[Other] Hara's name origin

molly

I thought it was Japanes though "hara" means something....but we're talking about names here

Origin and Meaning of the Name Hara

Origin: Hebrew

Meaning: Princess

Origin: Sanskrit

Meaning: Seizer

Pronunciation:(ha RAW);(HA ra)

Form of: Sarah

So Hara's family Origin could be in China(of course she's in Asia) or Europe she looks like she is not pure Korean, it's like her family is mixed with Europeans or something (like her great great grandparents)...

Hara doesn't look pure Asian to me, When I first saw her, I thought she's half European cuz of her eyes....

on a talk show when KARA guested, there's a question whether Hara is an Alien or not.

Gu in Chinese:

Gu (also spelled "Ku" and "Koo") can refer to several different Chinese family names.

The most common, Gù (Traditional 顧, Simplified: 顾, meaning to care for).

Origin Displayed: English

Where did the English Koo family come from? What is the English Koo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Koo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Koo family history?

The name Koo is of Anglo-Saxon origin. It was name for a jackdaw. Checking further we found the name was derived from the Old English word coo. This was in turn derived from the Old Norse word ka, which was their word for jackdaw. Thus the original bearer of this name must have reminded his contemporaries of a jackdaw and was referred to as "Koo" as a nickname.

Koo Early Origins

In the Middle Ages, even the literate spelled their names differently as the English language incorporated elements of French, Latin, and other European languages. Many variations of the name Koo have been found, including Coe, Coes, Cowe, Kow, Cawe, Kowe, Coo, Ku, Koo and others.

The Great Migration

Families began migrating abroad in enormous numbers because of the political and religious discontent in England. Often faced with persecution and starvation in England, the possibilities of the New World attracted many English people. Although the ocean trips took many lives, those who did get to North America were instrumental in building the necessary groundwork for what would become powerful new nations. Among early immigrants of the Koo surname to cross the Atlantic and come to North America were: Robert Coe, who sailed from Ipswich to Watertown on the ship Francis in 1634; Matthew Coe, who emigrated from Bristol to Portsmouth in the year 1640; Alester Cowe, who arrived in Boston, Massachussets in 1652.

in England

Countries of Origin for the Koo last name

Distribution of the Koo surname in UK

1920 Distribution of the Koo surname in U.S.

source: some of the source...ern just search it

Edited by molly

This is an interesting subject about Hara. This should be a big issue (because for god sake it's her name) but I have not thought about it (not even once. Oh, what kind of fan I am :blushing: :blushing: ). I love to think Hara means princess 'coz that what I always feel about Hara and she is going to film as a president's daughter -> Coincidence :thumbup: :thumbup:

One thing I know that Goo Hara in Korean sounds like "save" (they said it a lot in variety shows).

And Thank you molly for your discovery :eyelove:

Interesting research there. For Korean names surname is not used. Gu is just her family name. For hundreds of years the name would kept on passing down. So that basicly means that Hara came from the Gu clan. The most common Korean family name is Park, Kim and Lee. Thats make Gu a very rare name. It would interesting to trace it back hundred of years.

I do remember that Hara names have been associated to "saving" something. She did saved the ricefield. I think Hara also mean "nose" in Korean. Hara does really look beautifully different.

Edited by Palaverist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow,a discovery,

and i think one of the contains inside the discovery may be true,

Korean mixed with European,

bcoz some of her angle looks like european,

and i remember the first time i watch "City Hunter",

i thought she is not a korean,and she is pretty~

:tongue:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...