[2011.06.29] Japanese 4th Single [Go Go Summer]

red4summer

Very disappointing that they've sold less well on their first day compared to JCL especailly with so much promotion.

Loooooool I just enjoyed this sentence juxtaposed with your username, ahahahahaha :sweatdrop:

They're doing fine. Consistency is good, and look for HSJ to plummet in sales tomorrow.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah maybe we just hope to much.. But it's quite good sell compare with the other Kpop artist. ( and of course not including TVXQ )

And about the scandal, it's true that the Japanese fans don't like their idol dating. And less or more it will affect the image of their idol. o_O

And it's remind me to the urakara Ham's episode when the manager said that. XD

But no need to worry then.

Edited by Azure_09

It's still good. I think this is a good wake up call to KARA and Kamilia. Not everything is certain and we need to always work hard. keeps us grounded. Plus, the sales aren't horrible. It's just not as high as everyone predicted. Hopefully, weekly sales are good.

It's still good. I think this is a good wake up call to KARA and Kamilia.

I so agree...it is for me a real wake up ! I used to underrate their japanese sales and they did great but now that I am optimistic they did less than what I expected...isn't it ironical ?

Hmmm, I kind of expected this ^^;; i was kindof expecting "Jumping sales" since the predictions that were "Jumping sales prediction" lol. I'm saying.... it's sortof a repeat xD This is still a pretty big number. And now, I'm just hoping for GGS to surpass JCL first week sales then, I'll be good :3 Random but... I'm excited to when they'll release another album. Hopefully within' this year >.<

To keep it realistic..ish. 125k+ this first week? Right now... in this whole hallyu wave in japan, Our girl's JCL is still the highest selling in the first day and first week...(I'm not sure about JGS sales though?) for singles... what I'm basically saying is... I think KARA is still killin' itout there x3 I hope they go back to sexy-ish and mature kara though :( Me no like too much of cute kara. x3

And another thought, being a kpop group with kpop-ish japanese songs can only take a group so far. So I reverting back to those kindof songs won't help boost sales. KARA's still ridin' a bit of that hallyu wave ......because they're the high tide xD

Okay so maybe the sales were lower than expected but we have to remember that as idols still new to the market, it's no mean feat achieving the results that GOGO Summer achieved so far. ^^ It's a great song, and we know it.

About the Hallyu wave... I'd rather see KARA getting relatively lower sales because of their own capabilities than uber high sales because of the wave. ^^ Considering that GOGO Summer is marketed as a Jpop song, I'm pretty satisfied with their sales, and I'm sure the girls are too ^^

Well so far the girls sold about 70k in the first 2 days, so that stil pretty good. I think for the girls to manage to beat the sells of JCL they would have to at least sells no more the less than 10K for the rest of the week. We all predicated that this was going to be big because it was like a japanese song. But I agree, after think about I rather the girls get low sells than high sells just because of the Hallyu wave. Still this could still so how beat what JCL made, I think it still possible that the girls can mange to beat JCL sells. WE already gurantee a gold certification. Beside think about how many gold certification KARA has recieve. They have receive a gold certification in everything they release. One platinum, and maybe soon we were have two more to add(Best clips/JCL). I still say that KARA is still doing amazing well, even if the sells doesn't really show that. The scandal could of hurt the girls, but maybe it not just the scandal. Think about this song was always ready for download, so maybe most people download this song instead of buy this.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

2k less than JCL each day... But if it continues like this, at least we can get Gold in 1 week.

Actually that's great. Still a great number for a Kpop group. It's just ... lower than our expectation (Or our expectation is too high? :tongue: )

(Maybe too much cute concept for Japan. I hope they will change into other concept )

I hope we can get No. 2 weekly

Edited by nhung_gemini

in life, we gain some, we lose some.

rather than citing the possible cause for the sales decline, together as a group, we accept any consequences.

82556 copies sold in 3 days, it's magnificently huge too.

go go summer, let's go for gold this week. go go gold!

Do you think it possible that the sells can rise because of the weekend. I guess it true you lose some and you win some, beside this would get a gold certification that always gurantee. Beside if we can't get platinum for this we always have it for JCL. Beside not think that the scandal is the only reason why the sells are low then JCL. Maybe it also contribute to it, but it not all because of that. Since JCL and GGS were both able to be download, maybe people download the song, more than buying the album. That could also be a reason why the girls didn't get high sells. But no matter what the girls got another god certification, they probably would do a lot better if it was a album(to me). Now the girls just have to finish what they started, and head back to korea for their comeback.

I really don't think that the scandal is the reason behind these lower sales

I know that it is not so important to find the reasons but if we can know them so KARA could improve

+80K in 3 days is already great that few artists can achieve but I just want to see KARA growing more

And I was so confident in GGS that now I am deceived by the sales

However I am still proud of our girls because they have worked so hard

GGS is doing very well and we should all be happy for KARA

Lols whatever happens. I still believe in kara and kamilia.:-P

if we compare the sales to jet coaster love, it is quite low. But 80k is high enough to show that they're popular in Japan I believe. We're all dissappointed because we have high expectation.

I don't like the fact that the hallyu waves helped kara to achieve great number of sales. Without the hallyu wave, it does prove that our kara is wonderfully welcomed in Japan and Japan just love them to perform. B-)

go go kara!

Edited by KaraM94

dang, the girls may not get 100K in the first week, which would the first time since GT. Since everything after that day that KARA broken 100K mark in one week for GT. Everything of KARA been hit 100K in one week, I can't believe this is so close that it wouldn't hit it. I guess our predication would totally off, and the ninki predication were wrong to.

we should still be able to get a gold in the 1st week, according to JCL sales.

seems like our expectation were really too high??

Hopefully, we still can get a #2 for weekly. dang!no sleeves is going strong and catching up. :bored:

Let's see how it goes for the next two days. *prays*

Comparisons with JCL:

月 JCL Summer

火 *47,810 45,590

水 *28,643 25,107

木 *13,686 11,859

金 **9,109 *9,396

土 *10,629

日 **8,120

計 117,997

周 122,820

Edited by soju

I don't think our expectations were very high, tbh. With Ninki's numbers and some mathematical calculation, for all you know GGS could have sold over 200k within the 1st week. And personally... the most probable reason why sales dropped is due to the JunRa scandal. Casual fans are KARA's strongest point in Japan so it wouldn't be surprising if they were easily disappointed. And I don't think the Japanese didn't like GGS - Ninki's numbers show how much the fans were anticipating for its release.

Anyways, I think it's a great opportunity for some Kamilias to get off the high horse. Some of them have become arrogant and are trolling on other groups. So this is a wake up call to all of us.

But don't worry guys. We can still hit 100k. A good weekly boost is all we need :)

"a day before ggs release, the scandal broke up?"

why? have this ever come across your mind?

in this world, especially in entertainment/business when everything is at stake, nothing can be assumed as normal.

it impacted both dsp & kara directly.

Guys dont feel bad if its not selling more than jcl...

I think JCl sales was higher because the proceeds are for the disaster relief and thats when a lot of people/fans were willing to donate or buy more for the cause.

Edited by elisac0