[2011.03.09] KARA's Jet Coaster Love to compete against other idols

Caly

33ykdnc.jpg

KARA are to compete against Japan's own Idol groups in album selling.

KARA is going to release their third single "Jet Coaster Love" on the 23rd of March. On that day itself, morning musume and japan's most popular girl group AKB48's sister group, SND48, are to release their singles as well. The competition between the girls idol groups are going to be unveiled.

In this swirl of competition, staffs of the various Music programs are predicting that KARA will earn an outright victory amongst all the girl groups. KARA and AKB48 have been categorised together and are being recognised by the japanese as the most popular idol groups in Japan right now. These two groups are being known as "the trend". KARA's "KARA BEST CLIP" that was released last month had gotten to the top of ORICON DVD chart, selling as much as 132000 copies. This is the first time ever for a foreign girl group to clinch this title. Following behind Namie Amuro, KARA has become the second best selling female artistes.

In this current situation, though KARA will face competition from this 2 groups, it is still clear that KARA will top the ORICON chart once their 3rd single is being released.

Taken from: karafamily.net,Newsen

Translated by dreamgal_91/Caly @Karaholic

Gyahh! i translated this article twice because my comp hanged when i finish translated the article the first time! So frustrating! Gotta release my anger before i smash my comp. -.- haha! and sorry for bringing articles slow cause i have my exams to juggle. Hope you guys understand! (:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx for the translation Caly

So dedicated even though u're busy with exams and all :thumbup:

Well, I always believe that our girls will give their best...

Fierce competition will only strengthen our girls image :thumbup1:

KARA and Kamilia hwaitinggg!

SND48 and Morning Musume are tough competition indeed, and I believe JuJu and Maximum the Hormone are releasing singles on March 23rd as well. It will be a tightly contested release week for sure, but I believe in you J-Kamilias :thumbup1:

thanks for the translation ^^ this is such wow !! being in the top groups in japan. im not too worried if they get number one or not coz we all know KARA is number one hahaha but i mean they are already This big in Japan getting number one or not is already a big feat itself being dubbed as one of the top groups in japan KARA JJANG :D wooot woot

Regardless of how well JCL does on the charts (not that I'm worried though), I'm just happy we get to see the girls again :crying: <- tears of joy.

Thank you Caly for the translations, despite your busy schedule =). Hope your exams go well 加油!~

competition but more of friendly acknowledgement & recognition of each other talents.

now my priority is not about the sales or ranking but their appearance as kara on stage/tv.

thanks caly for the thought of sharing with everyone here.

Whoaahh sounds like tough, major competition. But I don't worry too much about our girls.

The J-Kamilias keep growing in number and I'm sure JCL will do well once it's released.

Now whether or not our girls beat AKB48, I don't really see as the priority.

But it is great that others think they can xD Kara's power in Japan is truly amazing :D

Kara fighting~! Thanks for sharing :)

Happy about Kara being recognized as one of the top girl-groups in Japan, along with Akb48, that's saying a lot.

Definitely not worried about Sdn48, since after their first day sales they will take a huge drop and their popularity is not that big compared to even Ske48.

I'm more worried about is Maximum The Hormone, its their first single back from their hiatus and their big in the rock scene, and Jang Geun Suk because his pre-orders look scary for someone who never release a single before.

But I believe Kara will have no problem taking #1, its gonna be interesting to see who gets #2 and #3 though.

thanks for the translation!

and wow, this sounds intense. i hope KARA wins so it'll quell all the antis and prove to DSP that KARA is too important to neglect. if they do lose, i guess they'll take some heat, because apparently at this stage, KARA needs to top everything because that's the trend. they're breaking so many japanese records!

if jap predicater say that KARa would come out on top, really that great to be acknowledge. i happy that people have that much confident that in KARA, and believe tat KARA would come out on top. I believe that to. They are totally recognized in japan. They are number 1 best korean girl group in japan. To be in catorgize with AKB48 is a big honor, and be one of the most popular is awestome for the girls. I hoping that the predication is right, and they can get victory, wondering what would the ninki predication be.

that's quite the competition they have there :sweatdrop:

but i wouldnt worry too much. Kara will still be able hold up :thumbup:

we must have faith in the girls and J-Kamilia! after all, J-Kamilia can be VERY surpising. hahah. who knows, they may give us another surprise :rolleyes:

glad to see that Kara is getting massive support from music show representatives.

im sure KARA's gonna get #1 this time round.

j-kamilias havent disappointed us yet :3

plus SDN48 isnt that big, i think. like atl2006 said, even SKE48 is more popular than them.

but what really caught my eye in this article:

KARA and AKB48 have been categorised together and are being recognised by the japanese as the most popular idol groups in Japan right now. These two groups are being known as "the trend".

so effing proud of my girls rn :cry:

:confused1: Is it possible to get the new single album of Jet Coaster Love (any or all versions) before March 23? I've been hearing that some people already got theirs earlier. :( I was thinking it was because of the area they live in which mattered.

Maybe KARA won't do as well as planned. Now that this devastating disaster hit Japan, maybe more people will use that money towards the relief efforts rather than on buying albums. I mean Japan is going to need EPIC relief efforts to get many cities and families back on their feet. Experts are predicting that it may take as long as 10 years.

I think that this disaster in Japan will affect AKB48 much more than Kara, because AKB48 can't really go according to schedule domestically and overseas. Kara on the other hand, can still perform at home. Unfortunately, the music industry in Japan may in fact suffer overall as relief may become a much bigger focus over there.