[2009.01.09] The Young Kara “Look Out SNSD and Wonder Girls!”

hopelesshong

kara6.jpg

Is it because of the addition of young members to the group? Kara who was reborn with 5 members (Park Gyuri, Jung Nicole, Han Seung Yeon, Goo Hara, Kang Ji Young) is getting younger and prettier.

After Goo Hara (18) and Kang Ji Young (15) joined the group, the group’s average age became 18.6 years old, 1.4 younger than before. “With the addition of younger members, we were able to adopt the cute image. After the new members were added to the group, the original members are responsible for leading the group while the new members are bringing new fresh air to the group.” (Han Seung Yeon)

The former 4-member group Kara went through at hard time after Kim Sung Hee left the group. When the former main vocal, Kim Sung Hee, left the group, Kara was in danger of being disbanded. Even though they auditioned 5000 people to replace Kim Sung Hee, they weren’t able to find the right person fast.

“Because of all the hardships we went through, I think that is why all the members in Kara are so close together. Wonder Girls is a good example of a success after a member switch. I believe that the members took these hardships as a chance to become one.” (Park Gyuri)

The most recent mini album, “Pretty Girl”, showed the cute and bright side of this group. The music video teaser received 50,000 views in mere 12 hours since its release, and also, the new members, Kang Ji Young and Goo Hara, were one of the most searched on the internet.

Their cute dance moves like the make up dance or the Yea Yea Yea dance make us feel like as if we are watching the early days of Fin.K.L again. “We are now hearing that we have finally got the 2nd Fin.K.L image. Whenever we meet Hyori Unnie, she would always compliment us and encourage us to work harder” (Jung Nicole)

The middle schooler, Kang Ji Young was able to join Kara through her relative’s introduction to DSP Entertainment. Goo Hara from Gwang Joo was working as a model before joining Kara.

Goo Hara has a lot of male fans because of her similarity to a Japanese star, Amuro Namie. “During our comeback stage at Music Bank, I accidentally stepped on Nicole’s foot and made a sound. After that incident, the video clip of my mistake became the most searched on the internet.” (Goo Hara)

Goo Hara thought that she would get scolded by her manager because of the mistake but, “I was able to spread my name more through the mistake,” Goo Hara said while smiling.

To Kara, the year 2009 is the year for them to re-enter the battle to become the best. “We are all charged up and ready to go. All the girl groups out there! get ready!” (Laughter)

Link:Ilgan Sports
Tip off: Anne
Translated by Hopelesshong @ KARAholic
Take out with full credits, do not add in or remove anything.

Edited by edr49890

oh love this article.. how they are taking this all in stride instead of like others XD

haha.. and plus this pic makes me even happier lol

To Kara, the year 2009 is the year for them to renter the battle to become the best.

Ahhh, so adorable :) i love their confidence! Hmm,

True i knew Kara talked to Hyori but I never knew

They were close. I mean, it seems like she's more

Into guy bands, like Big Bang xD lol, but Hyori's kind

Hearted! Wow, i learn new things about Kara every

Day :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...