[2011.06.29] Japanese 4th Single [Go Go Summer]

red4summer

well we just have to wait and see. Beside I think with hey say jump scandal it could hurt the boys, but knowing johnny enternament they be on top of thing. And with HARA date junhyung, I don't think it would hurt, maybe it would make the sells rise. I think it because japanese fans are not like koreans fans, they are not to possions over thing like that. I think they would be happy for them.So we see what happen, but I still think with hey say jump scandal, the boys would still be able to sells well. Don't hey say jump sell like 100K in one day. So with this scandal they may sell less than or it would be close to 100K, if KARA can manage to sells 100K one day, I think they would say that they would beat hey say jump. But we just have to wait and see, and plus the girls perform the song are music show, so people always know about KARA new song.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they already have this at my local Uwajimaya super market and Kinokuniya book store.

HAHA. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. HEHE. And if anyone lives around the Seattle area...I'll tell them if they want to know too~

Guys Let's not worry so much about Go Go Summer sales being hurt because of Hara and the Beast guy dating. I think we'd all agree it's better that Hara is being allowed to date freely and openly rather than hiding her relationship for the sake of a few thousand extra CDs. If people opt not to buy GGS simply because of Hara dating, then they really weren't true Kamilia to begin with so it's no big loss.

Guys Let's not worry so much about Go Go Summer sales being hurt because of Hara and the Beast guy dating. I think we'd all agree it's better that Hara is being allowed to date freely and openly rather than hiding her relationship for the sake of a few thousand extra CDs. If people opt not to buy GGS simply because of Hara dating, then they really weren't true Kamilia to begin with so it's no big loss.

I am not worry about that because I have faith in Kamilia and think that we are all mature enough to accept her relation and support her happiness.

Right now I feel so anxious and excited...can't wait to see Oricon results

Only 45,590 copies ? I am pretty disapointed because I really wanted them to surpass JCL first day sales !

Moreover this time they got more promotion than during JCL...well let's see the final resul at the end of the week

Only 45,590 copies ? I am pretty disapointed because I really wanted them to surpass JCL first day sales !

Moreover this time they got more promotion than during JCL...well let's see the final resul at the end of the week

I know but kara has tought competition and also scandal.. but it's still good cause this is only single and they sell in this number is ok... the scandal shouldn't come out before release day... - -'' they still number 2 I hope tomorrow will better

Considering that JCL was during crisis moment, maybe japanese want to support them more by buying two copies instead of one :tongue:

Also we can take in factor that all profit was going to help the earthquake victims as well.

I think Kara will easily secure #2 for the weekly. Hey Say Jump is just another level. hard to catchup

I'm in a little disappointed, because I was think it was going to be a little higher than JCL. I guess we can think that for the first week the girls may break around 100K. Most people predicated was a little higher than what actually happen. We had faith that the girls would able to do it, but 45K, a little disappointed. They even promoted this song to, and yet got almost the same amount as JCL without promotion. Well let see for the next couple of days, maybe sells would rise. Since I think KARA variety show appearance would add, it may risen.

i guess it's time to rethink of KARA's next single.. fans like songs like Mister.. they should head that way instead

i think people are already bored of jpopish songs of KARA, they want more kpopish taste imo

but they still to seel more than MR. Taxi in first day(snsd) I don't think they will rethink but the scandal of Junra maybe effect the sell

well to be honest, i think JCL only sold abit more than GGS is because all the profits were going to japan charity due to the natural disaster.

i'm not saying that GGS > JCL or JCL > GGS but both are still good, although giving the situation currently (i honestly doubt the scandal effected anything either) but maybe just a bad day or some sort.

neverthless still happy for KARA being 2nd :)

and yeah HSJ are bigger in japan but KARA's fanbase will grow in japan pretty quick so, we'll see the sales in the next few days

Edited by Lite

I officially have VERSION B!!!!!!!!!!

Yes...I'm excited. I have yet to open it.

Oh and if anyone is living by the Seattle area: Come to Chinatown's Uwajimaya and go into the Kinokuniya book store...cause they have it :]

Edited by key-mon

fsy78.jpg

45k for the first day. Heh looks like most of us were overzealous with the predictions. :sweatdrop: Ah well let's keep things in perspective though IIRC 45k in the first day is still more than any Korean group besides TVXQ (SNSD??) has ever gotten and only 2k less than JCL. Considering the turnout and enthusiasm for KARA events I believe KARA is still as popular as ever, just that the Japanese public didn't like GGS as much as JCL. Weekly total should be just a tad over 100k. Hopefully GGS will maintain enough momentum to take #2 on the weekly and maybe even get a #1 on one of the daily charts near the end of the week.

hey! say! jump! number one with 113554 sales

and then kara's go go summer! 45590 sales

but then, gogo summer! already had digital singles being sold earlier right?

if it IS because of the beast scandal...... I'm kind of disappointed o.O

but, i highly doubt that is the case.

OR it will be another 40k sale tomorrow and the day after..... and the day after..

lol...... :x

maybe i'm being too hopeful

Very disappointing that they've sold less well on their first day compared to JCL especailly with so much promotion.

The lower sales may well be due to Hara's dating scandal as Japanese fans do not like their idols dating and the fact that Hara is by far the most popular member of KARA in Japan makes it worse. In Japan female idols are supposed to be as "pure" as possible and Hara dating will turn off quite a few of the male fans unfortunately.

so it was true.... I hoped 'til the very end that it wasn't..

My prediction was high, but in the end I just wanted Go Go Summer to surpass JCL..

this song fits JPOP, our girls promoted it a LOT, (even 2 appearances on MuSta, 2 on Music Japan ecc ecc..)

then why ?

1. Go Go Summer is too Jpop and Japan wants Kara to release more Kpop-ish songs ?

2. Go Go Summer wasn't as well-received as Jet Coaster Love ?

3. One of the reason why Jet Coaster Love did better was because of the fact that all the profits were going to charity ?

4. Hara dating news ? Fans wanted her to be single/to keep a "clean/pure" image ?

I don't know.. Maybe it's not as bad as I think.. Maybe it was just US, who expected too much..

and.... they did well after all, especially compared to other Kpop groups..

Beside sales are NOT the most important thing..

Ok, I will stop whining.. sorry to all.. :crying::unsure:

I'm happy they are back with a new single, I'm happy they are promoting it.. I'm happy they are performing it.. XD

Kara fighting ! Kamilia fighting ! Go Go Summer fighting ! :thumbup::lol:

Edited by KARAddicted.01

BOOOO!!!! Im so upset about this.. it's the fact that Kara was soooo close to HSJ in projected interest and yet the album sales are soo far apart...that is what bugs me most. BOOOOO :angry: hopefully sales pick up tmrw or something..maybe people just couldnt get out to the stores today :sweatdrop: you know..rush hour traffic and whatnot.

due to whatever reason(s) but with all the high hopes, the first day sales is disapppointing. it serves as a reminder that we shouldn't take things for granted. we have our highs and hopefully this is just a little self-check (kara & kamilia) while continuing the way up. anyway guys, the numbers are still considered high (though not in our preferred range). i just hope the weekly numbers are not far away from jcl. :)