[2011.06.29] Japanese 4th Single [Go Go Summer]

red4summer

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"a day before ggs release, the scandal broke up?"

why? have this ever come across your mind?

in this world, especially in entertainment/business when everything is at stake, nothing can be assumed as normal.

it impacted both dsp & kara directly.

You make me really think but at any cost, we will never know what is going on behind the curtain so..

And yay!!! GGS broke 100000 units in their first week!! One more thing to put the stop for all my worry for KARA

well you know, don't be down. Kara is leading in digital downloads =D they're still number 1! =)

レコチョクランキング ダウンロード(シングル) = number 1

レコチョク「着うた®」ランキング = number 1

レコチョクビデオクリップランキング = number 2

レコチョク着信ムービーランキング = number 1

レコチョク着信メロディランキング = number 1

レコチョク メロディコール/待ちうたTOP100 = number 1

*edit*

capturefm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

they moved back up to 2~ =) mwahhaaa

although we REEALLY love kara. Let's not forget or look down on other huge jpop groups =). although Heysayjump has had member changes, they've been a group since 2007!~ it's been 4 years since heysayjump has been going around in japan.

kara has been in japan for about just one year (half that time, kara was having troubles with internal affairs and contract issues). Let's see where kara is in 4 years =). I see mighty loads of new singles and albums in japan! with awards too! hohoho

Edited by eseul

^

yup, you're right!! kara is starting anew especially after the incident..therefore, let's be proud of what they have achieved because there are more to come =). Success comes with years of hard work and doesn't just fall down from the sky :)

let's continue supporting them and not be affected by the numbers..at the end of the day, we are supporting the girls because of what they are and not because of how much they sold

besides, this round of promotion has given me lots of kara stuffs and videos to spazz about which is great especially after the months of silence ..so i'm truly happy for that XD

that true, given time I think the girls would do so well in japan. They would have so many hit and single. They would probably not only get a gold certification but a platinum. Remember other kpop artist took a while to established themselves in japan. KARA been in japan for about maybe a year, and they accomplished so much, more than we expected. And given time, the girls would just go up from here. Dbsk took like 2 years to like get their number 1, KARA accomplished that always. It took dbsk a long time to be able to sell 200K in one week, and get platinum in one week. Given time like dbsk did, KARA would defintely be able to do that. KARA can already manage to sell 100K in one week in anything that they put out, where can you go but up.

I don't think our expectations were very high, tbh. With Ninki's numbers and some mathematical calculation, for all you know GGS could have sold over 200k within the 1st week. And personally... the most probable reason why sales dropped is due to the JunRa scandal. Casual fans are KARA's strongest point in Japan so it wouldn't be surprising if they were easily disappointed. And I don't think the Japanese didn't like GGS - Ninki's numbers show how much the fans were anticipating for its release.

Anyways, I think it's a great opportunity for some Kamilias to get off the high horse. Some of them have become arrogant and are trolling on other groups. So this is a wake up call to all of us.

But don't worry guys. We can still hit 100k. A good weekly boost is all we need :)

I agree!!! GGS SHOULD have sold much better, and even though I am still proud of the girls for hitting over 100K in the first week, the fact is that GGS should have done much better is what is disappointing me !!!! to be so close to H!S!J! in the Nikki interest but to fall so low under them in actual singles sold tells me that something happened between the nikki interest predictions and the release of the single. For me ranking wasn't important, it was about the progress, japan was obviously into GGS, as seen by the Nikki like you said but obviously casual fans were turned away, I'm not sure exactly what it was that turned the fans away, but I do think it has a little to do with JunRa, Hara is the most popular member in Japan and the one that fans are most interested in, so if they think she is taken, then they lose interest; the fantasy is shattered....Im not gonna say that the nikki was off, because I don't think it was, all of our predictions could have been right, but at the last minute, something turned the japanese fans off, which we didn't anticipate, Nikki always, underestimates Kara which makes sense because they are a foreign artist and foreign artist tend not to do as well... for Nikki to actually have had some faith in Kara with the projected interest shows that there was nothing wrong with the song.

The Nikki is not always correct and in fact have been proven wrong on many occasions, since Oricon only polls from a random sample of about 600 of it's subscribing members. I heard they increased the number but it would probably at most be in the range of 1K people. Not that statistically significant if you ask me.

A better indication would be GGS's digital sales. It is currently shaping up to be KARA's best single digitally, it has gotten weekly #1 and will most probably get another weekly #1. This can only mean the general public loves GGS.

Even though without the JunHara incident, I still don't think GGS will come anywhere close to Over (it is currently the best selling Johnny's group single so far this year). BUT, GGS will probably be at a comfortable 2nd. I am guessing GGS lost about 20-30K sales because of JunHara. Not too bad I would say. It's a good thing KARA's fanbase is mostly females in Japan heh.

Anyway it's all water under the bridge. Time to start pulling in more fans, hopefully the more matured kind lol :D.

The Nikki is not always correct and in fact have been proven wrong on many occasions, since Oricon only polls from a random sample of about 600 of it's subscribing members. I heard they increased the number but it would probably at most be in the range of 1K people. Not that statistically significant if you ask me.

A better indication would be GGS's digital sales. It is currently shaping up to be KARA's best single digitally, it has gotten weekly #1 and will most probably get another weekly #1. This can only mean the general public loves GGS.

Even though without the JunHara incident, I still don't think GGS will come anywhere close to Over (it is currently the best selling Johnny's group single so far this year). BUT, GGS will probably be at a comfortable 2nd. I am guessing GGS lost about 20-30K sales because of JunHara. Not too bad I would say. It's a good thing KARA's fanbase is mostly females in Japan heh.

Anyway it's all water under the bridge. Time to start pulling in more fans, hopefully the more matured kind lol :D.

exactly...the general public loves this song, but they aren't buying the physical singles...thats interesting if you ask me. Like I said, even if the poll number is limited (as most polls number are) the fact that they were so close to HSJ! in the interest and yet it didn't translate over into physical sales tells us something about the japanese public and what they expect in their idols....of course nikki isn't "correct" its just an interest poll, you can't be correct in interest, you can only gauge it...however nikki is hardly ever this far off. 20-30k is ALOT of sales tbh especially when you are trying to establish yourself in a market where you get more attention when you sell more copies...digital sales don't mean much unless people find it worthwhile to purchase the physical single. I get what you are saying about the casual fans, it's just that I think the causal fans who were going to buy this (as probably seen in the interest poll) got turned off because of one thing or another....like I said, I'm proud of them for still managing to sell this much but Kara should have improved in terms of sales and that is what i think people are disappointed about, you can be happy for their sales and disappointed in them at the same time....

@GooBurberrHara Digital sales and physical sales in Japan follow mostly the same pattern as in Korea. Mostly the fans will buy the physical single and the general public will only get the digital if they like it.

Having mainly casual/non-wota fans will just mean that there is less bulk buying than usual in KARA's case. This is by no means implying that casual fans are not loyal fans. You don't need everyone to be a bulk buying wota to be a loyal fan, as we can clearly see in this case heh. And I like that most Kamilias have their heads screwed on right :D.

sales for 07/03/2011

#2 GGS - 8201

current total (without weekend boost) = 109533

hoping GGS gets about 115K with weekend boost.

we can wish that the weekly bonus iss going to be bug, but I be glad that the girls would get like 5K, so the girls get a total of like 115K. I'm been happy, because it so close to what JCL made. Let not worry about this anymore, what's done is done, we can't change anything. We can be disappointed or happy,but that not going to change anything. Let just move on from here, the girls come back and get ready for their korean comeback. Maybe sooner or later they would release another japanese album/single.

I really think that GGS has been doing great on rankings. The competition is the strongest any KPOP group has faced, and the fact that KARA got 2nd place is amazing. HSJ is popular, his CD got many goodies and they're evn in the midst of a suspension scandal, so a lot of people wanted to show them support buying their single. Nob3 is one of the strongest AKB48 units. And L'arc was coming back after an hiatus, and this year is ther 20th anniversary. I bet that many people who like KARA are also fan of one of those three.

The scandal might have an effect, since Hara seems to be one of the most popular girls (I always get confused, sometimes I think Hara and Nicole are the most popular, then Hara and Seungyeon trend on Japan twitter, ... I don't know, LOL, japanese love them all :D). But KARA has a lot of female fans, so... I don't know. A lot of poeple might not even know about it.

Anyway. Their sales are great, and their releases keep charting for weeks! And they're definitely popular and loved in Japan (You can watch on TV how Kara are randomly named, and how everybody know their names and dances! I bet they'll be the only ones having a career in Japan after the Hayllu fad dies).

