[2011.06.29] Japanese 4th Single [Go Go Summer]

red4summer

Yeah I argee that I love how UMJ promoted KARA. They are saying that they not afraid of a little competition, and they have confident that KARA would do great. I think that with them release with some big name and if they get on the top 5, it just tell everyone that KARA is already established group .And that the japanese industry already love KARA. Like everything that KARA release, there was also some big name. Mister was one that had the most competition(AKB48, perfume). But yet KARA still succeed are the chart. This is going to be the same thing, KARA has competition, but I think it would be better if KARA had competition on the chart. Then the girls release the single on a dead week. Cause it would be more meanful in what position they get on the charts. I hoping that the girls get number 2, of course I want them to get number 1. But they are face hey say jump here, and they always have a number 1 hit. So I would be satisfed with them get number 2. Since they always broke the record of first korean girl group to hit number 1. Maybe let them be the first korean girl group to hit 100K first day, that would be awesome. Since everything that KARA release has broke record. I hoping for good thing to happen with this single.

I agree, it is always more meaningful to succeed with competition then to succeed alone. I think that not only will promoting along with these artist gain Kara respect, it will gain them some new fans who might start to think of Kara as more than just a kpop group performing jpop but as a true jpop group. Kara are trying really hard and the path to success can be a slow and painful climb, but they are making their way with a steady pace and hopefully this single can yield some favorable results.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listened to the song and it is really a nice and summer song lol.

It sounds totally Jpop as I expected and hearing it makes me want to see the PV

What I love the most in this song is the guitar which gives a rock vibre

Definitely their most jpop song yet.

I had worries about how a song with the title GO GO Summer would sound.

For me, a person who's been a long time jpop and jrock music fan long before I've ever listened to a kpop song, I seriously like this song, and sick guitar rifts in a KARA song is a dream come true.

I can honestly say I like GO GO Summer more than JCL, and I loved JCL.

GO GO Summer has an old school jpop feel to it and needs to be put in a anime, the techno and guitar rifts remind me a lot of what i used to love in old jpop.

Can't wait for the mv and a HD version of the song.

Perfect summer song~ :)

I love how they release at the same time as other big name artists. Otherwise Karafume would not exist! LOL. In all seriousness though, KARA has been doing really well in Japan and I think part of it can be attributed to the fact that they are not afraid of competition.

I cannot wait until they promote GO GO Summer!! :D

Agreed. I truly appreciate UMJ's style of promoting Kara as a legitimate J-Pop girl group, rather than as a "foreign" group breaking in to the Japanese market. I hope this single will break more records.

I just have to add little bit of venting greed about the current event of another girl group overshadowing Kara's current success in Japan. Though I congratulate that group for their incredible success, I feel a bit jealous for the success for our girls. Though Kara has broken many records and were the first of many of those records, I'm not at ease with the fact that this other group could so easily take it away. So I do hope that the girls will shatter more records and beat out this other group to claim the number one spot in Japan, as the number one best-selling Korean female group in history. There's my vent, quite selfish and greedy but for all the hard work that the girls put in, they deserve it! Awaiting to see some amazing and shattering successful results!

congrats to the jaw-dropping sales but where do those come from?

according to some, be optimistic because fans are not lost.

agree but is there any gain? what does one think where the neutral will go during uncertainty?

play second fiddle again? only time will tell..

Does anyone know if the DVD will be able to work on US DVD players. I want to get version C or A because B is my least favorite cover BUT(and this is a BIG but) it has the photo-book.

--nevermind I'll just get all three versions anyways. :thumbup:

Nope, it doesn't work on US DVD players because of the region, unless your DVD player is

region free.

Just download VLC media player and it can play any DVD from any region, you can download it for free.

Does anyone know if the DVD will be able to work on US DVD players. I want to get version C or A because B is my least favorite cover BUT(and this is a BIG but) it has the photo-book.

--nevermind I'll just get all three versions anyways. :thumbup:

previous dvds worked on my ps3.

@UnknownIdiot:

Don't worry too much about the sales. So long as KARA is still selling well, it shouldn't matter to us. We don't have to be #1...... And don't forget - whatever benefits SNSD will most likely benefit KARA as well. Plus JCL didn't sell as well as KARA could because of 2 reasons:

1) Japan earthquake/tsunami disaster

2) Hardly any promotions

But this time it's different. The dispute has been resolved. DSP/UMJ has confirmed that our girls will be promoting. It's only 2 weeks, but 2 weeks worth of promotions can also make all the difference. And with SNSD's jaw-dropping sales, it is a sign that Japan is slowly - but definitely - getting back on its feet, although things still don't look too good for the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant (someone please correct me if im wrong - I have very limited knowledge of current affairs :X).

