[2009.01.11] Kara: “We want all the girl groups to excel!”

hopelesshong

Kara has become one of the three leading girl groups of today, along with Wonder Girls and SNSD. Kara told us that they wanted all the girl groups to succeed in their own color.

Kara told Joy News 24, “we were able to find our own color in year 2008. Rather than being just pretty like dolls, we wanted to emphasize our natural and ‘free’ image.”

Kara also even told us, “It is true that we are always checking and curious about what the other girl groups are going to bring out next time. But, we also want the other girl groups to succeed rather than thinking of them as our archrivals.”

Even though some people may call these groups rivals, the members are good friends with other groups’ members.

6be4058438d6d2a7623d1fa89f7da05812446500
Park Gyuri and her high school friend, Yoobin, keep in touch and encourage each other. Nicole is a good friend with SNSD’s Hyoyeon and Tiffany.

Seung Yeon also told that she cheered for her Wonder Girls friends by dancing and singing along to Wonder Girl’s Nobody in KM’s SSGB where she is one of the MCs.

“We hope that all the girl groups and their fans to become the best. The three girl groups haven’t really been active at the same time. Because we want to have a fair competition with just returned SNSD, we have been working hard to improve.”

After releasing their second mini album, “Pretty Girl”, Kara has been acquiring a lot of popularity.

Kara told us, “With the member swap, we were able to spread our name with our first mini album, “Rock U”, and we were able to find our own color through our second mini album, “Pretty Girl”. “

In addition, “We want to be known to be remembered as the girl group with natural and carefree image. We want to be known as the group with their own distinct color.”

Lee Hyori’s “U-Go-Girl’s” little version, ‘Pretty Girl’, is gaining a lot of popularity with its catchy melody, Kim Gook Jin’s Ye Ye Ye Dance and fans’ red rubber glove cheering.

source: Joy News 24
Tip Off: Anne! (As always tongue.gif)
translated by Hopelesshong@KARAholic.
CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

yea.. i'm pretty sure that's major typo lol..

nicole's made it known that she's friends with Hyoyeon and Tiffany lol

but yay! :)

mm.. pretty girl is a version of U-go-girl lol..

thanks peter and anne :D

btw.. totally LOVED JiNi in the pic :D ..

but Hara's hand? XD

aw the picture is cute.. xD

okay but i think it's right, what they're saying

it's still music and i don't think that they're all making music in SO many different ways, that they couldn't like it

so it would be just natural to like the music from another group

i would be pleased if kara would record u-go-girl xD because i liked their version of it more

mhh..

sy is friends with hyoyeon and tiffany too??

i always thought it was nicole.. maybe it is wrong.

its great that they are friends with people in the other groups

then they all want each other to do well.

so pretty girl is u-go-girl's little version.. how cute!

Im sure they will improve, and with time Hara and Jiyoung will improve just like Nicole did, from her Break it days untill now. When they will get to know each member even better, I think their harmonization will just be even better then now and KARA will strike the first spot :D

Hope KARA will success to the top!

the article picture is LOVE (L) Jini ^^ hehe

Thnx for the translations :P:D

I love this article : It is so professional from them !

All group deserve to success when we all know how hard they worked for that.

People should just need to compare them and to let them the chance to make a place.

Now this is more like it! Seriously I've had enough of the comparisons made among the 3 of these groups. They all have their own way of showing off their charm anyway. People should really stop arguing about who's the better group because all of them excel in their own way.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...