Kara's Charm that set them to be different

chupachups

I agree! I especially noticed their figure during their honey performances; they all have nice arms and legs. It's probably why I started taking a liking to them, because they look like "normal" girls. I think they have "fuller" figures, and they don't look like they've haven eaten in a couple of years. But who knows, maybe the SNSD/WG girls have a faster metabolism? (Still love them anyway, even if I feel compelled to let them rest and eat more food! However, Yoobin's looking good!)

Basically, they look natural, and I'm glad DSP isn't forcing them to loose weight. Frankly, I am a bit scared though, especially since SS501 had to reduce weight. I hope they're lenient with the girls though.

Anyway, I'm glad that Kara is promoting a healthy image.

(Nice topic by the way. It gets people thinking XD)
I'm also quite glad that you made this topic! As you can see, Kara's figure is another major reason why I'm a big fan of them. It's nice to see healthy celebrities! So thanks trenchant! Edited by re.loaded

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think their body image matches right with the group's image.. they are just who they are and i'm happy DSP knows that that is the best image for KARA to represent to the rest of us :D..

xichigo made a great point lol. i think that is why KARA has so many female fans, like they don't have this image for us to want to be like them necessarily but the fact they are comfortable with themselves makes fans respect them and just like them more lol. they don't have this wall that separates us from them kind of feeling..like we're "alright" too like gyuri says :lol:

Yup yup .. I agree .. They're more healthy .. And down to earth than other groups and its good to know they arent killing them selves to have super thin bodies or weird things some celebreties do ..

• 2 weeks later...

I think their charm .. They all have so much charm .. And different talents.. And definetly their outfits too .. I dont * exactly * know what it is .. But they spread so much love by just being there <3

• 2 weeks later...

KARA has Kamilia!! :thumbup1:

i feel like the general mood among fans is like an OPEN BOOK kind of feeling lol

we want to and do try our best to "protect" the girls.. but we don't have this huge ego type of thing with us.. we know what the girls have been through and they aren't necessarily "competing" with the other girl groups but with themselves and sometimes DSP lol. .. i know this is easier for other people to bash them but at least they are who they are.. they don't have anything to hide :lol:..

I feel like the girls are all truly genuin.

What attracted me was their cute concept

of If you wanna. During that time, SNSD was

with their fresh ITNW dance days and cute

was not out yet, and i truly loved it, and then

they had break it, which was so awesome along

with secret world.

They really stood out.

Even till this day, their style is very different

and kind of old school, which is why i love them.

• 3 weeks later...

Kara have always had the girl next door image, cute and normal. WG and SNSD get alot of pressure for their body image though, I see lot of articles about Yoobin and Tiffany in particular. It might be because they went for the sexy image and that's why people are making a fuss. I thought Jiyoung had a chubby face, even though her body was proportioned, but when I found out she was only 15 it didn't seem to even matter because I think a 15 year old looking like that is incredibly beautiful and healthy.

Unlike the other 15 year old girl who caused controversy...

• 3 weeks later...

The one thing I love about Gyuri is that her figure isn't stick skinny, and it totally makes her even more gorgeous. She looks absolutely fierce with more meat on her bones.

Another thing is Seungyeon's hips. She's definitely not fat, but her bones are wider at the hips, that gives her that curvy look. You can see her hips and thighs have more of a shape in her Rock U shorts.

Kara definitely looks healthy, they really give off the girl-next-door feel.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

I think SNSD has nicer figures but will agree that Kara seem more "regular" but they still have great bodies. Usually only pay attention to faces though.

I actually disagree that SNSD has nicer figures. I know I'm going to sound bias, but aside from Tiffany, they are all underweight and some even look like they have atrophied muscles. The Kara girls are slim but look a lot healthier (think muscle woman Nicole). Hara is the only one that is too skinny to me, but she loves food just like the rest.

• 7 months later...

Gyuri's goddess image,

Seungyeon fake manakae image,

Sunghee's noisy personality

Hara acts all weird and funny even though she's a doll

Nicole's dorkyness

and lastly, jiyoung's why why why why why=)

Amen to all the comments above...for me, KaRa is like rainbow (btw i'm not talking about their dsp junior) coz each member had their own persona but those differences just make KaRa even more colourful in many aspects like vocally, personality, attitude etc, and i think only a few girl groups in Kpop have that condition where all the members shared the fame equally, like in some other groups 1 or 2 members overshadowed the other members in terms of fame or role. And i agree about their concept couldn't pulled off by any girl groups out there, i couldn't imagine 4Minute or 2ne1 wear their Pretty Girl outfit without looking ridiculous, and when people are thinking KaRa identical with cute concept, they came out with Mister and now Lupin, but still those changing concept suits them. Finally, i think only a few groups (if any) create their own name (in KaRa case by Gyuri), its shows that they are not just the puppets created by the company, but they also had rights to do something regarding their own group, plus Nicole create some of the rap for their song shows that the management respects the girls opinion and not just tellin them what to sing and whatnot.

• 1 month later...

i think kara charm is they give all they have when they performed something.....

i fall for them bcoz of cute concept but i also think they suit all image....

most important they have something different from others group

I agree with all of the comments above;

Like Gyuri (or was it Nicole?) said in their interview, Kara's has that "girl-next-door" image that you usually don't find in other groups, even with their sexy concept. They each have their own charms that makes them unique~

i think their charm is that all of the members have different and unique personalities.

and it comes to be super unique when they are together.

and also, they suit all concepts for sure. but they don't often use sexy concept like the usual female idol groups do.

they have courage to be different and i like that the most. ^_^

Kara looks more lively in stage performance~~

thats a good thing..And Kara has simple choreograph in their dance compared than other group..

But their dance really suit in their song..(especially honey)..

About their body figure, I think they have healthy lifestyle..So no big concern about it..(I love skinny girl more..doesnt know why.. O.o)

I actually disagree that SNSD has nicer figures. I know I'm going to sound bias, but aside from Tiffany, they are all underweight and some even look like they have atrophied muscles. The Kara girls are slim but look a lot healthier (think muscle woman Nicole). Hara is the only one that is too skinny to me, but she loves food just like the rest.

I'm a fan of SNSD & I actually agree with you a bit. Though I like 'em, I really do think the members of Kara have nicer figures, with the exception of Tiffany, but I have a terribly huge bias in concerns to Fany. <3

But yeah, agreed. :eyelove:

Edited by djwise