[2011.06.29] Japanese 4th Single [Go Go Summer]

red4summer

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really bad at predictions, but I'll try my best. :)

First day: ~60K

First week: 155K

I'm really excited for the release of this single~ I wish KARA the best of luck with all their Japan promotions. :D

I take JCL as comparison to this release. JCL first week sale was 122, 820 but with no promotion and natural conflict in Japan in that time. But with this GGS, I think this is the first time that Kara promoted the song before the release date. So I might guess the first week release will be really huge, exceeding the 200K mark.

My prediction: 90K first day, 205K first week.

If GGS follows the trend for KARA's other releases the first day will account for relatively less of the weekly total because KARA typically don't have high preorders but strong staying power.

1st day - 62,900

1st week - 154,321

Edited by gyuriFTW

@GyuriFTW actually pre-orders only count as the weekend boost according to what I have read, since the pre-orders are only shipped out at the end of the week and these numbers can only be passed on to Oricon then. To my knowledge KARA never had high weekend boosts.

My prediction

1st Day = 150K

1st Week = 400K

:devil:

@grainy Actually preorders are counted on the first day.

I don't where you heard preorders aren't shipped until the weekend, but it's totally not true. If you preorder from hmv or cdjapan they usually ship it out a day or two before release. The cds are shipped to the stores several days before release. For instance, the tuesday after the earthquake, the stores already had the releases for that week in stock, so they went on sale on time while all other releases got pushed back.

The weekend sales boost are usually caused by music shows as most air friday thru monday.

Edited by notsoangelic

If GGS follows the trend for KARA's other releases the first day will account for relatively less of the weekly total because KARA typically don't have high preorders but strong staying power.

1st day - 62,900

1st week - 154,321

OMG!! love how specific that is!!! it will be gunny if you are exactly right :thumbup1:

Pre-orders are counted on the first day like notsoangelic said, but they don't make up a large percentage from sales, only around 15%-20% at most.

The weekly add-ons come from the few stores that only give oricon their sales numbers on a weekly basis, but most stores give oricon their sales numbers daily.

Update on Kara's rumored Japan schedule

24th Megami 15:50~  http://www.ntv.co.jp/megami/

24th Music Station 20:00~ 

25th Japan Countdown TV (CDTV) 00:20~

25th LG handshake CJK Meeting/GO GO Summer handshake event

26th Music Japan 18:10~

26th Music Lovers 23:30~

28th Fuji TV 05:25 ~ 08:00

30th "Sakigake! Eight music ranking list" 01:40~

7/2 TBS CDTV 24:58 ~ 25:43~

7/3 HEY! HEY! HEY! 20:00~

7/3 Music Lovers  23:30~

7/4 shabekuri 007 21:00~

7/10 HEY! HEY! HEY! 20:00~

7/11 NTV refreshing! 8:00 to 9:30

7/13 Tokyo KBS Music Bank

http://blog.livedoor.jp/tsuru_sy/archives/1502026.html

@grainy Actually preorders are counted on the first day.

I don't where you heard preorders aren't shipped until the weekend, but it's totally not true. If you preorder from hmv or cdjapan they usually ship it out a day or two before release. The cds are shipped to the stores several days before release. For instance, the tuesday after the earthquake, the stores already had the releases for that week in stock, so they went on sale on time while all other releases got pushed back.

The weekend sales boost are usually caused by music shows as most air friday thru monday.

Depends on when you preordered I guess. But preorders are usually shipped on the weekend, so if you order early then yours get shipped on the weekend (also depends where you ordered it from) before the release and those are probably counted on the 1st day.

If you ordered late (close to release date), then yours get shipped on the weekend of the release and those count towards the weekend boost.The weekend boost are the additional numbers that appear after you sum up all 6 days of sales for the 1st week, so it has really nothing to do with the music shows, but that some preorders only get shipped out on the weekend of the release and thus the numbers can only be sent to Oricon then.

Also stores will always have the items on the shelf on Tuesday instead of Wednesday which is the normal official release day.

