[2011.04.07] KARA clinches Oricon Chart #1 with Jet Coaster Love!

Caly

KARA clinches Oricon Chart #1 with Jet Coaster Love!

On 7th of April, Japan's Oricon charts reveals that KARA's 3rd single "Jet Coaster Love", that was being released on the 6th, have risen to the top with 28643 copies sold! On the 6th of april when the single was being released, KARA managed to clinch the second position on the chart with the sales of 47810 copies , losing out slightly to SDN48 with a difference of about 2000 copies of sales. However, it rises to the first position today, thereby proving once again KARA's stunning popularity in Japan. Domoto Tsuyoshi took the second position (22568 copies sold). SDN48, who topped the chart yesterday, falls to no.6 today.

KARA's first japanese album "Girls Talk" that was released on november(with a sales of 400,000 copies) last year had managed to top the daily charts for a significant number of times. At the same time, "KARA BEST CLIP", a compiliation of Music videos of KARA, had also topped the DVD weekly chart.

Adding to the fact that the Oricons authorities have already recognised that KARA will be the one who are going to top the Oricon chart, various Japanese and Korean related authorities are all anticipating the actual result of the upon the release of Jet Coaster Love. Due to the earthquake that had occurred in Japan, promotions for "Jet Coaster Love" had been cancelled and the fact that KARA's single has been postponed from March 14 to April 6, this current result has been pleasantly surprising. As for the song "Jet Coaster Love", it has been topping various music charts continuously for 2 weeks as revealed by the Japanese albums association.

Based on the sales of albums (singles included), KARA is the third korean representatives to achieve that, the first and second being BoA and TVXQ. To add on, KARA has created a whole new record for the new hallyu wave that has recently hitted Japan.

Translated by: Caly/dreamgal_91@karaholic. (TAKE OUT WITH CREDIT)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. thanks Caly! It is a nice read...

Yay finally.. the #1 on single daily.

Now we are all crossing fingers on the #1 on weekly Single.. the most coveted one in Japan..

forgot to add... this is especially great since all the proceeds are going to help the Tsunami Effort...!

Edited by tinaomina

Thanks for the translation Caly. :D With SDN48 having fallen so dramatically, I think Tsuyoshi Domoto is the biggest threat but Jet Coaster Love is well in the lead so far. Not even a year has passed by since their Japanese debut and KARA is on the cusp of topping the Oricon singles weekly. :gemcry:

thank u caly.

kara made another record there. i'm happy for them, although it's kinda bit ironic..

just hope it will be good sign for them. and prayed that the income will be a great help to japan people.

This article was very nice to read (pretty flattering LOL) Thanks for the translation Caly <3

I am very happy and proud that they did it again! now I'm crossing finger for it to top the weekly chart as well :D

A very refreshing article. Thanks for the translation Caly.

It shows, once again, the strength of the girls in Japan.

And it so happens that the proceeds of this song is for the tsunami victims. Just sweet, like our girls.

Now, with fingers tightly crossed, we wait day by day for those numbers to add up to NUMBER 1 WEEKLY. :lol2:

Edited by adlibruj

I knew our girls will make it to the top :) Grats to them! Once again am ,happy & proud of them :)

kamilias are always supporting our girls in every way ! kara & kamilia fighting!!

thanks for sharing!:)

thanks for the translation caly!

i've been waiting when they're going to get a #1 for singles, and now it's finally here!! :thumbup: even with minimal to no promotions, they still did very well! just shows how strong J-Kamilias can be :thumbup1:

now i;m hoping Kara will be able to secure the #1 weekly :rolleyes:

They haven't even started their JCL promotions yet and they still hit #1? That's awesome! Thanks for the update.

I can't wait to see them perform JCL live. I think Japanese Kamilias are already in love with the "penguin" dance :thumbup:.