Has anyone mastered the Butt Dance?

I'm no dancer but I seriously looked into this. Just singing along, I believe it's...

Listen to the constant bass, that's your beat. Every time your hips swings and stops at the sides, the beat hits. It never hits when your hips is around the center.

1(bass beat), 2, 3(bass beat), 4, 5(bass beat), 6 Do(bass beat) It! (

1st "LA" you have your hips pop to the left while you make your right shoulder directed towards the right.

2nd La should be in the center.

3rd La should have your hips to the right while your left shoulder is now directed towards the left.

4th La should be in the center.

5th La should be like the first pop.

6th La should be the center.

(Silent La) there's no singing, the song stops for a second but your hips should be to the right and your shoulders back to the left.

7th La should be like the first (by now, you should have your motion already of your hips and upper body going opposite directions.)

8th La is Center

9th La is the same as 3rd.

10th should be center.

11th should be the same as 7th.

Now comes the tricky part.

12th La should be center

There's the pause here but there comes the whip where you whip your hips to the left but bring it back to the right before the next few LA's starts. Kinda like, switching positions to the opposite side quickly but make the hip smack or whip to the side and also raise your right arm with fist enclosed. Make sure you punch the sky at the same time your hips whip to the side and bring your arm back down.

13th La should be coming but by this time, you should be back to having your hips sway to the right. (Yes, 13 and 14's LA ends with the hips to the right and the left shoulder directed towards the left.)

14th LA should be center.

15th La should be the same as the 7th

16th La should be center.

17th La should be the same as the 14th.

18th La should be center.

Now ends the la or like Invincible Youth, star the "1! 2! 3! 4! 5! 6! DO IT!" and repeat lol.

Hope that isn't confusing, just watch the video along with it if you got it.

The love the outfits for that song!

I have tried to do it so many times....but I can only manage to do it well half of the time.

My sister can do it quite well though lol. :whistling:

Seriously! Who would've thought the overall belts would be the key to making the dance that much better.

The first time I did it it was sorta hard *cause it's been months since I last danced..

haha.. but after like a 100 tries (cause my hips had to "loosen" up) lol

and now it's easy~ ^^ it's really fun to do honestly! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8! lalalala~

*dances

I mainly learned from Nicole's tutorial when they were being interviewed by G-Dragon. I have to say that its difficult at first, but I got the butt swinging down if not the rest of the choreography :) I agree with te above poster. The dance is really fun to do! Especially as a light workout :x

I've been practicing since early 2010 and I've been getting better, the more videos I see with the girls explaining how to do it, the more I understand how much to curve my "s-line" and when to move my legs and bend my knees when doing the sway.

But I'm still nowhere near as good as KARA, especially not as good as Nicole! ;n;

• 2 weeks later...

As a person who learned many K-Pop dance choreographies, I have to admit I'm still a little embarassed at doing the butt dance primarily because I'm a guy. And it's pretty hard initially, but over the years of swaying to rhythm, I guess I'm able to feel how the butt dance flows with the music. But I guess it's still easier than Step's fast dance at its chorus.

If I had to rate myself, I guess I'm 80% there. The main point is bending forward to make your butt more prominent, and rotating it in a circle to the song together with your upper shoulder. You get the feel better if you learn the arm actions first, leading to the shoulders, then the lower body. Heh! B)

Edited by Redresonance

• 2 weeks later...

definitely not me....i'm probably the worst dancer in this whole universe and i'm kinda sad that i won't be able to even feebly do any of their dance moves :(...i'm so envious of those who can, they are talented & lucky

• 3 weeks later...

i have mastered it in 1 week starting on 1st january 2012 till 7th january 2012 cuz before that i am busy mastering step...i am so shy to record my butt dance hahaha :lol:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...