Kara's Charm that set them to be different

chupachups

What is that one thing when you see from Kara and the thought, "Of Course, as expected from DSP/Kara" comes to your mind?

-----

Since SBS Gayo has ended, my answer would be their performing outfits. :D

like Hanji said, DSP took the concept of the performance by heart and followed it religiously.

Like last year for MKMF, they were part of the "Battle of the Princess" and DSP dressed them up as Punk Princesses. Most recently on SBS Gayo Daejun, the performance concept was Sexy and DSP dressed them up as Bunnies/ Biker Princesses. :P

DSP or Kara never fails to surprise us when there are special event stages. We kind of expected it but yet still, managed to be caught by surprise. lol

No bashing here, but really, i think their outfits that they wore so far can only be pulled off by Kara. Can you imagine other girl groups wearing those outfits that Kara had worn? lol. Kara doesn't just go for one image, their image is flexible and it's easier for them to experiment with other concepts. :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kara's concepts and songs in general could only be pulled off by them :lol:.

Honestly, their girl next door quality is really rare amongst girl groups these days. They always seem to have this comfortable atmosphere around them.

I can't see any group wearing their Pretty Girl outfits either..though I totally totally love them!!!

yes i do think that we can never expects anything from DSP really

they sometime will not give us anything AT ALL and then just WOW us the next day

or sometimes they give us something and then turn out to be nothing ekekeke

kara too with DSP, it's like we're so disappointed tat their not going and then quietly we saw them on the guest list and then OMG the new outfit and Remix

oh DSP~

Kara's charm really is unique. I don't know what it is, but they're just so different from other groups. I also love the fact that they didn't give up even if their first album wasn't, by definition, a big success. Korean idol groups have a tendency to disappear after their first album if they don't do well, but Kara continued and established their spot in the Kpop world :thumbup1:

But their concept isn't really just "cute" or "sexy" or whatever you might call it, their concept can really only be described as the "Kara" concept :blushing: Not to mention they seem really down-to-earth and they still act like the bunch of young girls that they are. They let off this friendly vibe that makes them really "relate-able" and approachable.

I think their closeness and down to earth personalities!!

the way their group functions lol.. like you can tell they all love and respect leader haha

the whole group, every member gets along very well :blushing:

they know what's important, they aren't rigid and uptight...

they just have fun in everything they do.. just basically really nice good girls :thumbup1:

i agree, that comfortable feeling KARA gives off .. only KARA can do that :eyelove:

read all their recent articles about how the girl's have a natural image and they even read books!! haha

another thing that sets KARA apart, they say what they are thinking lol

whatever it is.. like the girl's defending themselves from anti's..

which other idol group does that nowaday? lol..

they aren't pushovers!

KARA's like the model girl idol group for me XD

I actually pictured other girl groups in Kara's outfits and the images were hideous lol.

Their image is unique. They just seem so comfortable and real. They just give off the feeling that what you see is what you get. The image that they portray on stage is the same you would see behind closed doors. With other groups, they try too hard and so it comes across as forced and not genuine.

I actually pictured other girl groups in Kara's outfits and the images were hideous lol.

haha, me too but i couldn't picture it.

their down to earth personality. don't mean to bash or anything but i was watching kara on idol show with super junior and my sister looked over my shoulder. (she watched wg on idol show with suju the week before) she said kara seems more fun and more lively then wg. (she's not a fan of either group)

they all get along, despite the age gap between the unni's and the maknaes. they also act their age and don't overdo it.

and the girl next door feel/vibe they give off. they're celebrities but they are such fangirls. especially jiyoung how she expresses her 'love' for daesung freely. i can't get the same feelings from other groups, some don't seem too friendly and approachable. maybe it's because of all the fame they are getting?

i think they will always stay humble and friendly even after they reach much success.

Edited by pyang

another thing that makes Kara different is their maknaes. Other maknaes are always quiet and just stay in the background of the older ones, but Kara...from Nicole to Jiyoung, they are not afraid to speak out and just show themselves. lol.

ok, maybe Nicole was very quiet at the beginning of last year, but that was because she's not used to talking in Korean. She got over that and now, just said whatever she wants to despite her weak Korean. lol.

so yep, i'm saying, KARA's Maknaes are not those stereotype maknaes who always remain quiet and doesn't talk much. lol

and most importantly, the older members treats them fairly. i mean, how should i say this? lol. like, they treat them as dongsaengs but at the same time as friends too. lol. (im not sure if you'll be able to get what i'm saying. lol)

^^ i get you anne :P

yup this is where gyuri's leadership comes in lol.. or gyulham :P..

they treat them with respect and equality? lol.. they don't look down at them b/c they are older or have more experience :D

Yes i agree with everyone..

kara's vibe, their charm had always got me into them

thats why i love kara so much and have never stopped supporting them

their determination is another thing.. i admire how they can keep going even though things dont turn out the way they want.. and then try even harder.. i honestly look up to them!!

thats probably the reason why i like them more compared to the other groups.

Edited by iMt

KARA's honesty :lol:

if you have watched the recent keywui interviews.. wow totally apparent :D

just we don't ever or rarely have to speculate with them.. they just tell you straight up..

keeping it real :D

• 1 month later...

I love Kara, because they seem like they could be your best friends.

For example, Wonder Girls, I really love them! They're an awesome group! But I could never think of myself as being friends with them.

As weird as this sounds, I feel like Kara would "You know what? Screw this!" if they didn't like something while other groups would either whine or not say anything about it. That's why I love them!

Because they don't fit the stereotypical idol image,

The one where you put the said person on a pedestal,

And literally worship the ground he/she walks on.

Because they're regular girls first, before they're idols.

Regular girls who experience the ups and downs like us.

As a result, they're approachable, relatable to us fans.

They appreciate fans, and that's what I really love about them.

Because it's so easy in their position, to take fans for granted.

So easy to look down on the very people who look up to you.

But they don't. Instead we are treated as equals.

I can never doubt Kara's love for Kamilia.

Cause that's just how it is and will be.

Edited by whaleatape

Oh man...what makes these girls so different from the other girl groups out there...

where do i even begin? first of all...at the beginning of KARA, they've kept with a

concept that i haven't seen a girl group try to attempt before. The hip-hop, tough girl

image that is so much overlooked because of the sexy-cute concepts. I'm glad that

KARA didn't debut with a sexy-cute image. I loved their tough-sexy-girl image. They

know how to be sexy without baring anything at all.

The girls are all so naturally beautiful. Each member is loved equally. Another thing

that i love about KARA is their versatility. They can do sexy, hip-hop, cutesy, mature, etc.

they just don't stick with one concept. Unlike other girl groups (for examples.) Wonder Girls

are sexy, i can't ever imagine them doing cute or tough-girl image. They suit the sexy/mature

image only. SNSD, they stick with the cute image only. And i can't even begin to imagine these girls

trying out the concepts that KARA has done. they just wouldn't suit...but i think if KARA did their images, they would succeed.

Another thing is that these girls are so down to earth. They respect their elders, their fans and

other artists. They think about things before they take their actions. KARA is rarely on the news

for having obscene, bad or weird behavior. If they're on the news, it would be because the group or

one member would be on a show; or their music, etc. Nothing like: "Netizens Angry Because Nicole Made A Racist Comment!" Nothing like that. Ever. They're good, respectful girls. Yeah they're famous,

but they don't act like pompuous-stick-up-their-a$$-girls. They act like the girls next door. They're so down to earth and such hard workers. If they feel that they failed on a performance, we know that the

girls will work harder on their next performance. I see their dedication and their love for their careers.

They also don't try to outshine one another. They debut as a group, so therefore, they will act together like a group. And they care for one another so much, even with the addition of 2 new members. What i love about KARA's concept is that they remind me of the "Older" girl groups back then. Like - S.E.S, FinKL, MILK, 0-24, Papaya, etc. They don't try to say things and expect people to think they're cute or anything. They just are. :D

Aish...now i'm just rambling, lols... I can't express enough about how much i love KARA.

KARA's just different. They don't try to be, they just are.

-Der

Edited by EUNSHIHAE

• 1 month later...

to me...i see that they are more conservative with their clothing and i like that because i dont like sexy images...lol...i like after school and everything but sometimes their shorts are just too short.

kara is set apart because they always wear dresses during performances mainly...thats cool

• 1 month later...

haha, so I hope this is not abominable to anyone and I mean none of course, but after watching other mainstream girl groups, to be more specific WG and SNSD, there is something that makes KARA different from those girl groups I have mentioned earlier. The girls in KARA are a lot more real (can't grasp the right term, forgive me)? BUT what I noticed in each of their performances is their figure. The girls in KARA seem a lot more healthy, like they look the way people should look, they are not sticks or anorexic looking (no offense SNSD and WG fans), and I feel like fans and viewers can appreciate that more. One doesn't always have to look like a stick to appeal. KARA is a healthy girl group who eat and work hard and that's what I like about them (among their many other talents and accomplishments of course). Those are my two cents, hope others feel similar.. maybe? haha :happybday:

I absolutely agree with this, Kara is definitely a hardworking group and I think their confidence in their figures rubs off on their friends too, ie. Gyuri and Yoobin. Like Nicole brought up, stick figures can be good but they have no volume XD

Kara definitely promotes a more natural lifestyle and I think that's why they have so many female fans in comparison to other groups :happybday:

I always thought that KARA had a bit more chubbier bodies than their peers because their arms or faces will always look more fuller and it wasn't until recently that I saw that their were in shape and had a even better physique. The girls really are just a group of girls who are confident in themselves and enjoy food.

i guess the title wasn't as alluring as I hoped it would be haha, but I agree with the posts thus far. If Kara works hard and stays in shape, why not eat as well! I hope they stay that way and don't turn to a carbon copy of the other girl groups!

^ Haha, I think today's just a slow day, that's why.

Yeah, Kara is known as the shikshin group for a reason! Seungyeon is always eating during Maybee Volume Up, Jing is chubby and cute, Gyul is, well, I think she gained a bit of weight, but hey, a girl's gotta lead a healthy lifestyle. Nicole is always so full of energy it's hard to think she's NOT healthy, haha. And even though Hara's quite skinny, I think it's just her frame that's petite; she doesn't give off a feeling of omg-I-must-diet.

I think it gives off a good image, especially to the female fans, that it's important to stay healthy. I mean, they're always so full of energy when they're performing, unlike some other groups whose fatigue is clearly visible (well, except for that one time after all the members were sent to the hospital after a Pretty Girl performance). But other than that, our girl rarely gets sick. In fact, I can't remember the last time when they were sick o_o. And doesn't Kara's normal figure make them seem closer to the fans? They don't give off that "I'm a diva so I'm all that" vibe; they have the girls-next-door feel to them that makes them so much more appealing to the fans.

I like my girls nice and healthy, thank you very much. <3

(Nice topic by the way. It gets people thinking XD)

haha, i have always thought about this too. Kara's body image is more 'average' as compared to other groups? like it doesn't make us girls to be wary of our body. lol plus we know they they are definitely not skipping any meals and that the company doesn't pressure them to lose weight.

their weight loss and weight gain happens naturally throughout the year... depending on the seasons. lol