So whatever it is, Go Go Summer is bound to sell really well. And don't underestimate J-Kamilias - they're really aggressive. So let's just wait for the single to be released, and we'll see. In the meantime, make sure that you buy it!! As Kamilias we need to support KARA in every way possible :)

P.S. this is only my opinion :P

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

@UnknownIdiot:

Don't worry too much about the sales. So long as KARA is still selling well, it shouldn't matter to us. We don't have to be #1...... And don't forget - whatever benefits SNSD will most likely benefit KARA as well. Plus JCL didn't sell as well as KARA could because of 2 reasons:

1) Japan earthquake/tsunami disaster

2) Hardly any promotions

But this time it's different. The dispute has been resolved. DSP/UMJ has confirmed that our girls will be promoting. It's only 2 weeks, but 2 weeks worth of promotions can also make all the difference. And with SNSD's jaw-dropping sales, it is a sign that Japan is slowly - but definitely - getting back on its feet, although things still don't look too good for the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant (someone please correct me if im wrong - I have very limited knowledge of current affairs :X).

So whatever it is, Go Go Summer is bound to sell really well. And don't underestimate J-Kamilias - they're really aggressive. So let's just wait for the single to be released, and we'll see. In the meantime, make sure that you buy it!! As Kamilias we need to support KARA in every way possible :)

P.S. this is only my opinion :P

Agree, also @ UnknownIdiot:

I too was a bit disappointed but at the same time, I know that there were many factor that went into it that aren't necessarily complete fair play as well. Packaging for one, was the huge thing for me, as someone who visits japan frequently and as an avid anime and manga lover packaging can persuade lots of people to buy highly priced items (speaking from burnt wallet past exp. :sweatdrop: ) and overall there were lots of incentives to buy that groups album that kara's album didn't have,(packaging and DVD's and such which are important to people who like to collect things because they like for things to look nice and in japan people also like to collect the packaging) but thats ok, kara did well even without incentives....also we don't want this to become a which fan-club can out bulk-buy the other, because I know for a fact that alot of korean and international bulk buying went on. but even still, that doesn't matter, all we can hope for it that the japanese people in their time of stress and need still find it in their hearts to support kara as best as they can. we can help too. so buy the single and support kara, success isn't a competition, second place isn't always so bad....the only other place to go is first and im sure we will get there, it's just a matter a time. It's like that old saying....the bigger you are the harder you fall, and the quicker you go up, the faster you come down. I don't want kara falling at lighting pace, so i don't mind if the rise is slow and steady.

Edited by GooBurberrHara

gotta buy the all. GOTTA BUY THEM ALL KARAMON! wait... did I just make that up... no, no it was pokemon (thought I had something catchy). Still I don't make money so I can not buy all these versions lol

Does anyone mind posting all the artists who are releasing in the same week?

I remember someone mentioning Hey! Say! Jump and an AKB48 subunit. Does anyone have the exact list?

Thank you!

I'm curious as to who KARA is going to face sales wise, but I also want to see some potential interaction on Music Station if KARA promotes at the same time as the other artists. LOL. :P

Does anyone mind posting all the artists who are releasing in the same week?

I remember someone mentioning Hey! Say! Jump and an AKB48 subunit. Does anyone have the exact list?

Thank you!

I'm curious as to who KARA is going to face sales wise, but I also want to see some potential interaction on Music Station if KARA promotes at the same time as the other artists. LOL. :P

Kara's biggest competition for 6/29 is Hey! Say! JUMP. their new single should at-least sell 150k and possibly up to 180k.

Akb48 sub-unit no3b,whose last single sold 81k but with Akb48's ever growing sells, they should sell around 90k-100k.

Legendary J-rock band L'Arc ~ en ~ Ciel is also releasing a single and their singles usually sell around 100k-110k.

I definitely think Kara can easily get 2nd place, getting 1st is going to be hard against Hey! Say! JUMP, but depending on how well UMJ promotes this single and how well received this single is, I think Kara still has a fighting chance.

Kara has tough competition. no3b increases in sales every time they release something and of course Hey!Say!JUMP! is gonna be some pretty tough competition and will probably get number one. Kara does stand of fighting chance of pushing no3b out of the number 2 spot but it will surely be a challenge because they have got some some really big akb members in no3b. With this single, because of the competition I'm less concerned about ranking and more concerned about quantity of units sold. As long as they sale more than the last single I will be satisfied which means that as long as they sale more than JCL I'm good. Good Luck Kara!!!

^

Yup I agree with you I'm more concern of units sold rather than placement on chart. With that said I can't help bemoan the fact that our girls releases always coincide with top selling artists . Getting #1 is quite improbable at this time but #2 is doable , whatever placement they may get it comforts me to know that our girls releases has longevity. I just pray and hope that Go Go Summer will outsell JCL first day/ week that way I can see progress. Slowly but steadily. KARA gambatte!!!