[2011.10.19] Japanese 5th Single [Winter Magic]

sweetofuu

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ih8skl

I think you got it wrong mate.

First of all, Kara's JCL and GGS are their best selling singles so far. Both have sold over 200k which is great for any group out there. Furthermore, GGS is a digital monster. GGS was #1 for 3 weeks in RIAJ digital chart making Kara one of only the 10 artists to ever achieve that. And the first foreign group to do so. General people loved GGS and JCL as people in Japan love cute.

Second of all, Japan loves ballads. Group ballad or solo's Japan loves it all. Especially seasonal ballads. Unlike Korea where releasing a ballad can be suicidal for an idol group. For example THSK released more ballads than dance tracks in Japan but in Korea I don't think they ever promoted a ballad.

Third of all, people these days underestimate Kara's talents and releasing this ballad single might just prove to general public Kara are not just pretty faces but people with talent as well.

Overall I think UMJ is doing the right thing. Kara are already known to general public so by releasing a ballad might bring new fans!!!!

I second your sentiment ForeverKamilia. Korea prefer idol groups to stick with the upbeat dance tracks, though they can be quite hypocritical at times, an addictive upbeat track with terrible to mediocre vocals equals to mass popularity, while a soothing ballad with strong to powerhouse vocals equal lackluster or lukewarm reception. Either one there's something that Korean will complain about.

But back to UMJ's strategy for Kara, I really appreciate that they are actually trying to promote Kara as a legitimate J-Pop artist rather than another foreign group trying to break in the Japanese market momentarily. I'm not quite familiar with the J-Pop scene but from what I've heard or seen, true Japanese artist releases seasonal singles, and Kara has already begun their transformation through Go Go Summer and now, hoping the rumors are true, a winter ballad.

Just like how they renew their transformation with Kara5, they're starting off with a fresh and innocent image and slowly evolve in to a true Japanese group with each single and album that they release in the future. And honestly, anything that promotes their vocal talents more and slowly move away from their bodies the better. I'm really excited to see what UMJ has plans for them this winter. After watching and listening to 今、贈りたい「ありがとう」, I really can't wait for their next ballad and many others to come.

I'm glad they are going into ballads now! They all have suitable voices for ballads and especially after I heard seungyeon's Warrior baekdongsoo OST I was all hype up for a KARA ballad! There's a lot of market for a ballad in Japan, and I believe that it'll be a really smooth fusion seeing as KARA's songs has always been kpop (or jpop) focused but never too auto tuned or digital.

lol, after unknownidiot analysis, i have become a english-speaking korean.

seriously i don't like ballad as much as upbeat kpop.

even kara manages to sell platinum in first week, there shouldn't even be comparison but that's just me.

looks like i'm going to stay low during oct.

If it really is a winter themed song, then I think a ballad would be much more appropriate than a dance song. I don't know about your countries, but in the USA most of the classic winter songs are slow to mid tempo songs full of nostalgia and warmth. Don't forget that if KARA is to be in Japan for the long haul, they can't just be singing the same style of songs all the time. Considering IOA made it to #17 on the RIAJ digital chart despite being a b-side, I think a well composed ballad could be very successful for KARA.

another seasonal single ?

and it's probably a ballad ?

the way UMJ&DSP are promoting KARA screams: "We are here to stay!!"

while others, unfortunately for them, will have to go back in Korea after the Hallyu wave will fade (harsh but true)..

with "Winter Magic", KARA will gain more fans(..and casual fans), build a better image among the general public and show off their beautiful voices..

Great Move !! :thumbup:

I think KARA can pull off a ballad well, and since Japan market is open to such a move, it'll help our bbs expand. I like the ballads in STEP. I trust that they will release something worth Kamilia's pride. I trust KARA. If they agree to release a ballad, then a ballad it is :P

Hmm.........I want to give the girls more time to rest.

Really, these girls are so so busy!

As for a ballad, I think it's a lovely idea, but should be pushed to November for "Winter".

This will be a great chance for the girls to show off their vocals! Because Kara has great vocals! well.......4 out of 5 (sorry but I really think Hara can't sing, but still love her :blushing: )

I get so pissed when I see comments on youtube or news saying stuff like "KARA can't sing" or "KARA got voted as the most horrible singing group" because I know it's not true.

Well, these comments are mostly from some blind horrible sones..........(I know there are nice sones here :rolleyes: )

KARA's 5th Japanese Single

'Winter Magic'

tumblr_lqq4h3pOio1qcbmeno1_500.gif

GIF CR: SARANGHAEOBSESSIONS

Release Date: October 19, 2011

Contents:

Jacket A: CD+DVD Limited Edition

CD

01. Winter Magic

02. Whisper

03. Winter Magic (Instrumental)

04. Whisper (Instrumental)

DVD

Winter Magic (Music Clip)

Winter Magic (Close-up Ver.)

Winter Magic (Making of[?])

Jacket B: CD+Photo Book(28P) Limited Edition

CD

01. Winter Magic

02. Whisper

Jacket C: CD+Bonus Track Limited Edition

CD

01. Winter Magic

02. Whisper

05. Winter Magic (X'mas Ver.) <Bonus track>

*Bonus track will only be included in Limited Edition,

Regular's edition will be sold after Limited Edition is out of stock

ⓅⓇⒺⓄⓇⒹⒺⓇ
::
Universal Music Japan Store
Tower Records Online

UPDATES:

TEASERS:

MUSIC VIDEO:

Updated version of the first post, but put it in the first post, please. ^^

thanks guys, finally it has confirmed. i will update accordingly.

we fans are in for a treat, while step has just only begun its comeback yesterday, the next japanese single is to be released in a month time. indeed karaful till end of year.

Whisper is most likely going to be a ballad too..... we'll see. So far I'm really impressed, can't wait to see what UMJ and KARA have in store for us :D

P.S. Is there any competition on October 19th? It would be great if KARA can clinch the #1 spot again:)

Whisper is most likely going to be a ballad too..... we'll see. So far I'm really impressed, can't wait to see what UMJ and KARA have in store for us :D

P.S. Is there any competition on October 19th? It would be great if KARA can clinch the #1 spot again:)

Their competition for the 19th is NMB48, their last single sold 200k in the first week, so 2nd place isn't so bad :D

Wow~~ Our Girls need to compete with NMB48? Great! It will be great competition btw~ :thumbup:

Last time they compete with Hey! Say! JUMP who happened to be my favorite and only loved J-boys XP

and now our girls have to compete with one of the LARGEST girlgroup in Japan~ :thumbup1:

2nd place is good enough, but if they have opportunity to take the 1st it will be marvelous! :D

Edited by Azure_09

I have a feeling Winter Magic will be an upbeat christmas-y jpop concept while Whisper is a ballad track. Both sound interesting judging from the title of the songs. I love ballads :) And of course in typical UMJ fashion there are 3 versions of the single for my wallet to cry :P

I'm very excited for this new single! I'm just a new fan and I can't wait to listen to their new songs and see more of Kara. I really enjoyed JCL and GGS as their recent Japanese singles. I'm in love with their new Korean album too. A ballad would be nice but I hope there is an upbeat song too. But, either will be fine. I really can't wait to hear more! :)

Kara Fighting!