[2009.01.01] Rivalries to look forward to in 2009

coffeebeanie

Rivalries for the Year 2009 in the music industry.

72swztur3.jpg2008123109392611321rm9.jpg

In the korean music industry, the girl idol groups are represented by the Wonder Girls, Girls Generation and KARA. And each are from reputable companies - Wonder Girls belong to JYP, Park Jin Young's company, Girls Generation is a part of SM, where SES also comes from, and KARA is from DSP, who produced Finkl.

The Wonder Girls will take a break after their last stage which will be on the 31st of December. On the other hand, Girls Generation will release their new mini-album on the first week of January. And for now, it is KARA who is swiftly rising on the charts. This indicates that KARA, who is enjoying a strong popularity and showing on the music charts, and Girls Generation, who has up till now been quietly preparing, will fight in out on the music programs this year. This is gathering much attention and interest, mainly beause of it being very reminiscent of the original rivalry of Finkl and SES, who incidentally belong to the same companies as KARA and Girls Generation respectively.

The odds seem to favor Girls Generation, whose popularity was at par with Wonder Girls. However, it also is evident that the number 1 position is within KARA's reach with <Pretty Girl>.

source: SPORTSKHAN NEWS thanks to louise :)

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. only translated KARA related parts. CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

Edited by mae

They're both two of my favorite groups, so I'm excited to see what they have in store for this year. SNSD, especially, with their comeback. I hope DSP will get Kara to promote the other songs in their mini-album, or have another version of Pretty Girl so that even when SNSD comes back, they'll still remain fresh with their audiences. I also hope to see Kara and Soshi interactions! Hoozah!! xD Can't wait ~

Thanks for posting! <3

Its nice to know they acknowledge Kara now along with WG and SNSD...

Yes continue the good work DSP because things are getting well...

I wish the best for Kara...

And all their hardwork to pay off...XD

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^

Its nice to know they acknowledge Kara now along with WG and SNSD...

just what i thought too :)

hmm.. i think b/c we are still new to what is happening to KARA, the owner guy coming back and all.. we still don't know if anything will change but for now the girls are doing pretty well..

i guess it could be called a rivalry but it's more like friendly competition just b/c the two groups are more alike than different XD.. i don't think it'd be as obvious as the wg vs snsd one lol.. i bet we'll be seeing Kara and Snsd together somehow.. we know how korea loves to relive those dsp vs sm days lol

should be fun.. dsp said KARA will be promoting until earlier this year :)

i think DSP will probably let KARA promote another song of the mini album..

thanks tin and louise :D

like everybody has been saying, DSP just needs to keep doing what they're doing with Kara and they'll stay up there. Actually ... they have to do MORE then what they're doing now especially since SNSD will be active once again.

can't wait to see what this year will bring.

thanks for translating tin and sharing, louise

Yeah last year was all about Wonder Girls VS. SNSD or WonderBang. This year I'm kind of hoping KARA and Super Junior will be together because I love both and I would totally faint if they perform together... Super Junior and KARA were pretty inactive in 2008, KARA only came for about 6 months of the year and Super Junior was in China....

great to hear kara vs snsd because its always been wg

and kara is always the one left out

i am looking forward to see the competition between the two groups

just watched GG's teaser and i must admit it is pretty catchy

so its going to be tough!!

hope DSP will improve and do more to help kara.

I have seen SNSD's teaser mv and as expected, it was awesome...

Pretty Girl is doing good in charts and if SNSD comes, there goes the rivalry..

hoping for a special stage though..

go go Kara~! Fighting~! SNSD jjang~! Fighting!!!!

too bad WG is not in that rivalry thingy... heheheh...

thanks for this..

I've never really seen SNSD as a rival to anyone since there are soo many members xD I think Wonder Girls and KARA would be more plausible rivals, but I hate this rival stuff :/

I've always liked how Kara always kinda minded their own business and just sang instead of "competeing with other singers." But now that they're getting more popular, they're going to be compared more often to WG and SNSD. At least Kamilia will always stay mature and only pay attention to Kara. :P

If Kara's promotes Yodele next, then it'll be an E-Tribe song vs another E-Tribe song, since SNSD'S Gee is also made by E-Tribe.

Edited by papercranes

I always say this but I really want Kara to win the mutizen! But w/ SNSD's comeback I really don't' know if that's within reach. Kara tries their best and they're getting much more popular but...idk if that's enough to beat SNSD ;_____; No bashing, I'm excited for SNSD's comeback--I just wish Kara got awards to have their hard work pay off :/

But I'm glad they're now considered a "threat" yay :P! I've always loved Fin.k.l more than SES and I guess it's the same thing this time ^^;

woah. i can't wait! rivalry among snsd and kara? go kara! dsp must give a lot much more work since snsd is coming back! so yeah! but i would like to see kara featuring with super junior or dong bang boys or the bigbang! it would be great! hahahaha. hope kara maintain its popularity this year 2009!

Kamilians, support KARA, always! hahahaha. [ofcourse!] "if u wanna pretty, every wanna pretty" :P

snsd's new trailer sounded like KARA!!! i think kara vs snsd is a better match-up than wondergirls since the two groups have the cute image while wg has more of the sexy image..although kara brought back their sexy image during the year end performances with the bunny outfits and all..come to think of it KARA seems more versatile!

^

i dont think Kara's image is similar to SNSD. We cant even define Kara's image other than them having this comfortable girls-next-door image (which is totally awesome and likable). They've tried so many different genres from their debut till now. It's just that they have soften their concept and are more feminine now than before.

i dont want to think of it as a versus thing. if we think them fighting it out, Kara is behind them so far. Kara is still only new to this popularity, receiving massive attention thing while SNSD got to experience it from last year till now.

i agree with Ting. I call for a special stage too! haha!

Hyoyeon and Nicole's dance! lol.