[2011.04.14] Kara beats Lady Gaga on iTunes MV Chart in Japan

benbenkr

qsz7Y.jpg

Kara sweeps iTunes Japan MV chart!

On the 13th of April 2011, the MV for "Ima Okuritai Arigatou (今,贈りたいありがとう)" was released and on the 16th of last month the MV for Kara's 3rd Japanese Single "Jet Coaster Love" was released.

Today on Japan's iTunes MV chart, both MVs of Ima Okuritai Arigatou and Jet Coaster Love claimed the top 2 spots on the chart being no.1 and no.2 respectively, beating Lady Gaga's MV for "Born This Way".

Kara and their MVs being such popular hits isn't surprising.

Jet Coaster Love was released on the 6th of April in Japan and since then has gone on to holding the top-spot of daily sales on the Oricon Charts for 6-days consecutively.

With 122,860 JCL albums sold, the album is also the best selling album of the week.

Despite the fact that promotions for the album could not have proceeded as planned due to the earthquake crisis in Japan, the love for Kara in Japan has remained relatively high.

Hara will be continuing her activities by starring in the upcoming SBS drama "City Hunter".

Source: Sports Chosun

Translated by benbenkr @ Karaholic

Please take out with full credit.

P/S

OMG!! My 929th post is for this amazing news and ironically, 929 is also my birthdate! :scared:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is this chart ranked? for 2011? if so, woah!

kara does receive a lot of love from japan. now is only april.

i hope when everything has settled, the girls can go back & repay the "debt".

This is really jjang! Japanese's love for KARA is even bigger than to Lady Gaga :thumbup:

Well, I personally like KARA more than Lady Gaga :P & I really love Ima, Okuritai Arigatou PV,

glad that it's on the top spot! Hope the sells will get higher & higher! <3

So sweet.

KARA beat Lady Gaga in Japan lol.

I was a fan of Gaga, but since Jan. 2010 is KARA, all the time, for me.

Now, waiting for everything to go back to "normal" with the girls.

Just a sign of the way of things to come! :thumbup1: