[2011.06.30] KARA's "Go Go Summer" debuts at No.2 on Oricon Daily Chart

chupachups

KARA returns to the Japanese market with a strong single as "Go Go Summer" takes 2nd place on its first day on the Oricon Daily Chart for singles. According to Oricon Style, the group's 4th Japanese single sold 45,590 units in its first day.

"Go Go Summer" and "Girls Be Ambitious!" are two songs from the single that has been chosen for commercial use, LG's Electronic smartphone "Optimus Bright L-07c" and Japanese hair color brand "Patty."

On August 6th, KARA will hold a fan meeting for their fans in Japan.

cr: Koreaboo

whatever the chart said, kara is always number 1 in any ranking of mine.

if someone is to offer this figure year ago, i'll probably grab without hesitation.

so yeah, i'm pleased. oricon top 2 for the weekly!

Let's not forget that even though the sales of GGS weren't quite as high as we expected, congratulations are still in order for KARA. 45k in one day and #2 overall is still a number all but the most popular few dozen musical acts in Japan could ever hope to achieve. Also thank you to all the J-Kamilia who continue to be KARA's strongest fanbase.

this is not bad

their 1st song after so many things that has happened to them

it is good already

yeah i am a lil sad that they dont sell much as i expected

but that is mainly because of my selfish reasons

still 45k on their first day and 25k on 2nd day is not bad at all

so cool

hoping for more today

hahaha

yay for kara

#2 or #1, KARA will still be my favourite anyways regardless of their sales/ranking (it never really bothered me tbh) but nevertheless, great for KARA :)

hope more things will brighten up too for them, they have gone very far since their debut in japan so yeah, everything is good so far!

tbh their competition is Hey Say Jump and Ryutaro scandal got alot of attention this week so it's not surprising Kara got 2nd. but they did pretty good. by Oricon rate..i think around 100k this week. hoping they surpass 200k sales but it seem pretty hard with tough competition like HSJ, and NO3B. oh well~ at least the girls are back~

Edited by Karaya

i looked again on the oricon chart.

they got moved down to third on the oricon chart right now

but its pretty good considering who they're up against.

they're up against hey! say! JUMP(currently 1st) and akb48's subgroup no3b(currently 2nd).

and i'm just happy that they got to outsell no3b on the first day

because no3b's single was released the same day as go go summer

so even though they're not first, going up against tougher competition is good for kara

rather than just releasing music when no one released songs.

by going up against japan's most popular groups and everything,

they can really prove that they're the best and that kara cant be defeated and that they're awesome <3

even though they're up against tough competition

and i wouldn't be surprised if they got 3rd on the weekly chart,

i kinda hope they'd at least get 1st or at least 2nd~

i'll still pray for that (:

Edited by myhoneyclaire