[2011.02.23] KARA Best Clips

red4summer

Congratulation to our girls for setting a new record with their #1 weekly chart for 2 weeks !

I am so happy and proud of them !

Plus...#2 in the yearly DVD chart ? It is just amazing !

And look at the big names ! We can now say that KARA is among the big names in Japan

well this is only March right now so there's plenty of time for other big names to take over kara's #2 spot but im sure we can still easily manage a top 10 for the yearly chart xD

kara is certainly one of the big names in japan now :D (imo)

3/9/2011 #13

Quite a fall but Best Clips is still the highest seller for DVD's not released today. Should start climbing back up the chart as the week goes on.

☆atl2006☆ I hope you don't mind me ninja-ing your usual updates :sweatdrop:

Edited by gyuriftw

i think noh minwoo who is a korean actor in dramas such as my girlfriend is a gumiho and pasta and ex member of trax tweeted something about kara'a achievement in japan for the sales of kara's best clips..google translate says that he is congratulating them XD

so nice of him..he was with kara in one episode of sgb as well where kara were asked to choose their ideals from actors of pasta..he sang an acoustic version of umbrella

i don't know how to screencap so i'll just copy and paste his tweet here

작년에 일본친구들이 KARA 너무좋아해서 카라에게 일본 진출 꼭 해주세요 모두들 기다리고있습니다 라고 전했는데 이렇게 오리콘 차트 2주 연속 1위

credit @ROCKOUT529

i think noh minwoo who is a korean actor in dramas such as my girlfriend is a gumiho and pasta and ex member of trax tweeted something about kara'a achievement in japan for the sales of kara's best clips..google translate says that he is congratulating them XD

so nice of him..he was with kara in one episode of sgb as well where kara were asked to choose their ideals from actors of pasta..he sang an acoustic version of umbrella

i don't know how to screencap so i'll just copy and paste his tweet here

작년에 일본친구들이 KARA 너무좋아해서 카라에게 일본 진출 꼭 해주세요 모두들 기다리고있습니다 라고 전했는데 이렇게 오리콘 차트 2주 연속 1위

credit @ROCKOUT529

[Trans] Last year, my Japanese friends love KARA very much. So I told KARA please surely advance into Japan. Everyone is awaitting for you all. Like that, 2 weeks at #1 on Oricon Chart  [by R.O.M]

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/96jd1a

http://twitter.com/#!/ROCKOUT529

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sweet, another gold for KARA. Pretty soon even Michael Phelps is gonna be jealous. :giggly: I wonder what the threshold for gold certification is. Probably 100,000 or 150,000?

Kara's Best clips got Gold cerfication from Riaj, first Dvd gold certification for any foreign girl-group, meaning another record broken.

Didn't "The Beginning of GG" sell like 120k?

Just asking, you know. And I think KARA can actually hit platinum, it's probably gonna take some time, but it's gonna happen.

#8 3/11/11

There were 3 new releases today which bumped KARA down 3 spots. 'Best Clips' is still the highest among DVD's not released this week.

In7aF.jpg

Edited by gyuriftw

When the DVD obtained Gold certification, I decided to order a copy online from YesAsia but the First Press with Interview DVD was already sold out. I therefore ordered the lower-priced normal edition. Anyway, I don't understand Korean and need English subtitles. Probably, I will check out the interview clip with EngSub on Internet. Hope the DVD has high resolution video and sound. Supporting KARA! Helping them to get Platinum. Hwaiting!

But still amazing first girl group to ever receive a gold certification in the dvd chart, truly amazing.

This is false. Shoujo Jidai's New Beginning of Girls' Generation also got certified gold last month. It took them 6 months to get it though.

Edited by Naaaddddiiiaaa

This is false. Shoujo Jidai's New Beginning of Girls' Generation also got certified gold last month. It took them 6 months to get it though.

Your right Shoujo Jidai did get gold for their dvd last month, sorry about the mistake, I don't keep up Shoujo Jidai records so thanks for the info.

well still, KARA took the short time to get a gold. It took SNSD 6 months to get, Did SNSD release the dvd after they first single. Could if they release it after their first single, should they have a lot of fans. i guess it just tell you about KARA tremously succeed, receive gold in the first week. While other have to wait like 6 months to get gold.

well still, KARA took the short time to get a gold. It took SNSD 6 months to get, Did SNSD release the dvd after they first single. Could if they release it after their first single, should they have a lot of fans. i guess it just tell you about KARA tremously succeed, receive gold in the first week. While other have to wait like 6 months to get gold.

no SNSD released their DVD before their debut, to introduce SNSD to the Japan market. so them getting Gold for this DVD is actually a huge achievement as well ^^