[2011.10.19] Japanese 5th Single [Winter Magic]

sweetofuu

KARA's 5th Japanese Single

'Winter Magic'

xfbhf.jpg

Release Date: October 19, 2011

Pop group KARA has announced on their website that they will be releasing their 5th single on October 19th. The single titled, “Winter Magic” will come in three versions, two of them being limited editions.

Limited edition A will be come with a DVD, while limited edition B will come with a photobook. The regular edition will come with a bonus track.

They are also having a special campaign for fans to win KARA goods. More details will be revealed later, but there will be post card applications in all three versions. Check their official site for further information.

tokyohive

Contents:

Jacket A: CD+DVD Limited Edition
k-3.jpg
CD
01. Winter Magic
02. Whisper
03. Winter Magic (Instrumental)
04. Whisper (Instrumental)

DVD
Winter Magic (Music Clip)
Winter Magic (Close-up Ver.)
Winter Magic (Making of[?])

Jacket B: CD+Photo Book(28P) Limited Edition

F.jpg
CD
01. Winter Magic
02. Whisper

Jacket C: CD+Bonus Track Limited Edition
y-1.jpg
CD
01. Winter Magic
02. Whisper
05. Winter Magic (X'mas Ver.) <Bonus track>
*Bonus track will only be included in Limited Edition,
Regular's edition will be sold after Limited Edition is out of stock

Universal Music Japan StoreTower Records Online

UPDATES:

TEASERS:

MUSIC VIDEO:

Edited by flamestalker

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a sweet calm ballad for Winter instead a happy X-mas song, I love the concept, lots of people do cheerful songs and are good, but making another gender like ballad is cool... I will wait for more... (but I think I won't get this one, I won't have money on that time... T_T)

If it a ballad, I think the girls did a great choice in choose to promoted a ballad in japan rather than Korea. I think in japan the girls would get a lot attention for their vocals, and I think ballad song do well in japan. If the girls promotion in korea with a ballad, I would be totally happy. But it could be a hit or miss, so people can be says that KARA can't sing, or some would say that the girls can sing well and has improve. So I like them promotion a ballad in japan. Winter magic does sound like a ballad song.

I really hope it's a ballad. I've always wanted them to promote a ballad as a title track to show off their vocals, but I know that as idols in Korea that it would never happen. The last time they performed a ballad on a music programme was years ago during Prettyy Girl/Honey promotions and I know they've all improved so much since then.

Besides Winter ballads sell really well in Japan and it will make them stand out more against AKB48 who only sing Spring ballads.

Even if it's a rumor, I'm hella excited :D

A BALLAD !!

They can get this kind of chance just in Japan, (in Korea they're mostly looking for catchy songs, which I like, but sometimes a change is good)..

But why October ? Couldn't it be November at least ? Maybe UMJ thought that's the right time for KARA to release something or what ?

It's just that, I wanted STEP promotions to be a bit longer and eventually for the girls to get even just a short rest before promoting in Japan..

BTW.. Can't wait to get more info of this new single, so much for us Kamilia to look forward to, between Korean and Japanese stuff XP

^

it's either:

- step has a part to play for the 5th japanese single (or winter magic).

or

- packed schedules suggested there's no rest time in-between promotions.

imo ballad for a-side, it won't work (in term of sales).

I'm super interested to see how UMJ is gonna pull this 5th single promotion wise off, since their going from Korean promotions straight to Japanese promotions with no spacing in between most likely.

I personal think a ballad is so ingenious of UMJ, that this single could really help Kara's image and generate more casual fans.

Japan eats up ballads like crazy, and if Winter Magic is a hit and well received by the public, this could be a stepping stone.

I remember when Akb48 released Sakura no Shiori and it really helped their public image and create more fans.

So this time the are going for ballad. If they do ballad song, they will surely prove their vocal. I'm sad when there's people said our girls can't sing. Maybe this time they can prove to the haters that their accusation is wrong. I hope they will start promoting at the end of October. I wish the girls will stay strong and healthy during this period time. I didn't want to see them exhausted. KARA fighting!!