Mostly the online preorders we see come from international buyers while native Japanese either preorder with the physical stores or just go out and buy the single/album when it's released. What I would say is that preorders coming from international buyers don't make up that much of KARA's Japanese sales, and coupled with KARA's high sales, this shows that they are indeed popular amongst the Japanese masses.

Edited by grainy

Update on Kara's rumored Japan schedule

24th Megami 15:50~  http://www.ntv.co.jp/megami/

24th Music Station 20:00~ 

25th Japan Countdown TV (CDTV) 00:20~

25th LG handshake CJK Meeting/GO GO Summer handshake event

26th Music Japan 18:10~

26th Music Lovers 23:30~

30th "Sakigake! Eight music ranking list" 01:40~

7/3 HEY! HEY! HEY! 20:00~

7/3 Music Lovers  23:30~

7/4 shabekuri 007 21:00~

7/10 HEY! HEY! HEY! 20:00~

7/13 Tokyo KBS Music Bank

http://blog.livedoor.jp/tsuru_sy/archives/1502026.html

oh dang, they're super busy!

I also see that they're going to be on shabekuri 007 again! Haha, I can't wait to see kara and the misters being silly again =) I wonder if their hey!hey!hey! Interview will be longer? or play a short game? That would be really fun =)

I'm still waiting for the day when kara can guest on one of the arashi shows or guest on exile show again haha. =)

go! go! summer! I'll be sure to download all the shows mwahhaha =)

I'm happy I learned japanese in school.

I hope kara does well on go go summer sales! #1 weekly pleaaase =).

do you guys know who kara will be competing against? >,<

I'm curious.

^ From atl2006:

Kara's biggest competition for 6/29 is Hey! Say! JUMP. their new single should at-least sell 150k and possibly up to 180k.

Akb48 sub-unit no3b,whose last single sold 81k but with Akb48's ever growing sells, they should sell around 90k-100k.

Legendary J-rock band L'Arc ~ en ~ Ciel is also releasing a single and their singles usually sell around 100k-110k.

Prediction Game - GO GO SUMMER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

atl2006 - first day 80k and first week 180k

KaraHolicHanSeungyeon - first day 66k and first week 170k

trepassserz - first day 75k and first week 200k

Xperia - first day 100k and first week 200k

KaraNice - first day 80k and first week 200k

haniey - first day 75k and first week 160k

gel♥pgy - first day 95k and first week 190k

hype8750 - first day 75k and first week 185k

MizuiroKaze13 - first day 85k and first week 200k

chinam00n02 - first day 100k and first week 200k

kimngocnguyen06 - first day 80k-90k and first week 200k

☆cherrims - first day 70k and first week 150k

Solin - first day 70k and first week 160k

soju - first day 70k and first week 150k

GooBurberrHara - first day 92k and first week 220k

neris - first day 80k-90k and first week 170k-180k

adlibruj - first day 55k and first week 175k

eseul - first day 70k and first week 150k

KARAN - first day 151k and first week 300k

notsoangelic - first day 70k and first week 160k

bubblie - first day 60k and first week 155k

Jon7 - first day 70k and first week 160k

☆Iam7248☆ - first day 120k and first week 220k

radenoactive - first day 90k and first week 226k

gyuriFTW - first day 62,900 and first week 154,321

kyeongie - first day 80k and first week 200k

grainy - first day 150k and first week 400k

popfu - first day 65k and first week 190k

monkiesxrule - first day 60k-70k and first week 150k-160k

KARAddicted.01 - first day 70k and first week 185k

mx- - first day 70k and first week 160k-180k

nhung_gemini - first day 100k and first week 200k.

JusminKahli - first day 100k-150k and first week 250k-300k

Beatriz - first day 60k and first week 150k

m141.gif07.gif

Seeing other people's predictions makes me feel like my prediction is quite low. Maybe I should have more faith in Kara. :P Hehe. I do wish I was wrong in a good way. :rolleyes: Fighting Kara and Kamilia! Can't wait until tomorrow. B) Their performance on Music Station will be aired tomorrow right? :confused1: