Official Musical "200 Pounds Beauty" Thread

red4summer

^

Yes, she's doing the Korean tour too. Dates of the performances are already plot (December). There's also a "tour" made for J-Kamilias to fly to Korea to watch her musical. I guess there couldve been quite a lot who didn't get to watch her in Osaka due to the tickets selling out fast.

^

thanks for the schedules. looks like they got another "hanbyul". probably the tour is arranged in-between the performances in korea.

though it has arrived in korea, there's still no news about china and singapore tour.

[c] 0329KARA5

Seems like Gyuri's schedule is a bit lighter. Hopefully this means she'll be able to rest more, although it could just be that KARA has more activities planned at the end of the year. I hope at the very least she'll get Christmas off.

I saw a tarp of 200 Pound Beauty outside an eyewear store in Myeongdong. Maybe it's the sponsor for the glasses HanByul wears in the musical. I didn't see a pic of Gyul though. XD Since I was alone, I got shy and didn't take a pic hehe. I just silently spazzed.

I think Christmas season for KARA is reserved for Japan (they have schedules for performances). I hope she gets to perform in other countries too, with 3 actresses the scheduling wouldn't be so tight.

Also, I feel like Gyul's voice improved (in recent performances) -- could be just biased though hehehe

^

thank you for sharing the link. it was so hard to come by.

watching the encore, looking at her body gestures (bowing and jumping), seeing her smiles, i'm so pleased.. with what the musical has given to gyul. though the osaka performances were hectic, it pays well in the end. hopefully it fares even better in korea.

Vocal cord nodules never stop Kara’s Park Gyuri from appearing in Pounds Beauty

DSP Media, Kara’s agency, announced on Nov. 23 that Park Gyuri was diagnosed with vocal cord nodules on Nov. 18 when she felt something bad in her throat while practicing for her musical performances to hold in Korea and visited the hospital.

It is assumed that a high level of fatigue on her throat made her fall ill, caused by the long-run musical performances and the hectic schedules of Kara frequently coming and going between Korea and Japan.

The doctor prescribed a sufficient rest for her, but Park keeps pushing ahead with the rehearsing schedule of Pounds Beauty.

The musical production team is now in anxiety about her throat condition, suggesting that the schedule for the musical performances be amended depending on her condition. Park, however, turns down the offer and keeps on practicing as scheduled.

Someone from the agency says, “The musical has successfully performed in Japanfor a full month of October, but for performances to hold in Korea, a large part of lines and song lyrics have changed. In fact, to completely digesting the changes, considerable practice is required. That’s why Park persists with the practice despite her health condition.”

It is also said that Park believes that changing the performance schedule is not acceptable because it is to break promises with the audience.

Park says, “I think the performances are not different from promises with the audience. In this respect, I think any pretext cannot be acceptable. Personally, it is very disappointing that I cannot present myself in a best condition before the audience, but I’ll do my utmost to appear on stage and satisfy what the audience expects.”

Source: Starnews

korea.com

in another article, gyul was blaming herself for not taking good care of her throat.

knowing gyul in which nothing can stop her, i just pray that the swellings come down fast.

^this is not good. If she keeps on pushing herself too hard, she is going to lose her voice. What is she thinking!? We'll see how luck will play with this because it's now all about that. AND she needs a better vocal coach to learn how to properly breathe and not strain her vocal cords so much. Let's not forget that on twitter, she mentioned that she filmed for a tv variety show...seriously, where are her priorities and dreams of having a long singing career?

Edited by sarah09

:( Oh no! My poor Gyuri. :crying: I had a feeling something bad like this was going to happen. She's been at it nonstop for months now between Japanese promotions, Korean promotions and now the musical. I don't know anything about how to treat vocal nodules but I hope she gets rest now. Don't want to leave any permanent damage.

I posted this in Soompi:

When the main instrument in which your career is based on is at risk why are you not taking professional advice and recovering it.

I understand her commitment and wanting to please the audience because she doesn't want to let them down but when your health and the well being of your career is at risk you do whatever it takes to protect it. Wouldn't you rather take the rest and be in the best condition you can to perform to the best that you can rather than risk your health and struggle to give at best a mediocre show? Why isn't she thinking probably? And if she truly knows her fans then she should know that we rather see her healthy and well than watching her struggle and harm herself.

I've always respected her as a great leader and still do, especially during their dispute, but this is truly a wrong choice in which she has made that will only affect her negatively in the end. I truly hope she makes the right and proper decision for herself and for the sake of her future career.

GyuRi, we don't always need you to be all high and mighty and so "immortal", you're human like the rest of us, please take care of yourself.

Gyuri is definitely a big girl but sometimes big girl needs to listen to the bigger girls may it be the parents, doctor, expert etc etc, i just hope if the doctor advice her not to sing she will comply.\ cuz with that illness she will risk her career and maybe KARA's future career.

wait.. it's getting too serious.

this is about being overworked, under poor guidance and training etc.

it has nothing to do with her stubbornness, shortsightedness or personality.

obviously she knows she has to get more rest and what's at stake if she doesn't recuperate properly.

about her "persistence" or choice of words, that's a dedication to her work.

what do you expect her to tweet out?

my thought is;

as of today, the illness isn't as bad as we have thought. we only learnt today but she was diagnosed on 18th. she is smart enough to realize that she must get a lot of rest/sleep and she must have gotten/tried since 18th. most importantly and without doubt, she knows what she's doing!

Edited by red4summer
guys, i'm really really disappointed.. please trust this girl..

^ultimately your guess is as good as everyone. once in a while people do make the wrong choice i think this one counts as one. like i said from what was given by the news the doctor said she should rest it. that's all it comes down to. if they would've said that it was a minor thing and the doctor give it a go. then i wouldn't be writing this now.

P.S trust and concern can be done simultaneously. :)

I don't know much about vocal cord nodules so I googled it and it says that it has no general health threat but can impair one's speaking and singing ability. Specially if worse comes to worst and a minor surgery is already needed to remove the nodules. So, I agree with what most of you guys have been saying that she has to rest this one out for a bit instead of continuing with her practice schedules like normal. Oh well, it's her decision so we can't really do anything about it. Let's just hope that she makes better choices for her health, her career, and KARA's career as well.

On the side note, I definitely commend her utmost dedication to her work.

I hope nothing worse will arise and she gets better soon.

I think we may be over-reacting. It's definite that Gyul's condition isn't perfect, but it surely isn't as bad as we belive it to be.

Vocal Cord Nodules (also called Singer's Nodes, Screamer's Nodes)

Vocal cord nodules are also known as “calluses of the vocal fold.” They appear on both sides of the vocal cords, typically at the midpoint, and directly face each other. Like other calluses, these lesions often diminish or disappear when overuse of the area is stopped.

---

People who use their voices a great deal, such as professional singers, teachers, auctioneers, lecturers, and members of the clergy, are prone to have nodules on their vocal cords. Like polyps, nodules may develop as a result of excessive use of the voice.

A nodule differs from a polyp in that it is a growth of the epithelium that covers the mucous membrane, not of the mucous membrane itself. Thus, it has a structural resemblance to a corn on a toe or a callus on the hand. If one has vocal cord nodules, the voice will become breathy and hoarse.

Hence, the advice to rest so the lesions will diminish.

Pretty sure Gyul, DSP, 200 Pound Beauty folks are all working together to ensure that Gyul gets some rest and not overuse her voice (like singing lipsync on some performances).

Edited by iammai