[2011.05.25] Gyuri Shares Sad Story on Strong Heart

dlskam

tumblr_ll8miziqe71qbr5ymo1_500.jpg

Image credit: heartgyuri

KARA’s charismatic leader, Gyuri, recently shed tears while talking about memories of her grandma.

She appeared on May 24th’s broadcast of SBS’s “Strong Heart” and shared her story about how she couldn’t be at her grandmother’s side when she passed away.

The idol stated, “When I was little, my grandma was very scary. I found out later that she was like that because she was worried about her granddaughter that debuted at an early age. She loved seeing me on TV, but in 2010, right before our Japanese debut, she was hospitalized. I only talked to her on the phone and asked how she was doing, and she was just worrying about me and said that she was fine. I couldn’t even see her because of our Japanese debut preparations.”

She added, “Even after completing our showcase, we were still busy in Korea. I found out later that my grandma passed away on the day of our showcase. My parents purposely didn’t tell me. They didn’t tell me because they thought I would be affected and wouldn’t perform well and ruin our Japanese debut.”

Gyuri shed tears while saying, “I feel so much guilt for not having gone to see her, and I would’ve been so much comfortable if I went and saw her before we went to Japan. I was very pained when I thought about how much she missed me. I don’t really talk about myself and I didn’t even talk about this anywhere else.”

Group mate Hara said, “I know about this now but I didn’t know about it at the time. I found out about it much later.”

Source: Newsen via Nate (AKP)

thanks for sharing!

that's very sad to hear! :(

when i was watching, i knew they were talking about her grandmother, but didnt know what they were saying. what really got me was her message to her grandmother at the end. :crying:

as for her parents not telling her, i think most parents dont want their kids to feel worried.

Tat was why she cried so hard at the end ...i knew she was talking about her halmonee thou ..poor her..

Hope she's fine now...she dun really talks bout her sadness oftenly..im quite relieve to see her opens up whats in her heart through this...At least she dun bottles it up ..

Park gyuri HWaiting!

forget about the dispute, this is the kind of sharings that i'm looking forward to. be it gyul, ham, cole, hara or jing, it introduces more in-depth information with the idols i chose to support in the first place.

thanks.

hug hug gyul, i believe she heard you..

That's just terrible, not being able to see her grandma one last time before she passed away. I can't even imagine how guilty Gyuri must feel, but I have no doubt her grandma was proud of her granddaughter. I'm glad Gyuri got the chance to let it all out because even though the pain never really goes away, being able to get the feelings off her chest will help her heal. Stay strong, Gyuri fighting!

oh! our goddess had been trough so much hardships recently! just keep fighting Gyuri-omma! adn trust in your memebers cuz eventhough they are young they can cheer you up! at least Cole and Jing would! as for Hara and Hammie i think they are best at giving advise than our hyperactive maknaes! lol

GYURI FIGHTING!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...