[2011.08.03] Kara Digital Downloads To Hit Number 1

red4summer

KARA's new song Go Go Summer could set a new record next month. They have only released 4 songs in an 11 month period, but already have the potential to surpass BoA's record.

Kara has officially 3.2 million downloads for the digital sales of their first three Japanese releases: Mr., Jumping and Jet Coaster Love. This is an amazing achievement considering they debuted just last August.

BoA who currently holds the highest downloads for a Korean singer, who through 11 years and 7 songs has achieved a record of 3.65 million downloads. Kara has almost reached that landmark with just 3 songs. Everyone is anticipating for the official records to be published for their 4th song Go Go Summer which was released on June 29.

This song, on Japan's biggest music website Recochoku for July's monthly chart, for ring tone full version, ring tone, video hits, free melody, reached 1st on all four categories. And also scored high on other categories as well. Once the official records for Go Go Summer's July's achievements are recognized, it is only time that a new record would be set.

As for other Korean artists that follow, SNSD has 1.65 million downloads with 4 songs. DBSK / TVXQ has 1.55 million with 5 songs.

An industry insider says, "Album sales, particularly digital downloads, reflects that artist's popularity to the general public." "This achievement not only represents KARA, but also the extreme popularity with the new generation of K-pop girl idol groups among the Japanese younger generation."

From Chinese Translation, Summarised By: popfu

Tipped By: ☆atl2006☆

Source From: Nate

The message from Kara on Go Go Summer topping July digital downloads.

[c] karamylover

Oh my god, I am really surprised that they surpassed tvxq's digital sales. Well done Kara. Just a little bit more to surpass Boa's digital sales. I'm a proud Kamilia :eyelove:

wohooooo , CHUKKAE ! KARA really deserve it ! :thumbup:

going excited to know this . they've been chosen as "hallyu wave star" , and -- i believe -- gonna be no 1 in japan . i hope they become a worlwide asian star in the future ~ :thumbup:

Whoa I got goosebumps while reading this! Can't tell how proud I am to be a Kamilia! :"D

I know you all feel the same way too right? & I didn't know the gap would be that big with SNSD :o

All we need is time for KARA to finally set another record, wether it will be sooner or later after their next single <3

Wow only 450,000 downloads behind BoA, and that's not even counting Go Go Summer. Considering GGS got #1 in almost every download category this past month, I think it's safe to say KARA has already passed BoA by now. I suspect KARA will hold onto this record for a long, long time since BoA's career plateau'd a while ago and neither of the SM groups are even close to KARA's number. Congratulations to our 5 beauties and thanks popfu and atl2006 for the article translation.

Thanks popfu and atl2006 for the translation! I was sort of understanding the Korean version but in English, it sounds so much better. J-Kamilia really loves the digital downloads it seems :) I'm kind of surprised how KARA has manage to outsell TXVQ's download sales and are so close to Boa's record XD

Wow~ Its a really good news for our girl!

But same with the other, I'm kind of surprise too when they said our girls surpass TVXQ's download sales in Japan

and just few behind BoA's! :P

I'm so proud as a Kamilia! ^^

Kara Daebak! And I hope Kara will break another record with their korean Comeback! :D

Not only in Japan or in Korea, but also in asia! >_<

omg, this is seriously big, I think they can beat any more record. I would have to say after heard this, that KARA is the more successful korean music star. With just 3 song, and they about to beat BOA record of 3.65 million. But BOA release like 4 more song then KARA to get that record. And KARA just did it with 3 song. I think they are defitnely going to break it, GGS is sell more then JCL is, so naturally we be heard news about this. I'm in shock, but I so happy for them, to break another record. I guess they are the top hallyu star, they should be snatch every newcomer award in japan. It almost been a "year" since the girls debut in japan, this is a amazing present for KARA one year anniversarty

I think most everyone is shocked that KARA manage to beat dbsk download sell, I know I'm am

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

Crying for some reason inside.....I think Kara is amazing and always thought that they weren't appreaciateted enough....and all the hardships they've been having since debut....Now they are overtaking their seniors records....LOVE U KARA NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

good accomplishment for KARA definitely.

i'm glad if they surpass #1 though because they definitely deserve too, not really being bias either but KARA has grown so much over the years interms of popularity for sure.