[2009.01.03] KARA: "Competition with Girls Generation? We're looking forward to it."

coffeebeanie

20090102190939100211nx3.jpg

KARA expressed their anticipation for the competition ahead with Girls Generation.

KARA, gave an interview after their performance on KBS2's Music Bank, and stated that "We heard that Girls Generation are having their comeback soon". "Because they are one of the best girl groups out there, we are excited for it", they said with bright smiles on their faces.

Han Seungyeon, Park Gyuri, Ku Hara, Jung Nicole and Kang Ji Young came back with their second mini-album last Decemeber and has been enjoying high popularity ever since.

With <Pretty Girl>, they are ranking well on music charts and also leading the girl group phenomena. It is hard not to see KARA on the list of the most popular on portal sites, as their names are one of the most searched for everyday.

KARA will have a whirlwind battle (?) with Girls Generation soon. Girls Generation will be releasing their 1st mini-album 'Gee' on the 7th and will have their comeback stage on the 9th. Fans of both groups are showing interest in the upcoming events as the two groups are similarly receiving much praises for their cuteness and also the love of their male fans.

KARA says " We think that there is so much interest in both groups because we are of the similar age, and also because both are girl idol groups." They added, "The music that the Girls Generation will bring, the performance that they will show the audience - we are also looking forward and anticipating it."

On a last note, KARA stated that "Girls Generation always brought good music and performance" and also that "Of course, we are also working very hard. Rather than thinking that 'we must win', we are keeping in mind that this kind of competition will bring out the best in KARA."

source: NEWSEN LINK thanks to mae :D

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

Edited by coffeebeanie

i hope all these rivalries articles wont pressurize the girls. lol.

they should just do whatever they feel is right and dsp should be more aware of when is the right time to add in some changes to always remain "fresh" and "new".

woots! Go go Kara & Snsd.

thanks Tin & Mae.

"Of course, we are also working very hard. Rather than thinking that 'we must win', we are keeping in mind that this kind of competition will bring out the best in KARA."

This is what I call a typical Kara answer. Lol.

I find that Kara always give mature answers.

I'm not sure about other girl groups though.

Since Kara is the only one I care enough about.

Thanks mae and coffeebeanie!

yep.. i agree. typical KARA answers.. very mature and it will bring out the best in them :D

i mean i think it's exciting for us, KARA fans and seems like for KARA too!!

i just hope also that they feel confident in themselves and are proud of what they stand for..

that they are where they are at right now for a reason b/c there is only 1 KARA :)

no other group is like them :D

we'll always support them no matter what :D

thanks tin!!

I am very excited to see both group active in a same time

if KARA continue to keep working hard everything will do well for them

no need to feel pressure or to worry about this come-back

because KARA will always be supported by their fans

Wow, they all seemed so confident and relax waiting for

SNSD's comeback. It's true SNSD has a lot of good songs

And performances but I think Kara can catch up too. They

Already are xD I love how they said "We Must Win", ooh,

I'll be waiting. Truthfully i am a little scared about SNSD's

Comeback and competition with them. Anyways, i think

Kara will do a duper super job and I'm looking forward to it.

I hope they're not pulling out their hair in stress or something. D:

but like, this is good. Competition totally brings out the best in people :lol:

and i love how they're not shying away just because SNSD had a successful debut.

((:

love love KARA (:

both of my fave group!!!

I actually wanna see them together in a special stage..

I'm pretty much excited about SNSD's comeback but still I will continue to support Kara too..

Kara and SNSD fighting~!

okay recently i heard some fans weren't very optimistic about KARA during this upcoming time lol

and i just want to say.. even if KARA had tons of awards.. they would still say the same thing they have said in the article lol. they will still stay humble and still be mature..we know our girls are competitive also but they also realize that they've come a very long difficult road and i believe it when they say that they aren't scared of what is coming and that they know what they have to offer :)..

we should stay confident..

KARA always comes back lol :)

KARA FIGHTING!! :(

That's really good to hear and i don't think they're feeling pressured if they have that kind of mind-set.

The only thing that worries me is the fans... sometimes this kind of competition will usually lead to "fan-war". It's inevitable though since there are always a bunch of bad apples in fans...

---Caroline

a random comment..

just heard the full version of GEE, (via youtube lol.), and its quite lovely.. the song sounds pure/innocent? i have to see the performance though to fully evaluate. i'm sure it'll be real cute..

but i was shocked/surprised to see some comments left, saying that "it sounds like a KARA song", or "it has a KARA feeling".. i never saw this day coming, people making KARA the benchmark, or the point of comparison. KARA surely made a long way, creating a distinct sound for themselves, that people can associate with them..

i think the comparison is inevitable, because e-tribe composed the song, and its been well known that he also did songs for hyori and KARA. but the thing is, some people think that the song is 'Pretty Girl'.. although in reality, he produced 'Yodelehee~'. I wanted to correct them, but, yeah, they're just too many misconceptions..

i hope KARA stays strong, and Kamilia too. i admit, i'm a teeny bit scared, but i have confidence in my 5 girls.

PS. sorry for the long rant. ^_^

but i was shocked/surprised to see some comments left, saying that "it sounds like a KARA song", or "it has a KARA feeling".. i never saw this day coming, people making KARA the benchmark, or the point of comparison. KARA surely made a long way, creating a distinct sound for themselves, that people can associate with them..

omg. i thought the exact thing with i heard their song.. very KARA-ish..

i was waiting for comparisons... just KARA's always had to take the brunt of aggressive "fans"

and yea it does mean that KARA has an established sound lol.. i can find something positive in that :( ..

i know e-tribe is hot right now.. but the two groups sing kpop . was it a good idea to use the same producers.. i mean they sound similar.. eh..