Official Musical "200 Pounds Beauty" Thread

red4summer

thanks for sharing the translation, gel.

i still remember the moment when gyul waved her hand (like in "no no, it's alright.") when sungje kept apologizing for drawing cow. now i really want to see how sungje woos gyul in the musical.

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the twitter thread or this one. Gyuri's co-actress Bada tweeted a short note and a couple of selcas.

kEk6X.jpg

Obviously I don't know Korean, but I see the hangul for "yeosin", "Gyuri" "musical" and "tteokbokki" so....Bada and Gyuri went to eat tteokbokki after rehearsal ^_^

x0j0t.jpg

t6z3i.jpg

Look at those baggy eyes. :( They must be practicing very hard. Please get some sleep ladies. :lazy: Is that really Bada? She looks quite different without makeup on. Anyone else think they could pass for relatives? Both women have that similar lovely chin shape.

credit: Bada's twitter

Edited by gyuriFTW

Bada and KARA’s Park Gyuri snap a selca together

gyulg.jpg

Netizens were wowed by this latest selca from KARA’s Park Gyuri, who snapped a photo with Bada, a former member of Korea’s first female idol group S.E.S..

On August 9th, Bada tweeted “Goddess Bada, Goddess Gyuri, while eating dduk-bokki after our musical practice.”

In the uploaded photo, Bada and Park Gyuri are seen in comfortable clothing, with their faces close together and smiling sweetly for the camera. While their makeup-free faces attracted a lot of attention, netizens were more interested in how the photo captured the friendly atmosphere between a veteran pop icon and a current rising star.

Netizens who viewed the photo commented, “Is this a goddess get-together?“, “So pretty“, “Their faces look tired“, and “When will we see the that Park Gyuri’s dark circles vanish?”

Bada and Park Gyuri have been double-casted for the lead female role of ‘Jenny‘ in the musical, ‘200 Pounds Beauty‘.

Source + Photo: Star News via Nate

with comeback promotions coming up fierce in korea and japan, (and not to mentioned sstp) how is gyul going to find time to practise? the musical debut is only 2 months away.

^yeah, she looks really really tired...I hope that she gets to rest a little bit. But that won't happen soon. When looking at the Jumping time when we all could see them about to faint, she was the most composed of them all...Perhaps, the last to faint and the one with most energy...we'll see...

the price of success is hard work and unfortunately a costly toll on health too.

since the route to every successful story is the same, i just hope the people around them will take good care of them on behalf.

not only outside, i want gyul to look good from the inside too.

Oh my so the musical sometimes runs twice a day? And only 4 days off in the whole month. I guess that's why the parts are double cast. October 22 in particular concerns me because Gyuri is doing both the afternoon and the night performance. She's going to be so tired. :(

there are some updates on the official site. google translated something like "having similar experience, gyul feels sympathy towards character kang han byul whom has to hide her complexity. during practices, gyul 'hides' too."

hmm.. imo, rather than hiding it, it's about managing complexity.

guys, have you seen this (which i screen-captured from official site)?

looks like they are taking turns to perform?

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8955/gyulh.jpg

so does this mean that Gyul is opening AND closing the show!! That's such and honor if she is, even if it is for the earlier show, it still means alot, I know the plays around my area, the samer person opens and closes for both show times.

I know she and Bada are having fun together! Bada loves Gyuri's personality and she even said of Strong Heart that Gyuri had what it takes to be a Goddess.

I hope to see Kara members and friends there to support Gyul.

Edited by red4summer

• 2 weeks later...