[2011.08.11] Top Korean Girl Bands KARA, f(x), miss A and Sistar to Sparkle on Hong Kong's Stage

kara4life

"Top Korean Girl Bands KARA, f(x), miss A and Sistar to Sparkle on Hong Kong's Stage for the First Time with their Hit Songs and Hot Dances on August 23 "K-POP Girls in Love LIVE in HK 2011"!

Top Korean girl bands will gather in Hong Kong to make your summer even hotter! The four heavyweight girl bands - KARA, f(x), miss A and Sistar - will heat up the stage at 8PM on August 23, 2011 (Tuesday) by giving their very best performance to audience in Hong Kong, China and other Asia regions.

It is the first time for the 4 girl bands to perform in Hong Kong in "K-POP Girls in Love LIVE in HK 2011" concert. All the band members are famous for their flawless appearance, perfect singing voices and hot dances. They will each be singing many of their hit songs accompanied with hottest and sexiest dances to all their fans!

KARA, who immediately garnered the spotlight when they debuted in 2007, is currently one of the most popular girl bands in Japan. The band name comes from the Greek word "CHARA", which means joyfulness. KARA's 5 cute members Gyuri, Seungyeon, Nicole, Hara and Jiyoung are the beloved idols of millions fans throughout Asia. Although they have experienced some challenges since their debut, all 5 members have performed up to the fans' expectations and now become the most popular Korea girl band in Japan and the top 5 girl bands in Korea. All the singles they released have entered into the Top 5 in Oricon Chart! KARA swept through Japan with their "Hip Dance" in their single "MR" and millions of fans have learnt the steps of the dance - even the most popular celebrities in Japan imitated their steps too! KARA released their 4th single "Go Go Summer" in Japan at the end of June this year and has sold over 110,000 copies in just one week and ranked 2nd in Oricon Weekly Sales Chart. Beside their singing and dancing skills, the members of KARA have developed as an all-rounded artist by participating in numerous variety shows. Nicole was once the MC of "Star Golden Bell"; Seungyeon is a regular guest for "Quiz! Sixth Sense

YESSSSSSSSSS! finally some action outside of Japan and Korea! Im wishing our fntastic five all the luck in the world!

Hong Kong's fans are so lucky!

Anyways, KARA is top 3! yey! Btw I didn's know Miss A was already a top Girl Group yey! i love them too Lol

GO GO KARA 6 KAMILIA FIGHTING!

well obviously number one is snsd... but last year they ranked the top 5....1. SNSD 2. KARA AHH!!! 3. 2ne1 4.Wondergirls AND i forgot the 5th. I think it was BEG or something

Yes, it's obvious that in Korea SNSD is number 1, and it's definitely a fact that in Japan KARA is number 1 too, so what's your point here? want to show how "good" SNSD is? this is KARA fansite not SNSD fansite, incase you want to start a war please leave the forum to Kamilia, thank you

I wonder how many kamilia there, in Hongkong?

not forgetting those from china, and since they are familiar with the language and place, i'm sure kamilias from china will flock to hongkong for the excellent opportunity to catch the glimpse of the girls. i just worried for the girls, for failing to resist the food temptations there. hahah.

Yeah, KARA is expand their popuarlity. I agree with the article, saying that KARA is the most popular kpop artist in japan. It is very true about that. KARA expand your hoizon, and take Hong Kong by storm. Hopefully hkkamilia would love the girls and start doing the butt dance. I think that the girls are top 3 in korea, not top 5. And since when do you consistent f(X), sistar, and miss a, a heavyweight group. The only one I see that a heavyweight group is KARA, since KARA is one of the best in korea, and the best in japan. So I would say that KARA is more of the powerhouse then the other groups

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

Yeah, KARA is expand their popuarlity. I agree with the article, saying that KARA is the most popular kpop artist in japan. It is very true about that. KARA expand your hoizon, and take Hong Kong by storm. Hopefully hkkamilia would love the girls and start doing the butt dance. I think that the girls are top 3 in korea, not top 5. And since when do you consistent f(X), sistar, and miss a, a heavyweight group. The only one I see that a heavyweight group is KARA, since KARA is one of the best in korea, and the best in japan. So I would say that KARA is more of the powerhouse then the other groups

I agree. Kara needs to expand their popularity into more than just Korea and Japan. Although I would LOVE for them to be considered "numero uno" in their home country and on their home turf, the reality is that it would simply be for bragging right since other countries have much bigger markets and have the possibility of making Kara even more popular in the long run. I'm sure they will get to number one in their home country too, just that it won't be an easy process. Also I think Kara are in the top three too. They have 100% public recognition in Korea and even if Gyuri and Jiyoung didn't get 100% recognition as individuals, their numbers were still really high(like 92% and 89%). Kara is definitely the "powerhouse" group, that's for sure. At least in my opinion.

love all the girl groups

starting to like Sistar a lot these days

but of course i still love Kara more

wish i could see all the girl groups perform

Edited by AZN13TC

I just notice that the amount of views in Kara video message to HK fan is the highest compared to FT Island and Zea. Video of both group had been uploaded a few days before Kara. That means fans in HK really interested in them to perform there.

Lucky Kamilias in Hongkong! I know our girls will perform their best once they're there...

I love how this article puts a little of KARA's biography hehe. & the girls look beautiful in the vid! Love their new hair colors <3

It's awesome to see Kara getting so much love away from their home country! It's also great seeing them paired up with one of my other favorite bands F(x)! It be awesome if the two groups would do a joint performance on stage! That would be jjang! It wouldn't matter what song they did but seeing all ten doing something together would be awesome! Lol

woah! the girls looks lovely...

ham and cole's hair!!!~ waaah, I miss their long hair...

I'm soo happy for them :))

Kamilias in Hongkong are so lucky! can't wait to see them perform again :)

thanks for sharing! ^^