[2011.03.23] Goo Hara has donated 100 million KRW for helping Japanese victims

Yoochi

On the 22nd of March, through a social welfare association, KARA Goo Hara has donated 100 million KRW for helping victims suffering from the earthquake in Japan. She said: "Although this amount of money is not too much for Japanese victims but i hope it can support them a little". It is known that her management company didn't know about that.

The amount of 100 million KRW has been donated on Hara's own behalf not KARA's or through DSP Ent. For the fact that Hara is renting house for living on her own, this is really a big number to her.

A manager in showbiz said: "It is impossible to know the exact income of KARA". He also analyzed: "The income of a group at the same ranking as KARA in one year after being divided for managemnet company, the total amount left is about 2 billion KRW. It means that after being divided for five members, each member will get about 400 million KRW, but after being subtracted for tax twice, the true amount each member get is only 200 million KRW. However, she has donated half of her income in one year".

It is planned that Kara will release the 3rd single on the 23rd of this March and donate all the profit from the album for victims suffering from the earthquake in Japan. However, the releasing of the the album has been delayed resulted from the damage of the earthquake. So Hara has decided to donate by herself.

However her donation has raised a question in netizen because the other three members have ever said that they only got 840.000 KRW from the total sales revenue of their album in 6 months. Normally, the division of sales revenue is caculated like this: after being subtracted for expense of production, the left amount will be divided. For this reason, it is possible that each member basically only get 840.000 KRW.

After all, we can see that 100 million KRW is a big amount to Hara while she is renting house to live on her own.

[c]:
Newsen

[t]: Yoo @ karaholic

take.out.with.full.credit

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Hara rents a house on her own, she still gave that big amount of money for the Japanese eartquake victims...she's really generous! :) Hara's so caring^_^

Hara truly has a heart the size of a moon for donating half her yearly income. Taking the initiative because of the JCL release delay to quickly help those in desperate need..hara you're nothing short of amazing. Reading this really is heartwarming :).

Thanks for the awesome translations Yoo.

Goo Hara has a heart of gold that really put many to shame. She must have suffered much to know what is real suffering. I am humbled and feel my tears would have almost flowed out at the sight of her loveliness and generosity. Such a kind and gentle soul. Sigh. Wonderful.

Aww Thanks yoo!(: hara is such a sweetie to donate this much to japan! Why do the media focuses on the dispute between dsp and Kara but not the act of her kind heart of donating soo much money to japan? :/

i'm really proud of her!!

she has a golden heart...she made me love her even more!!

she's never fail to surprise me....but this time i feel so grateful for her kindness

she's just not an idol and entertainer but for me now she is an angel!!

She's a total sweetheart to give so much money out of her own pocket to help the victims sooner. I have so much admiration and respect for her.

It's a shame that the report talked abut the dispute when it should just be reporting on Hara's amazing kindness. Why are people always looking for negativity even in such a wonderful gesture like this?

lordangelic: I don't understand what you are implying about DSP? Everyone found out after she made the donation because the charity organisation chose to release the information. Hara decided to donate her own money and she does not need to inform DSP. Donations through a company would be a lot more complex and involve lots of red tape so it is easier to donate on her own and it seems that Hara wanted it to be a personal gesture from her heart rather than as part of a group or her management company.

Edited by Optimist

@Optimist

well said!! :thumbup1:

my thought actually...

people like bashing and find the negative sides when someone do something nice but if they don't do it they asking why they don't.... :whistling:

PRAY 4 JAPAN

KARA hwaiting!!

this is just so amazing. our honey really has a heart of gold. kara is already donating all proceeds from Jet Coaster Love (which is bound to sell a lot) to the Japanese victims, but now she's actually donating a huge amount of her income to actually help all these people. seriously i dont think i have ever been so proud of this girl <3

and i cant believe that about half of the article was just about debating hara's actual income. it's just.... ridiculous. regardless of what hara earns, 100 million KRW is still a large amount nonetheless and even so it's the thought that counts.

but anyways, #prayforjapan everyone~ ^^

I don't know why they always bring almost every recent news relate to the disputant problem. Isn't Hara has her own income? I mean her solo activities. It is not make any sense to me. Whatever <_<

I think Hara also see the point so she decides to donate privately but it finally, surely be reveals. It hard to do things privately when you are famous - -"

Hara is a super kind girl. She has a beautiful sweetheart. Love her so much :crying:

wow!hara is indeed a golden-hearted honey!and i'm not surprised that she has that kind of money..

i know Hara have been saving from the start(she even bought an insurance for investment)..

now, what makes me wonder what monetary injustice HamColeJing has experienced that seems to me didn't happened with hara?

Hara babe~ $89,000 may not be as big as your co-celebrities' donations but i'm relly proud of you! i know what you did came from you're pretty tiny heart. thanks for making us this PROUD!

I checked about how much that was in dollars and i got to say that's a lot.

I'm very touched by hara's action, i feel that she has realized that anything

can happen and that in a second you could lose everything.If you have a lot of love and

money it's best to share and give to be able to live life plentifully and happy. :thumbup: