Reaction to the 'new' Kara, What is it?

Eddie Z

honestly, i didn't pay much attention to them

before. i was like oh it's another band.

i was wayy more into WG.

but then when i heard that they were adding two

new members to the group i was like 'oh let's see what's good about this'.

i liked their catchy song ROCK U.

but honestly i was like eh but slowly it started growing on

me that they were awesome. hahaha.

im officially a kamilia now.

f.y.i: this is the first time that i have joined a

girl group's forum. im surprised. i LOVE it here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was immensely disappointed.

old kara had that edginess that they brought to every performance, even it was for just two songs. they were semi-flirtacious in their performing, but when you can do that fully clothed, I would give mad props. their dancing and synchronization was solid, and sunghee - what more needs to be said?

new kara was a total shock to me. first, cause sunghee left. second, because I really don't like cuteness in the pop industry. I really don't. if a song sounds too cutesy, I'm not going to listen to it, and I choose not to listen to any of the new kara songs. I know a lot of people here are fine with it, but I just can't stand cute concepts for girl groups cause 1) they're annoying for me, 2) they're a dime a dozen. I mean, can you think of another group with a cutesy concept, or have explored a cutesy concept? oh, I don't know, snsd, morning musume, 7 flowers (taiwan)...

At first, I really didn't like their new concept. I liked their old, independent strong young women type concept and was disappointed that they went with cute like a majority of the other girl groups. But surprisingly, it works really well for them and new Kara is just as good as old Kara. (:

• 2 weeks later...

i hated it at first. i thought they should've continued as a trio... because none of the new girl groups these days are trios. and though i like hara and jiyoung very much, still wish kara just went on with 3 girls... but it's okay =) i just dont like the huge concept change from "Fun Pop + A Bit of Hip Hop" to bubble gum pop technoish stuff =[

• 2 weeks later...

I actually hated the new Kara. I really loved that the original had a hip hop feel. When they returned with a concept that was a total 180, I got really upset. I missed the power vocals and Rock U just wasn't working with me. I was upset that Sunghee left and I didn't really like Hara and Jiyoung. I wanted another singer with powerful vocals like Sunghee to join. For a while, I even stopped calling myself a fan. However, I listened to the song more and more and became an even bigger and stronger fan than I was before.

what is this topic suposed to say for us to post??? i dont get it but i guess its about their new styles is it not??? o wells i mma talk about it then..

i thnk theyve improved so much even though sunghee wasnt there to be with them...with the not so popular hit of rock you they have sky rocketed with pretty girl and honey. they have caught the attentions of many people now that they have a new image i guess. they arent as kiddish as before and seem to have matured with their clothin sense...lol im not making sense right now so imma stop hahaha...but i do like their clothing now...they have so much! and they are so pretty too...i want some of the dress for honey for my prom dress hahaha.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new KARA was a total makeover from being mature to somewhat a little more teenage girl group and they really sound good now, this might be because of DSP being more serious about managing their groups since the loss of finkl and due to the competition going on at the Korean music industry today

The new KARA was a total makeover from being mature to somewhat a little more teenage girl group and they really sound good now, this might be because of DSP being more serious about managing their groups since the loss of finkl and due to the competition going on at the Korean music industry today

More serious? Hah!

The reason they "sound good now" (lulz) isn't because they became serious. IMO it's because they knew that when Sunghee left, they had to make or break with their new members, or Kara would basically be finished. Let's be honest here, if Kara couldn't even make it by conforming to girl group norms of being cute/innocent (i.e. "Rock U"), they had no business being in the music industry any longer. For a record label, anyone you can't market - be it through singing, acting, modelling, producing/composing songs for other people - is dead weight. It's dead weight because the contract still has to be honoured unless both parties agree to terminate it (unless South Korea contract laws work differently). And obviously, in hindsight, "Rock U" was enough to keep Kara afloat.

Edited by KARAokeing

• 2 weeks later...

My reaction when i heard .. I was in pure shock .. Im not trying to spread hate or something .. But i've gotten used to hara and i like her alot .. But jiyoung maknae .. :/ I have my doubts >-<;; .. the whole concept i didnt totally agree with .. It was a big difference >_< But yeah.. New KARA .. * The love begins * (:

• 7 months later...

My first reaction wasn't very good. I thought what happend to them?

It made me think that Sunghee should not have left. It made me miss the original KARA.

But as time passed I began to like them more and more. I thought they were pretty good!

Jiyoung and Hara fit in KARA perfectly and are really talented :P

KARA is doing very well these days especially when they released Revolution.

KARA Hwaiting!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

to tell you the truth...

i don't know sunghee that much..

but i really like KARA now..

esp Hara.. <3

after watching some performance of KARA (w/ sunghee)

i think KARA before is great too...

• 2 weeks later...

wow, but you know Hara has become an icon of Kara, since her name is pretty similar too keke

Jiyoung hasnt quite spread her wings quite yet, i think....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im totally cool for it, actually, changing their concept was a great move, because of their change of concept Honey came, and it turned out well, even though we miss the old kara, we gotta admit that they werent doing so well back then and look how much the members, especially Seungyeon suffered during the time, im much more happier for them now! As of 2008 and 2009 the "cute sexy" image was getting more attention, they'd seem out of place with thier old image

Edited by Karabob