[2011.08.05] KARA discusses September comeback title track issues

mae

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing us fans can really do about the 3 week thing, yeah it sucks big time but we just have to make the best out of it since it definitely better than nothing.

I imagine their schedules being hectic and crazy from now on and with Gyuri's musical added on to that, I can't help but think they are going to be over worked.

I still don't like DSP and never will but I am happy that they let Kara pick their title song and style, and with that I have more confidence in their comeback than if DSP chose and decided eveything.

I wonder if Kara's Japanese promotions are being rushed because of their contract with UMJ ending next year.

yey! cant wait for their comeback! and their new concept!!!

Its a bit sad that Korean promo will be only for 3 weeks but i guess DSP is focusing in Japan market since they are a huge girl group there! still i think DSP should've arrenged a little more time for Korean comeback!

Whatever i just hope our girls keep healthy during their super busy schedule!!

anyways im waiting for Mid-September!!yey!

GO GO KARA & KAMILIA FIGHTING!!

It seems the fast pace of their schedule is taking it's toll in the Korean promotions. Maybe it's only a temporary thing until they get their schedule straighten out. Glad to hear they are chosing the lead song, I hope it's a great one. The best part is they are back in the thick of things.

Two contries, one group. Five girls. Marvelous!

I think it's only a temporary thing myself. With the dispute I'm sure many things got pushed back and often times record companies have quotas on how many albums a group needs to release each year or in the span of a few years, for example, Madonna is under contract with Live Nation and has to release I think 5 more albums in the span of 7 years. I think this is the same type of thing with Kara. They probably HAVE to release another album before the year is up, and if the rest of the schedule is jam-packed with music festivals, solo activities, variety show appearances, photo-shoots, CF filming, magazine interviews, award shows and other things, it's only natural that they would dig into the time span for the Korean release to make time for the Japanese one since those outside contracts legally can't be broken. Also, it's easier for DSP to just take the time from their own schedules then to compete against UMJ, a powerhouse company. DSP probably has another release planned out after the promotions of the Japanese album where the girls will promote for the full 5-6 weeks.

Like you said, as long as they are back in the thick of things, that's most important. Kara has been everywhere lately so that's sure to help with the promotion of the song. Even if they are only able to win 2 weeks worth of awards, it's better than nothing, we should try as hard as we can to help them buy supporting them and buying the album.

On a side note since I saw a few comments about DSP: I personally think DSP is getting better at promoting the girls. Even in this short time period I have seen some improvements in the distribution of individual promotions. Promotions should last before, during and after a release, and should take a variety of different forms, Jiyoung's photo-shoots, Gyuri's musical, Hara's drama/magazines/solo endorsements, Seungyeon's MC job and Nicole getting to do her own thing with her cookie business are all good promotions for Kara as a group. Knowing only one person can lead to becoming a fan of the whole group. I've always had faith in DSP and three weeks isn't gonna make me lose it, DSP has created some legendary stars, I'm positive the same can come to Kara. While disappointed with only three weeks promotion, I'm sure the Korean fans understand.

I'd rather they only promote for a short time in Korea and then go on to Japan rather than try to kill themselves doing both at the same time. It's unfortunate for the Korean fans but at least they are going to do something in Korea. I actully think it's a good thing that DSP has obviously planned their schedules and have at least warned the fans beforehand.

GooBurberrrHara makes a good point that the dispute probalby messed up their schedule. They were pretty much inactive for the first few months of the year and so now all their work has been pushed up to the second half of the year. They have obligations to meet on the Japanese end and they can't risk breaking their contract. People also need to rememeber that DSP/UMJ are a business and the truth of the matter is KARA are making a lot of money in Japan and it would be foolish of them to jeopardise that when they are currently doing so well.

Edited by Optimist

I hope they'll decide the right title track this time..... We don't want another case of Wanna/Mr, do we?? Nonetheless I'll just support the girls no matter what happens:) And regarding their next Japanese release, is it a single or an album? I doubt if the girls can record 2 albums within such a short period of time O_O (unless both of them are EPs or something).

with packed schedules due to all promises, it's a huge sacrifice on korean soil which dsp has made to adjust to meet the needs and demands. but amazingly there're still fans unimpressive of the company which found the idol group and in turn brings together all strangers from different parts of the world.

I hope they'll decide the right title track this time..... We don't want another case of Wanna/Mr, do we?? Nonetheless I'll just support the girls no matter what happens:) And regarding their next Japanese release, is it a single or an album? I doubt if the girls can record 2 albums within such a short period of time O_O (unless both of them are EPs or something).

Hehe that reminded me of an episode of Star Golden Bell I think it was. I forgot who it was who said "KARA has a butt dance these days and I really like it" and then Gyuri interjected "That's not even our title track <_< ".

I believe KARA's next Japanese release will be just a single. With KARA promising to have a concert in Japan next year that usually will coincide with a full album release. It hasn't even been a year since Girl's Talk was released so it's stil a bit too early for another full album.

Hehe that reminded me of an episode of Star Golden Bell I think it was. I forgot who it was who said "KARA has a butt dance these days and I really like it" and then Gyuri interjected "That's not even our title track <_< ".

I believe KARA's next Japanese release will be just a single. With KARA promising to have a concert in Japan next year that usually will coincide with a full album release. It hasn't even been a year since Girl's Talk was released so it's stil a bit too early for another full album.

really? I thought all the reports said they were releasing another Japanese album in October. Is that wrong information?

really? I thought all the reports said they were releasing another Japanese album in October. Is that wrong information?

