KARA MV Individual Screentime Statistics [Updated June 13, 2011]

geop

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is very interesting

Hara, Nicole and Gyuri are naturally popular due to their apperances on various variety shows where as our maknae needs more exposure

When I first got expose to KARA, Nicole was the one that got me into them

Edited by Heleth

@GooBuberrHara: Ohhh. Nice. I agree with most of what you just said.

I think Nicole just lacks the "aegyo" part of being an idol. And yeah... Ham does know and have it all. Must be from her promoting KARA in the beginning.

@GooBuberrHara: Ohhh. Nice. I agree with most of what you just said.

I think Nicole just lacks the "aegyo" part of being an idol. And yeah... Ham does know and have it all. Must be from her promoting KARA in the beginning.

well it isn't an expert analysis or anything, it's really just my opinion of why things are the way they are. Nicole does lack "aegyo" but not everyone has it either, which I think adds to her "normal girl" charm. Nicole has a large female fan-base from what I have gathered so her lacking aegyo is fine; most people think it's just as cute when she tries. Also, you can take into consideration that I'm only talking about korean MV's here, the Japanese one's are a whole different ball game.

@Heleth: I actually don't think Gyuri is naturally popular. In fact, everyone BUT Gyuri(who is one of my biases) seems to be naturally popular. Despite the fact that Gyuri goes on ton's of variety shows, she was, if I recall correctly, the ONLY member of Kara not to receive 100% public recognition in a popularity poll, JiYoung might not have either, but either way, JiYoung still ranked higher than Gyuri which is why I think JiYoung also has lots of "naturally popular" potential which is why in my opinion I'm fine with jiyoung getting "shafted" because she is able to attract fans without the push. Gyuri even has the advantage over Jiyoung of being an original member and so having the opportunity to already have a large and stable fanbase and yet JiYoung is still more popular than her in both the Korean and Japanese fandoms. Sure Jiyoung could use more air-time but I'm positive she is fine without it.

In my view I'm glad that Hara(even though she is my eternal bias) doesn't get that much screen time. Gyuri needs it; they don't push her intentionally, it' just that the amount of lines she sings in songs automatically puts her high up on the list. The fan disparity, even talking about in Japan is way too large to ignore, again proving in a way that Gyuri is neither naturally popular or fandom popular. There are almost 10,000 members between JiYoung and Gyuri and almost 20,00 between she and Hara in Mixi. Hara may have strated out with the boost of looking like a famous jpop star, but she has since started to earn fans in her own right. It's sad for me as a huge Gyuri fan because I feel like she is respected as the "leader" of Kara and thats about it. They acknowledge her position as leader but would much rather be a fan of Seungyeon or Hara in Korea-Nicole, Seungyeon, Hara internationally, and Jiyoung, or Hara in Japan.

Anyways I should stop talking about this, but I really do have lot of opinions about the Dynamics of Kara and why they are successful and why things are the way they are. I guess it's because I'm a really big AKB48 fan and so the dynamics of screen time are important to me. screen time means lots of things...not just this person is popular or this person is the lead singer, but anyways...thanks for reading my long post yet again.

• 2 weeks later...

dang this is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing~

Also I've enjoyed reading GooBurberrHara's analysis on why the members have differing screen times. It made a lot of sense to me. :)

I'm glad that the screen time disparity isn't too bad~ :) (The SNSD stat makes me sad. Poor Hyo. :()

Edited by bubblie

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this! It's kinda interesting to see what impressions the MV gives vs what is actually recorded.

I'm surprised Hara had more time on the Korean "Jumping" and SY more time on the JP "Jumping" (maybe because of the intro?) I thought it would be the other way around, although I guess this is only mere seconds of a difference.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

whoaa interesting, you actually did this? hardcore kamilia yeaaah

hahaa xD its cool how nicole used to get the least screen time

but at KARA5 era she got the most screen time. i really thought it

was hara who gets the most screen time tho. thanks for doing this!

its actually a really fun thing to know about our kara <3

This is A for effort. Looking at the stats, they pretty much have an evenly distributed screentime across all MVs. Though Hara and Jiyoung got the least, there is only little deviation from the average time. But I hope Hara and Gyuri get even more screentime in the future since they're my biases.lol. :thumbup:

• 10 months later...

I agree with what you mention about SNSD, way back when I was a soshi, I felt rather sad knowing that Hyoyeon have so little time appearing on MVs. Thank you so much for compiling the datss ! I mean, who would thought of this? and this Requires a lot a lot of efforts ! Luckily Kara have a fair amount of appearance in the MV, everyone is fair :) . Kara JJiang !

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this is an excellent information! I was questioning it for a few days ago, because realizes that in the SNSD, the producers did not share scenes properly, then Jessica is usually in the main focus. This is annoying, because all should appear, and KARA only have 5 girls, they should also appear, is not it? But it does not work well, besides the MV's we see that the lines, not counting the chorus, realizes that Nicole, SeungYeon dominate the songs. This is annoying for the others, they do not sing and not appear so. And that includes Gyuri (because it is the leader), before seeing it, I thought she was the least that appeared in the clips.

thanks for the information and count the seconds, must have given a lot of work to do all this.