[2011.08.07] KARA holds fan meeting at Yokohama Arena, promises to hold a concert in Japan next year

chupachups

KARA has seen much success in Japan since their Japanese debut, topping the Recochoku monthly chart and placing high on other Japanese music charts. On August 6, girl group KARA saw the results of their popularity when they held a fan meeting at Yokohama Arena, a venue that can accommodate up to 17,000 people.

At the beginning of the fan meeting, KARA's Nicole said, "Everyone's hot! Don't you think? Today, let's have fun together!" The girl group then performed 10 songs for their fans, including hit songs like "Mister" and "Go Go Summer".

A game corner was also held during the fan meeting, allowing those who attended to interact with the girls. Later, Nicole promised, "Next year, KARA will have a concert!"

At the Yokohama Arena fan meeting, KARA saw about 10,000 of their fans, making the event the largest they've ever done. An excited Seungyeon began tearing up, saying, "Kamilias are wonders!"

Later this month, KARA will perform at "K-POP ALL STAR Live in Niigata" at the Tohoku Electric Big Swan Stadium in Niigata. They will make their Korean comeback in September.

By: Koreaboo

what's the difference between fanmeet and concert?

besides invited guests and bigger venue, don't they do performances, q&a, handshake etc in both?

be it fanmeet or concert, i want a tour around the region instead.

they did 10 songs? i hope there's a dvd release plan soon.

Concert next yr ? Wow..so envy envy envy J-Kamilias'!! Well i hope they will do kinda asia tour someday ... 17k FANS ...Kara has grown so much ...im so lucky to have known KARA!! ...

Hammies says Kamilia are wonders ...But KARA is WONDERFUL to KAMILIAS! Hwaiting~

I also hope DSP will release DVD

but what's the difference between fan meeting and concert?

i think the difference is fan meeting is soley on greeting and such, and talking about pretty much whatever thats being discussed or news perhaps. probably also have those handshake events (i remember during sweet muse gallery, whey they first debuted in japan)

concert is just basically for them to perform their songs and such.

although my defintion probably isn't 100% accurate but it should follow inbetween those lines! :)

also, yeah seeing them with that amount of people showing up, thats gotta be alot of queuing which is definitely worth the time..

hmm a concert is more theatrical. And for most concerts, special costumes are used. Like at the fan meet, Kara just wear the normal outfits from the MV and such, but in concerts you get a completely new wardrobe that is more dramatic and flashy. Also there is more "performance" involved. You might have a "set" or background for a concert and also props, there are also more dramatic special effects. Concerts also involve some solo songs and things like that. A fan-meet is performing on a tame scale and with more talking involved. it's more intimate and casual compared to the professionalism of a concert. sure you are a professional at a fan-meet but you don't perform at a fan-meet like you would at a concert. You put more "pow" into your performance at a concert. Concerts also last longer.

10.000 people, you guys ;_; I even read somewhere around 12.000 people came...

KARA & Kamilias are jjang, really. Aww Hammie "Kamilias are wonders!" I'm so touched...

I hope if they'd really have a concert next year, the CDs will be sold so at least I can buy! -_-

I watched some news report where Seungyeon was all teary, well... no, everybody had watery eyes. I was so touched! They've come to far... I hope they do a wonderful concert! GO GO KARA, to the Tokyo Dome! (well, first the Budokan!)

http://superiormusic.tumblr.com/post/8623239266/kara-fan-meeting-110808-news-coverage-1-news

^ For the coverage lol XD

Wow 10k-12k just for a fanmeet. Just goes to show that J-Kamilias really do love KARA.

And with that, I just hope their wish of having a concert there or in Korea will come true.

KARA hwaiting!

Great. It's nice to see Kara improves so well :thumbup1:

About the concert, well..that's what fans want, i hope it will really happen. :rolleyes:

Edited by red4summer

yah, i can understand hammie why she always gets emotional during fan meeting.. she also cried at metafriends i think, and the 6/11 fanmeet.. if i got it right, the first fan meeting they had when they were still kara4, only 20 fans attended.. and looking how far they've reached, and those tough times they've been through, yah, u can see why these girls burst into tears during gatherings like this..