That's just my guess. The article only said KARA would be releasing an album in October. They didn't say whether it'd be a single album, an EP or a full album. In Japan it isn't unusual at all for big acts to release 4-5 singles a year and KARA has only done 2 so far. I just figured it'd be difficult for KARA to record and promote 2 full albums worth of songs in such a short period of time. If there was another press release stating otherwise and I missed it please let me know.

3 weeks promotions ? DSP are you freaking kidding me ?

No come on, K-Kamilia deserve more than that..

Please give KARA a normal promotion cycle and then quite a good rest before making them go back in Japan for another album promotions..

(Aikoo no wonder the girls would feel tired and eventually "complain" to their parents who will misunderstand ecc..)

and for what I heard this will be their 3rd full-lenght album, not a mini one so it deserves a long promotions *sigh*

Well, 3 weeks is better than nothing, but it really feels TOO SHORT.. though if they will go against those others groups rumored to comeback around the same time.. At least I hope for DSP to drop for once their cheap and not-good-at-promoting image.. not cheap MV, beautiful outfits and a bomb song.. Jumping was good, but I'm referring to something big like bomb Mister ? bomb Lupin ?

After ranting, I'll just say that I'm TOO excited already, and that I'll enjoy every single second of those 3 weeks..

Seriously, can't wait !!!! New song, new choreography.. Kara is coming back XD

sidenote: a good gift for K-Kamilia would be to have a 1st SOLO concert at the end of album promotions.. Kara has to hold a 1st solo concert in Korea first then in Japan..

^ haha no need to get worked up. Pretty sure things just got messed up with the dispute and so schedules are off for releases. However, it is important for them to be in Japan at this time. Japan is being over-saturated with k-idols and Kara need to strengthen their presence and try to solidify a name for themselves out of the K-idol market so that they have an actual Japanese fanbase composed of many different demographics before K-pop forces itself out of style in Japan. With new groups debuting every week the Japanese are starting to get irritated. After the k-idol market crashes, which will probably be soon, only one or two groups will be able to survive, Kara needs/should/deserves to be one of those groups. The Japanese are very trendy and as soon as the wave dies down, if Kara doesn't have that diverse demographic they are done for. After all the hard work, I don't think anyone wants to see that happen.

Besides that, the Japanese fans are just as supportive, if not even more supportive at times of Kara than the Korean ones. In terms of promotion vs. popularity, I don't think it's any fault of DSP's or Kara's; both parties have worked extremely hard to give the best MV's and performances that they could give within the scope of their abilities. Besides, a cheap MV is better than an expensive one. Sure it looks good for 4 mins on TV, but when you get billed for the 32 hours it took to make it at a cost of $300,000 suddenly it seems like a gross waste of money. I think DSP is smart with giving the girls MV's that are affordable. A singer should be famous for the songs, not how many costume changes are in the MV. Plus as an old school K-pop fan, I can say that FinKL had some pretty darn cheap MV's and wardrobe but still managed to be the most popular girl group... but back then, kpop wasn't divided like how it is now...

Instead of worrying about the time I just want this comeback to make people see Kara. I want them to comeback with a sound so irresistible that people are forced to support it because it is just that good. For me, the recognition, not the time is the most important. If the song is good, the time is no barrier, a memorable song lives on in peoples hearts and minds forever.

Can't wait for the comeback.. but. Why 3 weeks promotion in Korea? For all we know the Korean audience even us missed them performing on the big three networks. But I understand, at least they're doing their best what's on their schedule :D

Edited by Goddess.Gyuri

since more love can be found in japan, then why not? i have to agree. there's little difference for i-kamilia, but i just feel for the k-kamilia when korea only gets 3 weeks, while japan is getting more and more attentions. imagine myself as one of them (k-kamilia), it's pain to see the girls whom we have been supporting since day 1, have flew frequently to japan, promoting while speaking in their language. not racist or anything but just feel that why we (k-kamilia) can't do just as much? why the j-kamilia can give so much in these few months while we (k-kamilia) can't in the past few years?

of course we don't know what happens behind the scenes and what their schedule is like for the remaining months. so I'm trying to look at it as rationally as possible while trying to satisfy all parties.

1. GGS was released not long ago. they should give some time for j-Kamilia to settle a bit before rushing out a new song. give them time to digest. push it back just 1 month in time for holiday shopping spree.

2. if Korean album is a full, then they should spend more time to promote it. heck i'd start right now and get the entire Korean public, not just Kamilia, to pay attention to Kara's activities. Because we know September there will be very stiff competition with WonSo also making comebacks.

And if comeback is successful that should also carry over to Japan media, and might help with next Japanese album, not that they need it. but like I said above it makes Japanese fans hungrier for our girls.

3. hopefully Kara gets awards in Japan, so they would visit Japan and the fans still get to see them. If Korean comeback is also successful, we might see them at Korean award shows as well. But that depends on the song and promotion effort.

well i'm sure everyone would like to see a comeback from KARA considering how many kpop groups move towards to japan and debut.

giving how long jumping was, just under a year was a really along time ago since KARA produced a korean song so i'm sure everone is excited about their comeback.

i personally don't mind if they're still doing activities in japan as i thoroughly enjoy everything they do, whether if they continue to promote/produce in japan, sure why not.

as long as KARA remain active (which they are), i'm pretty much happy about definitely excitied about the new album/comeback but of course i would like to see them in korea much longer than the giving time but oh well :)

it's obvious, they are more loved and appreciated in japan than in korea.. sure, k-kamilias will always be there, and i really feel sorry for them that they will see Kara for 3 weeks only.. but in japan, it's not only j-kamilias but almost the whole country is supporting them.. fans and even celebrities go crazy over Kara.. i guess this is why japan is their focus for now