I've been stalking this thread pretty diligently and... not posting that much because I don't have that much to contribute, but thanks to everyone for updating/putting a lot of things in perspective. I don't know much about the Japanese market but I always feel like I understand a bit of it here lolol.

I'm glad KARA's been doing well! 2nd place yee. Such amazing sales in Japan haha it reminds me of an article I read about hallu wave stars and how some of them make more money in a week in japan than they do in a year in korea. Hope their korean comeback make just as big of a splash as Go Go Summer is making rn :3

@akane no3b is the 2nd strongest AKB48 sub-unit, while Not Yet is the strongest :D.

Hopefully if GGS continues to consistently sell for the next few weeks, it should reach or even surpass JCL's sales (JCL tapered off relatively fast compared to KARA's other japanese releases).

Edited by grainy

As mentioned above, I think the reason for these high-but-somewhat-less-than-expected sales may be a lot of CD releases at the same times - and all of them are popular, so people may buy less. Well a lot of J-Kamilias are females, so it's understandable that they may purchase HSJ or L'Arc's albums/singles.

I heard that Hara's dating news hasn't been reported on TV in Japan, so not many people know about it. It may not affect that much :tongue:

Anyway, congratulation the girls, another record broken :thumbup: So happy :thumbup:

Seems like it's the record for girlgroup's 2 consecutive singles sold more than 100k in 1st week - 44 years? :thumbup:

Seems like it's the record for girlgroup's 2 consecutive singles sold more than 100k in 1st week - 44 years?

wow ha ha, when Go Go Summer wasn't released yet I was wondering what kind of record Kara could break or set this time.. and here it is.. GREAT GREAT GREAT.. :rolleyes::thumbup:

btw..

I heard that Hara's dating news hasn't been reported on TV in Japan

is that true ? so yeah, probably the scandal didn't affect GGS sales.. but is it me or it's weird that it hasn't been reported yet ? I mean it's Kara and especially HARA DATING SOMEONE.. Maybe it wasn't that important or maybe DSP/UMJ did something ?

ok I'm going wild here :tongue::sweatdrop:I know this isn't the right thread sorry,

Im so glad they are recieving such great feedback with this new single. The more i listen to it the more i fall in love. Kara has done it again! Great work girls!!!!

That's so amazing! Im so glad to find they are doing so great with this new song/album :D

@KARAddicted.01 It was reported, but not much. However, the news has already spread throughout the fandom. The general public won't really care if a girl group member is dating or not heh. It's mostly the effect on the fandom.

Oh, and an interesting anecdotal phenomenon observed by a KH member who is active on 2ch is that after the JunHara revelation, the Harawotas there didn't totally disappear, even though their numbers have dropped a lot in Hara's thread (it has much less activity then before). But quite a lot seem to have redistributed themselves to the other members' thread like Nicole, Jing and Hammie (very active recently heh). Seems like they decided to stan the other members instead.

Welll what can I say ... KARA is a hard addiction to kick lololol :P.

0glF0.jpg

Chaku Uta Full (cellphone downloads)

Hopefully if GGS continues to consistently sell for the next few weeks, it should reach or even surpass JCL's sales (JCL tapered off relatively fast compared to KARA's other japanese releases).

I hope so too. GGS is less than 10,000 off JCL's pace so it's definitely quite possible. Hopefully Hara's fans have had time to digest the news and come back. JCL's drop off IMO had a lot to do with the deluge of songs being released at the same time in aftermath of the Japan disaster. On the other hand the longevity of KARA's 2010 releases had a lot to do with them being comparatively unknown. As KARA becomes more popular fans who used to wait weeks to buy KARA stuff will now want them right away. As an extreme example look at AKB48, with a 90% dropoff in sales after the first week.

The girls did great, I honestry have to say that I didn't think the girls were going to break any record. I mean the girls had HSJ as competition, so I knew get number 1 was not very hard to do. So my other record I could think of was for the girls to hit 100K in one day, which is also hard to do. I never guess a record this simple as get 100K in one week consective would be something that was meant to be broken. Yet everything of KARA has major to broke a record, even GGS. Just think KARA is getting another gold certification.

@akane no3b is the 2nd strongest AKB48 sub-unit, while Not Yet is the strongest :D.

im pretty sure that both WH7 and French Kiss perform better than no3b...DIVA is like the only subgroup that does worse than them unless im reading the numbers from the last singles wrong, but either way, its an achievement for kara to beat them as they have some really popular members from AKB in that subunit...

Edited by GooBurberrHara