[2011.05.06] KARA's Gyuri to Give a Lecture on Celebrity Career

dlskam

0407_gyu17.jpg

On May 7th, KARA’s Gyuri will be giving an hour-long lecture at Seo Woon High School in Incheon.

The idol was invited to speak because of a survey which asked Seo Woon High School’s students to name their #1 career choice; overwhelmingly, they all replied that they hoped to become celebrities.

As a senior in the industry, Gyuri will be giving a lecture and answering any questions they may have before jumping into it.

DSP Media revealed that she’ll be putting her full experience out there in order to give the students realistic help, as well as pinpointing the positives and negatives of the career.

Gyuri commented, “I was first recommended for the lecture through my professor, and I rejected it because I didn’t think I was someone worthy to give a lecture on the topic. I decided to change my mind when I realized that I had my mother to ask for advice while I was contemplating the career, but that these students probably didn’t. It must be so daunting for them, so I changed my mind. I hope that I’ll be able to help them in some way.”

Source: SPN via Naver [AKP]

this is such a great idea. Gyuri has been in the entertainment industry since she was little and as the leader of KARA, a group that has been overcoming difficulties, she'd be a great person to give such a lecture. And well, Gyuri is also a very intellectual and well spoken person so I am sure it'd go very well. I wish fans manage to sneak cameras so that it'd be uploaded on youtube :)

heemmm very interesting :) with this opportunities people will know the pros and cons becoming a celebrities, a very good idea to bring Gyuri to make the lecture :lol: ...

hope they learn a lot of things from Gyuri lecturing -_- anyway Gyuri Fighting!!!

oh well.. 07.05.. DSP surely know how to get schedule for Gyuri
-_-

anyway, if its' about talking, i believe Gyuri will do well <3

but this actually is so new for me, haha, this's the first time i know one idol will come to have an
official
lecture with students xD (Hero Girls had too but it's a concept for the show so i don count)

in Gyuri i trust
:P

^

if to rank gyul in the same bracket as rain, i'll be beyond delighted.

being chosen by her professor to share what it takes to be a celebrity, i wonder what's gyul going to talk.

i'm eager to hear out the questions & her handling skills, the experience must be awesome for those attending too.

as for gyul, i'm sure she will have a great reception from everyone involved.

gyul, you're more than equipped. :)

What an unbelievably lucky group of kids, and they get her for a whole freaking hour! Comparing Gyuri to my professors... :frustrated: K-kamilias, I expect many fancams. Hide it in your caps, jackets, backpacks, whatever. I want to know what she talks about. Excellent choice of picture by the way dlskam. Much better than the one AKP used.

Edited by gyuriFTW

What an awesome opportunity! We know that Gyuri is very intelligent and knowlwdgeable so I'm happy that she can share her experience and to share that knowledge with others and give them the real pros and cons! I'm so proud of Gyuri that she was asked to do this and was recommended by her Professor which shows what a high opinion they must have of her.

I love the picture choice dlskam :D

I do think it's quite shocking that they ALL want to become celebrities.

Edited by Optimist

so jealous with those kids.... :(

anyway, gyul is the perfect person to give the talk to the student...

she's smart, witty and experienced.

those kids are sure lucky!!

arghhh~ i really want to see gyul giving her lecture!!

hope someone will share and upload it later..

gyul... i'm so proud of u~~~ :wub:

why did from all day, she should have it on that day???

sigh...

anyway, it's a good news though. gyul is someone who good with words, and i know she will do well with it.

this is a new thing too..and i hope this will open the eyes of those young people.

Lucky high schoolers! I'm sure Gyuri will give a great lecture since she's a confident and eloquent speaker, and she's also more open to speaking her mind. :thumbup: It's really nice of her to be willing to share her experiences. I have a feeling that some of the students might have trouble concentrating with a goddess in front of them though hahaha :tongue:

Now, the main thing is for the students to film the whole hour of Gyuri's talk and posted it on the Tube. That's one lecture I don't want to miss. I just want to see her talking about her experience, That'll be dynamite.

wow! that's great! Leader Gyuri does have experience on the entertaining field and i thin she might be of great help for the people who is intrested in that field! well well i hope someone can upload gyuri's lecture so we can see just how helpfull our lovely leader is! lol

Gyuri Unnie FIGHTING!

Thanks dslkam! It is great picture. :)

The book she is holding "The Excel Phenomenon". Gyuri had excelled in her own way. These students are lucky to have someone giving them lecture about the entertainment industry. Gyuri is the right person for this lecture she had seen both sides of the entertainment industry. She had went through the first person experience of it. I would only be proud of her for getting the strength to went through it.

These students should consider their choices wisely. Being a celebrity is not only a job but it is a lifestyle. Some of your privacy and things that are once normal is given away. There is also an image that got to be maintain and otheres view of you. Even if this is someone passion, there are times that you may be down. It is a mountain where someone would have to cross. The students need as much advice and preparation as they could. If all these are highlighted the students would have to think deeply and only a handful may stay.

My best of luck for the students, it is a daunting carreer decision. :)

i'm just really proud that Gyul was able to impart some of knowledge and experience to these students..

i know it might be very hard to focus listening to a one hell of a woman but i do hope they learned something from Gyul and use that for their future successes!

thanks dslkam!

Guest Tayasha

She'd be a great person to give such a lecture.

I think Gyuri is a very intellectual and she'd be a cool teacher :blushing:

Thanks for sharing and translating this news :thumbup: