[2011.04.06] Japanese 3rd Single [Jet Coaster Love]

red4summer

^^ gold in under a week! amazing!

will double gold be possible in two weeks? o.o?

perhaps three weeks? :whistling:

I bet sales would spike up if kara had just one performance of jcl...

It would be so nice if kara could make a special appearance for jet coaster love in music bank/core/mnet/etc in korea since they can't go to japan....

It'd be a nice present too...

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ gold in under a week! amazing!

will double gold be possible in two weeks? o.o?

perhaps three weeks? :whistling:

i dont think there's a certification for Double Gold~ only Double Platinum. and if im not wrong there's Triple Platinum too. and anyways, considering the situation in Japan right now, it's quite impossible for JCL to reach 200k in 2-3 weeks.

and yessss Weekend Boost has arrived. sales increased 1k today, which is really good. JCL daebak!

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

For those who want to know, Merry Love(SUNGJE & JIYOUNG) has sold 4,816 so far.

The top 10 weekly single standings for the first 5 days of sales:

1. KARA - 109,877

2. Tsuyoshi - 82,699

3. SDN48 - 59,834

4. UVERworld - 42,625

5. Morning Musume - 28,036

6. Maximum the Hormone - 15,840

7. Hiroshi Kamiya - 13,992

8. YUKI- 14,193

9. D ☆ DATE- 13,205

10. Kiyoshi Hikawa- 8,723

14. SUNGJE & JIYOUNG- 4,816

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ustan777/archives/51812223.html

that great, I still want to predicated that KARA can maybe sells more than what best clips did. Maybe sells about 2-3K more than what best clips make. I do think it would be possible that the girls are going to hit 200K maybe in 2-3 week. I think eventually this single is going to hit platinum, just don't know when maybe when the month is over. I hoping that something of KARA would hit double platinum, and not for the download, but for physical sells. Maybe GT would hit it first, and the JCL would come after

it didnt beat Best Clips for 1st week sales, but thats all right. it still did amazingly well <3

and i can just imagine the headlines now: First Korean Girl Group to Top the Oricon Weekly Single chart. woots!

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

Yeah, it ok that they didn't beat what they made for best clips. We just got to remember about the situation in japan. and we were remember why the girls didn't beat what they made for best clips. But hey, they got gold anyway. Maybe get platinum in 3 week. Wow I didn't know that the gap between first and second was that larger. Yeah I can see it now first foreign girl group to be hit number 1 weekly chart.

saw the article in Oricon (http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/rankmusic/86507/full/) and seems the girls had break another record and this time a 43 years and 4 months record :scared: ...(not sure if its correct, guess i'll wait for the translation)

but #1 Weekly seems 99% on their hand now ^_^

finally translation :tongue:

KARA sets another record for foreign female artists in Japan!

Since their debut in Japan last August, KARA’s latest single “Jet Coaster Love” has proven to be the most popular as the single has given them their best sales, selling 123,000 copies in it’s first week. The high sales volume has also put KARA at the number one spot on Oricon’s 4/18 Weekly Single Ranking.

This is the first time a foreign female group has had a number one ranking in it’s first week of release since the creation of the Oricon Single Ranking back in January 1968, so it has been 43 years and 4 months!

“Jet Coaster Love” has sold twice the amount of their previous single “Jumping”, which was released during their break-up crisis turmoil last November, selling 55,000 copies in its first week.

KARA was selected as the number one newcomer this year and “Jet Coaster Love” is their first number one in both the weekly single and album rankings. Their first single “Mister” and second single “Jumping” both ranked at #5, while their albums “KARA BEST 2007-2010” and “Girl’s Talk” both ranked #2.

The last time a foreign female artist has placed #1 on the weekly singles ranking was 6 years ago when BoA’s “DO THE MOTION” reached #1 on the 4/11 2005 ranking. The last time a foreign female group placed number one, was The Nolans’s “Dancing Sister” single on the 11/17 1980 weekly ranking, which became number one in its 16th week; it’s been 30 years and 5 months.

KARA also left a comment, “Thanks to all of you, “Jet Coaster Love” has become #1. As KARA, we will continue to do our best to cheer everyone up in the future. And, we hope that everything can be restored even just one day sooner”.

“Jet Coaster Love” is KARA’s first single of 2011. It was originally supposed to be released on March 23rd, but was postponed due to the Great Tohoku Earthquake. In order to help out the area affected by the disaster, KARA has decided to donate all proceeds from this single (CD and digitally) to relief efforts.

cr: allkpop

:shocked::teary::gemhyper:

I've pretty much run out of superlatives to use when describing KARA thanks to all this recent success. First foreign group to with a single at #1 in it's first week, first #1 by a foreign female in 6 years, first foreign female group at #1 in 30 years. It's all seems like a dream that's too good to be true, but it's not. This is actually happening. :jogging:

It's not so surprising that JCL has a lower first week sales than Best Clips since it was released digitally almost a month ago.

But still congrats Kara!!~~ First group in the new hallyu wave to get #1 :thumbup1:

Now I'll be alright with other groups getting #1 :tongue:

^

but i'm still surprised at the week bonus, it's kinda low. well.. congrats girls, it's still a notable feat considering the present situation.

i still remember how modest they were during ystar special day interview talking about (previous) oricon ranking.

i just wish we can see another pretty soon..

I think the reason that kara didn't get number 1 daily on the first day was beacause a lot of kamillias didn't know the postponed date of release for jcl.

The proof is because kara got #1 weekly ^_^. good job kara.

I'm proud of u guys.

kara is #1 daily again today wtih

it's kind of low but still quite a bit ahead of #2 spot who sold 2182 singles

i can't read it, it's 縁を結いて 堂本剛

I think the girls will get a boost in sales for jcl single because of the imaokuritai pv ^^

extra tid bit:

for recochoku music clip ranking, kara is everywhere on it!

#2 kara - jcl

#6 kara - jcl (close up ver)

#7 kara - mister

#15 kara - jumping

#24 kara - lupin

#34 kara - jumping

#40 kara - wanna

#43 kara - pretty girl

#44 kara - honey

#50 kara - rock u

#80 kara - mister dance ver

I literally meant everywhere :tongue:

Edited by eseul

First, I'm super extra Happy for our #1 WEEKLY YUPPIIE, :thumbup::rolleyes: Jet Coaster Love DAEBAK ! (I still wonder how would it be if...... ok, I'll stop it here XP)..

Our girls are HUGE, like seriously, How many records did they set and break ?? Too many or is it me ? KARA PHENOMENON no wonder though :tongue::whistling:

still #1 daily ? OMG How great would it be having two #1 weekly in a row ? mMmm who will release their single this week ?