[2009.06.17] What is "silent" Kara doing during the girl group uproar - "An Upgraded Kara is coming."

tinggg

2sbtpvo.jpg

What is Kara doing during the girl group flood?

One of Korea's 3 big girl groups Kara is preparing for their comeback in July. However, everyday the topic is discussed that versus other girl groups, they have been rather quiet in their activities. SNSD has a new album, Wonder Girls are causing a stir in their US entry, and new girl groups such as 2NE1 and 4 Minutes are catching the attention of the public, but Kara seems to be rather calm.

After ending promotions in April, all that's been heard is that their comeback would be in the summer and nothing else, causing fans to be even more curious as to their ongoings.

Kara's management DSP Media said on the 16th, "They are currently working on their comeback album, and the making of their title song <And It Is>* is near completion."

He continued to say that Kara's comeback will be in mid to late July. For Kara's sake, there's a lot of leisure time beforehand, and there's no need to make a fuss about it. With a thick fanbase, they're confident about their new album, and aren't too worried about joining the girl group war.

"Kara will upgrade from their current cute and lively image with <And It Is>, which will strengthen Kara's concept. Please look forward to it."

*There's no great translation for "이라며"-it's simply a form of the verb "to be" and a conjunction.

Link: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200906161823021002

Link by: anne

Translated by tinggg @ Karaholic.com

CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah thanks tinggggggggggggggg for translating..<<And It Is>> Will be anticipating for it and i am glad that kamila is considered a think fanbase haha..After all their hardwork with pretty girls to honey, the girls needed long breaks haha=))

hoho, it's nice of dsp to give the girls leisure time. a time for them to just chill and rest. :D

and it shows on their schedule too.

should i be glad that DSP seems confident? haha.

"Kara will upgrade from their current cute and lively image with <And It Is>, which will strengthen Kara's concept. Please look forward to it."

i'm looking forward to that too, dsp.

thanks ting!

thnx!!!!

im glad dsp is taking time n no rush for the comeback..its good that theyre calm n quiet bout it..makes the fans wonder even more..the song <and it is>,is it a ballad?or an upbeat song?..pls oh pls no more cutesy concept...

Edited by crazydreamer

an upgrade..hmm good for KARA.

it`s nice to know they are calmed right now

&& not stressed out. after so much work they need

to rest. they are humans. :]

can't wait for their comeback.

KARA FIGHTING!

Thanks tinggg for translating!!!

I am SO looking forward to this!! UPGRADED!!! And the song title sounds cool :D I'm actually glad the girls got more time to make their newest album. More time = more work = better result, right?

Whees I can't wait!!

They definitely shouldn't worry about the new girl groups. Yes 2NE1's marked their debut as a huge

Success and 4 Minute's debut song "Hot Issue" has received much positive comments, but they really

Have nothing against Kara. I'm just glad they're calm and ready to jump back into the raging girl groups War. I was worried for their comeback with new members in July of '08 but look, they made it even

Bigger. For sure they'll do fine =) Let's just wait to see what upgrades and confidence they have!

^^ i agree :D

"UPGRADED", is that the word we've all been waiting to hear right? :D.. i'm happy DSP is confident lol.. not so worried anymore..and getting away from cute .. um YAY!! :)

and i like the song title.. for what it's worth lol.. i'm surprised DSP announced it though.. but it's awesome people were curious enough to get an article out of it :lol:..

And It Is, we, the "thick" fan base will be waiting anxiously :lol:

thanks tinggg and annie :D

yes~! news about their comeback, i'm really looking forward to this!

from that fan account about the song i really can't wait to hear it and see this "upgrade" dsp has in store for us

I personally don't really care about this girl group "war" going on since Kara will always be #1 to me, and as for being "silent" I don't think that's the case... they are all actively participating in shows and their song Same Heart seems to be doing really well on the charts :D oh well maybe it's because i surround myself with everything Kara and don't pay attention to the other groups xD (

even though wondergirls will be in my city for that jonas brothers tour

)

I agreed with Chopsuey that KARA ain't that silent throughout their break, 1st they have Idol Show then there is Metafriend and its even shorter than SNSD's last break for nine months if I am not wrong.

But no need for the comparing anyway, KARA are talented and good so with or without the hype using teaser or what when it comes out it will be a blast! Will be waiting for it.

Thanks for the update.

KARA fighting!

It's a good thing, they'll be upgrading their image. Although, I still think Kara is Kara when they're cute, but not too cute (like Rock U.) :D

I've been waiting for AGES to see Hara & Nicole do something a little more sexy/mature

and so does Ham & Jing.^^

But baby Jing is still young. :lol:

All in all, I'm waiting for you girls! :lol:

Be strong, fighting!^^

if the `upgrade` seens something less cutely, i hope that something between `break it` style and `honey` style would be awesome. I`m still a big fan of old kara `break it` style . I`m looking forward to see the girls again soon performing cool musics like their debut time.

UPGRADING? maybe SungHee will return.. :lol:

It would really be a surprise if Sung Hee return! Then they could sing a ballad song that is similar to "I am ...Ing" which I like a lot. With Sung Hee's voice, it could be up a notch?

But I guess it would not happened, but I do hope Kara will have a chance for concert, since its going to be another album means they have enough song and by then enough experiences, then Sung Hee could joined them.

Edited by hao

I'm very excited about their comeback, I hope they come out with a bang ^__^

These days I really can't stop thinking about what their next concept will be, I really hope it's a mixture of Secret World meets Honey concept lol. I don't how it will come about but have been watching lots of Secret World performances and well it's been on my mind lately :lol: