[2011.02.22] KARA's "Jumping" and "Mister" achieve platinum and double platinum in Japan

chupachups

Despite the current controversy between the girls of KARA and DSP Media, it is indisputable that the group has achieved great success during their Japan promotions, receiving praise from various Japanese celebrities and ranking on Oricon's Top 10 DVD Weekly Chart.

Since the group's issues with DSP Media were revealed on January 19, KARA's sales in Japan have risen. Most recently, their hit songs "Jumping" and "Mister" have received acclaim.

According to the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ), the association responsible for certifying gold and platinum albums and singles in Japan, "Mister" has achieved double platinum under the category "Chaku-Uta", Japan's master ringtone download service. This double platinum certification designates "Mister" as a master ringtone that has exceeded 500,000 sales.

"Jumping" has reached platinum certification--250,000 sales--for "Chaku-Uta Full", the download of full-length songs to mobile phones. "Mister" has also received a double platinum for "Chaku-Uta Full".

Congratulations to KARA on their newest accomplishment!

Source: RIAJ

credit: KoreaBoo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww! thanks to Japanese Kamilians! they still support our girls despite their issue with their company! and lol so many people have Mister as a ringtone lol imagine: someone calls a japanaese kamilian in the train station and as soon as "la la la la la la" is herad everybody in the vagon starts searching for their phones! lol

. . . .im sorry that wasnt funny. . .actually I think it is lol anyaways

KARA & KAMILIA FIGHTING!

congratulation to our girls!! yoohoooo ^^

Kamilia is really daebak!! good job! kekeke

this just show how Kamilia still support KARA no matter what, stick with them no matter what! haha antis eat that! lolz

Congratulation girls! ^^

Edited by han rara

Wow so not only does KARA got a DP for mister for just download, but for another for just the whole song download. So wouldn't that mean that KARA got like 2 platinum, one from just regular download, and the other for whole song download. That amazing so much stuff happen to the girls. And the girls got number 1 to on the oricon chart, so now we have to wait until jet coaster love come out and see if the girls can get number 1 again. And see if the girls can get gold in their first week and platinum eventually.

I'm really proud of them get such amazing numbers but I was on another community where they posted the RIAJ numbers and for some reason Kara songs are classified as non-Japanese by the RIAJ and are not included in the Japanese list: here at aramatheydint

Does anyone know why this is? Kara have made the most effort in Japan during their promotions to learn Japanese and interact with the Japanese audience and the songs are certainly in Japanese. Jumping was even originally a Japnese single so why are they being ranked with foreign artists like Gaga, Bieber and Spears but SNSD are under Japanese singles :confused1:

Congratulations KARA! Another accomplishment to add to their tally. Allkpop of course didn't bother to report this but screw them. Where are all the people saying Japan is 'sick' of KARA now eh?

I'm really proud of them get such amazing numbers but I was on another community where they posted the RIAJ numbers and for some reason Kara songs are classified as non-Japanese by the RIAJ and are not included in the Japanese list: here at aramatheydint

Does anyone know why this is? Kara have made the most effort in Japan during their promotions to learn Japanese and interact with the Japanese audience and the songs are certainly in Japanese. Jumping was even originally a Japnese single so why are they being ranked with foreign artists like Gaga, Bieber and Spears but SNSD are under Japanese singles :confused1:

I know, right? It's weird. At first, I thought it has something to do with their Japanese agencies. I thought KARA could have signed with an agency who works with international artists. But, I was totally wrong. SNSD and KARA have the same Japanese agency: Universal Music.

The first time I noticed that KARA was 'international' artists and SNSD 'Japanese' artists was for an award where both of them won as best rookie artists. I honestly believed it was because those who gave the awards wanted to make both of them win since they both deserved it and the only way to do it was to put them in two different categories.

Now, I still don't understand... My last guess is that 'Shojo Jidai' sounds more Japanese than 'KARA', but there are other Japanese artists with English names like EXILE, just to name one. I want to understand!!!

I know, right? It's weird. At first, I thought it has something to do with their Japanese agencies. I thought KARA could have signed with an agency who works with international artists. But, I was totally wrong. SNSD and KARA have the same Japanese agency: Universal Music.

The first time I noticed that KARA was 'international' artists and SNSD 'Japanese' artists was for an award where both of them won as best rookie artists. I honestly believed it was because those who gave the awards wanted to make both of them win since they both deserved it and the only way to do it was to put them in two different categories.

Now, I still don't understand... My last guess is that 'Shojo Jidai' sounds more Japanese than 'KARA', but there are other Japanese artists with English names like EXILE, just to name one. I want to understand!!!

Thanks for the response and I'm glad someone is confused too. It can't be a name thing because there are loads of artists there with English names. And Kara is a Japanese word even if it's not in the same context the group uses it so that shouldn't be a factor.

I remember that award thing too. Maybe I'm being oversensitive but I don't understand how Kara who have put so much more effort than most of the recent Hallyu wave into their Japanese promotions-all of them learning and speaking Japanese, promoting extensively in Japan, releasing original Japanese material-and not half-assed it like certain other groups are classified as foreign artists but that other group is under domestic singles. It makes no sense :blink:

Edited by Optimist

@optimist & modueca

i wonder too. i understand why kara was categorised & awarded the japan gold disc award new international artist of the year but constantly mentioned under the international category is a puzzle. maybe some riaj frequenters can enlighten us.

about that international and local awards, i was confused too so i asked some sones about it.. they said that KARA won the "international artist award" for their KOREAN album, KARA best; while snsd won the "domestic award" cause of the japanese-translated song, gee.

but, KARA being always categorized as international artist, though they already have japanese songs and album, puzzles me too.