Official Musical "200 Pounds Beauty" Thread

red4summer

not sure if it's translated properly but i got this from a chinese site. (the source is trustful.)

35251817.jpg

200 pounds beauty musical will be arriving in korea on 6th dec 2011 - 5th feb 2012. the tickets will go on sale from 27th oct 2011.

a quote from gyul:

i'm delighted that the musical is so well-received in japan. although everyone is very pleased, i know i'm still lacking in certain areas, so i'll work harder to present better in coming performances. in addition, hope everyone will continue the suport when it's performed in korea.

my first reaction: gyul now has more time to rest/recover because it seems like subsequent performances will not be as packed as osaka.

second thought: looks like the girls will spend a lot of time in korea before their next japan activity (which means no rush in finalising the next j-contract). great!

32142617.jpg

The musical ‘200 Pound Beauty‘ starring KARA‘s Gyuri will be making its way over to Korea after kicking off to a successful start in Japan.

From December 6th through February 5th, the musical will run at the Art Hall Theater in Chungmu, Seoul. Tickets will open for sale starting on October 27th while the musical prepares to conclude its run in Japan on November 6th.

The popularity of the original movie had already created a large fan following for the musical in Japan, and Japanese media outlets extensively covered the musical during its first run there. Considering the fact that it’s led by Hallyu stars Gyuri, Supernova‘s Sungje, and Bada, tickets for the musical sold out in an instant.

Gyuri stated, “We’re all so glad that our Japanese audience members are thoroughly enjoying our musical. I do know that there are still aspects we lack in, so we’re going to work hard to improve with every stage. Please look forward to our Korean shows as well.”

Source + Photos: Chosun via Naver

trans: akp

hope Korea will support her and her musicale as much as Japan supported her.

Excellent. A Korean tour is only natural considering the main cast are all Korean. But man Gyuri is gonna be so busy. Right after she finishes the musical it's not gonna be long before Super Girl promotions. Depending on how long KARA stays in Japan for SG Gyuri may have to fly back and forth between Tokyo and Seoul during December.

^

Yes. In the show, Bada and Gyul performs Han Byul/Jenny character on their own. You won't see them sharing the stage. So they sing all of her songs, but Bada is the higher in a way because she already performed this musical before this tour, so she gets more songs in the OST.

x7uJ3.jpg

cr: Gyuri's twitter! (/gyuri88)

Waaaah she looks so different but still cute ;_; her makeup is coming off a bit, I think.

And Gekidan Hitori tweeted: "Today is a rest day, so in order to watch the musical that KARA's Gyulee is performing in, "200-pound Beauty", I made my way to Osaka Shochikuza (a theatre). Naturally, Gyulee had a beautiful voice, and the enthusiastic performance that the cast gave caused a standing ovation during curtain call. I escaped the nervousness of standing up at the wrong timing, but on the intention of standing up to stretch my muscles, with all my might, I sent my applause."

cr: _karatweets @ twitter. (I couldn't find GH's actual twitter)

BUT AWESOME, and he's one of the guys on Waratte Iitomo where they got the red keychains! He's a huge KARA fanboy lol

Edited by alejandra

^

thanks for the update. here's his actual tweet.

63351219.jpg

[c] GekidanHitori@twitter

frankly speaking, if i'm to bump into this lady on the road, i will never recognise it's the girl whom i has worked my butt off everyday. lol.

Found this awesome edit:

440717726.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1320351203&Signature=%2FzV33wMKOLVsI4P2T%2FFDNT8Ezow%3D

Cr: TXJapan @ twitpic

---

I wish they'd sell the OST in stores when the tour moves to Korea. Like in most small-scale theater musical productions in my country, the OST is only sold at the theater. I hope they do it differently in Korea. I can't even see this is Japanese auction sites.

I'm also excited to start watching out for Gyul's vocal improvement on their performances.

Park Gyuri Successfully Ended '200 Pounds Beauty' Musical

Kara's agency, DSP announced on November 7, that Pounds Beauty musical in Japan was successfully concluded. The musical started is Osaka on October and was performed 10 times in Japan with sell out status.

The performance of Pounds Beauty in Japan, which is the 1st musical challenge for Park Gyuri, started with a sold out show. More than 90% of the seats were taken.

Even the curtain calls have to be conducted four times instead of one due to unstoppable applause and encore requests from audience. They even received standing ovation.

Pounds Beauty became a box office hit when it was performed back in 2001.

The musical featured idol members like Park Gyuri, Supernova's Sung Je and Bada. It attracted interest even before it begins on stage.

credit: KYUriShana@dkpopnews.net via Starnews