[2011.04.13] Jiyoung's shirt was auctioned for over $ 10,000

hasomy

Jiyoung's shirt was auctioned for over $ 10,000

o0500087111163554759.jpg

The overwhelming popularity of KARA in Japan was clearly shown when a shirt which was worn by member Kang Jiyoung was auctioned on an online site has already reached 900,000 JYP ($ 10,700).

On April 8th, when an online shopping website of Yahoo! Japan started the auction of a Samsung's uniform shirt that was worn by Jiyoung, it immediately received lots of attention. Initial price was 1 JPY and kept increasing up many times. At 11:12pm on April 12th, a netizen with the nickname
mik*****
won the shirt with a bid of 900,000 JPY.

During the auction, the fans were having headache because the price of the shirt kept shoot up day by day. They have posted many proposals in Question section such as "Is it alright for me to pay the remaining amount after a portion was paid in advance?"; "I cannot pay the full amount at one time, can I pay monthly installment?"

The seller of this shirt emphasizes "This is a shirt that was used by Jiyoung, and it was also signed by all 5 members." This is the shirt that Jiyoung has worn during the repertoire before the match between K–League and Suwon . He also stressed that "Since then, we've never washed this shirt, not even once." Obviously this is not a normal shirt because Jiyoung had touched it.

source:

translate: Yoo & hasomy @ karaholic

take.out.with.full.credit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we got a new medical condition here named Karamania or "OCKD"(obsessive compulsive Kara disorder). :sweatdrop: A common sickness in many Kara fans. Ok.... If these fans got the cash to to do this go ahead. Otherwise it is better to seek professional help.

I wonder how Ji Young's shirt came out for sale? She did not keep it?

The seller of this shirt emphasizes "This is a shirt that was used by Jiyoung, and it was also signed by all 5 members." This is the shirt that Jiyoung has worn during the repertoire before the match between K

lol i was watching this auction on yahoo japan i tihnk it finished yesterday at the 900,000 yen price lol ! haha thanks for the trans yoo! lol poor j kamilia as much as i know how they feel about getting this i cant help but laugh for some reason i dunno why xD but i know how they feel wanting a signed kara thing lolz

This is insane! The amount of money is really big. It's an intense fight between J-Kamilias to get Jiyoung's shirt.

And they're really rich XD good for them. I wish I could have money like this hahahahaha

I don't think I'd spend this much on a t-shirt, even If I had this amount of money. But, I don't criticize who spend the money this way.

wooooooooooow jiyoung is really popular in japan well kara is for sure...i want the shirt 2 ..reading how japanese kamilias want the shirt so bad make me feel sorry for them ..thanks for translating Yoo & hasomy

Wahh! I totally understand the J fan wanting the shirt.........but that amount of money..... must be a very rich fan.

On the other hand, yes, I would also want one of the mister pants XD

:shocked: From now on Baby Jing can go ahead and introduce herself as 'Jiyoung, Japanese mega star.' $10,700 for a shirt (the greatest shirt to ever exist, but still...a shirt). I mean someone with that kind of money could just hire KARA to perform for him lol.

It's beautiful... yes it's too much money SERIOUSLY!!! I sometimes (sometimes? Ever!!!) envy those Japanese people which have money to spend in cool (and unnecesary, not bashing, I love Jing... but this is too much money I think I would do other stuff with it..., well let's remember that Japanese love collectibles) well it's a beautiful shirt and LoL some people already begun thinking, sweat well... I think Jing's Sweat Stench/Sweet Scent is gone already... *smells shirt*

Edited by KARAN

I'm so amused that Jing's sweat made the shirt even more precious besides the fact that it was signed by all the members. :lol: KARA has some really powerful and influential fans in Japan, so maybe one of them had enough money to bid such a price! It seems like Japan really can't get enough of the girls. :P