Official Musical "200 Pounds Beauty" Thread

red4summer

^

inorder not to look so confusing, allow me to flip the 2nd photo.

3ai6e.jpg

thanks to bada for the sneak shot, so what do we see here?

i see.. a little girl, tiring herself up just to live her dream, at the age of 23.

rushing for sstp recording, musical practice, step promotion etc. "hug hug"

Awwww poor gyul!!

But success comes through hard work so I applaud her for trying so hard!!

I saw the Kara live show on youtube and I WAS SHOCKED to see her vocal improvements! She was a good singer from the beginning but now she is GREAT!

Gyul is seriously the BEST leader in Kpop and she is a really hard working individual.

I hope this musical will have a breakthrough success. And people will recognize her more for the talents she possesses. :thumbup:

^I think we've all seen the news about Gyul's musical. I am really really hoping that they settle this and that she'd be able to perform. She worked so hard for this that seriously if it was all for nothing, I would be really disappointed. :whistling:

What news? I didn't see anything yet. Did something happen?

^^^^

Wow that sucks. I would have thought this sort of thing would have been sorted out a long time ago. I was under the impression that the 200 lbs beauty musical had been around for a while now so I'm surprised this would happen so out of the blue. The musical isn't due to start until next month so there's still time for things to work out. If not then hopefully after things have been settled the musical can reschedule at a different time.

In the meantime let's try to keep our outlook positive and enjoy a few screenshots of the goddess being a goddess.

6XYWp.jpg

iWOg9.jpg

WtjWV.jpg

wPsBY.jpg

copyright infringements and trademark violations, aren't the involved companies got it covered long time before promotions, tickets selling etc? keep our fingers crossed that the top management decision won't be affecting the musical performance. it's a lose-lose situation for everyone if neither parties want to seek negotiations to resolve the problem of theirs. what a thing to happen!

there was a statement release in the official site yesterday, it stated something like they are assuring the fans that the problem will be resolved and the musical performance will continue as planned.

i will update when there're new updates.

there was a press release in the official site yesterday, it stated something like they are assuring the fans that the problem will be resolved and the musical performance will continue as planned.

i will update when there're new updates.

Very reassuring to hear. Please keep us updated.

• 2 weeks later...

gyul.jpg

Park Gyuri has been spending busy days going back and forth between activities for her musical, as well as for KARA‘s ”Step” promotions. It seems she’ll use whatever spare moment she has to go over her script for ‘200 Pound Beauty‘, as seen by this photo taken backstage at ‘Music Bank‘.

Representatives on scene revealed that Gyuri was always seen with her script in her hands, even while waiting for the live broadcast to start.

KARA had an exhausting schedule in the morning, but despite that, Gyuri quietly sat in the corner of the room with a pencil and her script. While her other members caught up on some much needed sleep, Gyuri dove into her rehearsal. It’s said that she was so focused on her review that her script became almost unrecognizable because of the notes scribbled all over the text.

She stated, “I’m glad to be able to focus on KARA’s promotions with good results. But I am the leading role for this musical and it begins right after KARA’s promotions come to an end so I can’t help but rehearse every chance I get in our waiting room. I’m going to cut back on my sleep and work hard so that we can achieve great results on our promotions as well as my musical.”

allkpop

while each of us is busy with own personal stuffs, please don't forget to mark down this date, 8th oct.

gyulee highly anticipated debut starts next saturday.

though we won't be able to attend, like many of her worshippers, let's give her the best mutual support we can.

it'll be tough on her both mentally and physically to promote winter magic and musical at the same time, so all the best to her goddess.

Im so excited for her!! :excited: this will definitely open more chances for Gyuri to get involved in more musicals or even acting in dramas...

So there is really no way for people who don't live in Asia to see it?

Edited by MaRBidOlA

Is the musical going to be in Korean or English? If it's Korean, it'll limit the audience scope I think. But regardless since I like musicals and it's Gyul, I'm thinking of catching it when it's near my country (unless they include Phils as a venue)... hmmm maybe in SG.

Anyway, I'm really excited for Gyul since theater performance is a different experience. I'm sure she'll learn a lot from it. It's also tiring, so I hope she gets to rest even while having KARA activities.

ギュリ「初ミュージカルなので、たくさん練習しています。演技をしながら歌うのは難しいですが、楽しいです。みんな観に来てね~(日本語で)」

(Rough translation: Gyuri said that since it's her first musical, she practiced a lot. Singing while acting is difficult and fun.) Last sentence doesn't translate well :P Anybody who can translate better, please help ^_^

tumblr_lspdyspaQJ1r32hano2_500.jpg

tumblr_lspdyspaQJ1r32hano1_500.jpg

Credit: 200 Pound Beauty Official Blog

Edited by iammai

^

thanks for sharing! gyul looks gorgeous in that dress. hope to see more pictures upload later in the day.

visit the official blog for the latest info.

first performance begins at 1400jst, gyul with sungje.

edited:

gyul3g.jpggyul2.jpg

[c] 규리눈웃음@kara-t

from the look @ the press meet, gyul gave a short performance of what's coming

Edited by red4summer