Do you think the Earthquake in Japan will affect KARA's popularity in Japan?

Kara5Kamilia

Right now Japan has much more important things to worry about than idol groups. I'm sure Japanese Kamilias are very appreciative of the messages of support as well as the donation KARA is going to make with Jet Coaster Love profits. In the short term, obviously sales will be down not just for KARA but all of Japan's music industry since the Japanese will be spending their money on necessities. This is clearly evident with BEAST getting #2 on the Oricon daily yet only selling around 10k, which is usually barely enough to get in the top 10. When Japan eventually recovers, whether it be a month or a year from now, there's no reason why KARA wouldn't continue being popular once again.

I don't think there'll be too much effect but I think Japan will remember what KARA did to help (a pretty huge sacrifice actually) and they'll still love KARA all the more. Maybe they'll even forget about the contract dispute stuff since it seems so petty compared to the current situation

Oh I just saw a KARA youtube video uploaded by a Japanese living near the Fukushima plant. She is listening to KARA everyday to help cheer her up and she uploaded the video (which is from SY's latest episode on URAKARA when they sang "Ima, Okuritai Arigatou") so that others could view it and be cheered on.

This shows that music and the inspiration from idols are useful during such trying times to give hope to people, and if anything I think KARA's popularity is going to go up after Japan recovers from this disaster.

---

Sorry I forgot the link :(

Edited by grainy

I don't think so. If anything, I think their popularity will increase after their decision to donate all the JCL proceeds.

Music sales will probably go down for everybody, but I'm sure once Japan recovers from this Kara will dominate again.

Edited by shawtiisays

I don't think it will affect their popularity there.

For all we know those messages from the girls to J-Kamilias or just normal citizens would garner them hope.

Plus, the girls' JCL proceeds would go to the Japanese people who survived this calamity.

it'll be unfortunate but seriously popular or not, it should be the last thing we need to worry when compared to those who have lost families and friends to the tragedy. i'm not concerned with kara popularity right now but how unforeseen natural disasters can bring to mankind.

Right now Japan has much more important things to worry about than idol groups. I'm sure Japanese Kamilias are very appreciative of the messages of support as well as the donation KARA is going to make with Jet Coaster Love profits. In the short term, obviously sales will be down not just for KARA but all of Japan's music industry since the Japanese will be spending their money on necessities. This is clearly evident with BEAST getting #2 on the Oricon daily yet only selling around 10k, which is usually barely enough to get in the top 10. When Japan eventually recovers, whether it be a month or a year from now, there's no reason why KARA wouldn't continue being popular once again.

You're definitely right. Japan has bigger things to worry about.

#PrayForNippon :)

Definitely. In a positive way. (: Because when I get sad or something bad happens to me, I just listen to KARA and I feel encouraged to move on. I think a lot of the affected Japanese people will feel the same way as they listen to KARA or even see a picture of them smiling. (:

I don't think anyone really cares about KARA or AKB48 or even Michael Jackson. And for those who think Japan will be grateful of KARA's donations, I think you live on a different planet. KARA is very insignificant right now.

@tna don't put it in such an extreme way. All donation counts. KARA's popularity and the earthquake are two entirely separate matters.

People will pay less attention to all entertainment media now, not just KARA, because right in front of them is a problem that affects their physical lives.

Please don't be too extreme, either way. I feel this topic should not exist at all.

Sales will go down obviously but of course all japanese Kamillas will be greaful as the proceeds from the new single will be going to the relif effort. Well done KARA!

@tna don't put it in such an extreme way. All donation counts. KARA's popularity and the earthquake are two entirely separate matters.

People will pay less attention to all entertainment media now, not just KARA, because right in front of them is a problem that affects their physical lives.

Please don't be too extreme, either way. I feel this topic should not exist at all.

I agree

Sales may go down, but I don't think that has much to do with popularity entirely. Although people will be spending less, they could still enjoy listening to Kara on the radio or watching them on tv.

Anyways, I think this question could apply to all artists because everyone is being affected by this. But life has to go on and singers will keep singing, variety shows won't shut down, and idols will continue to be idols. No one is going to go downhill tomorrow; I doubt Kara will become unknown again so quickly.

I think not. No relation about KARA's popularity and the earthquake.. Maybe after the disaster, many people not really thinking about entertainment world. But after it recovered, everythings will back normal.. And KARA will continue their activities in Japan as usual.. :)