[2011.10.19] Japanese 5th Single [Winter Magic]

sweetofuu

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are worried about the amount of promotion winter magic has been getting but I think it's all in umj's plan.. :ph34r:

I mean it can't be that they CAN'T get on the shows. Or book schedules. I mean, who wouldn't want our girls on their show(btw, i'm hoping they'll get to go on tokyo friends again ^^ hehe, our girls didn't do so hot last time x3) Or that their PV wasn't done on time.

I think everyone shouldn't worry too much about that and just spazz about the PV <33

Every single they release they always change something up like when Jumping came out they stopped going on shows with their performing outfits and wore dresses and fashion and such.

And Jet Coaster Love & Go Go Summer were used as songs for what they're endorsing ^^

And I don't want Kara to ALWAYS be promoting. ALWAYS have to promote to make their single a big hit. I want people to just see a small promotion.. Maybe on the news or something and be like "Omg, I should preorder it already!" But this is all in my opinion. Cuz all this worrying makes me feel like people doubt our girls popularity.. Though it is doubt able to some people. I don't wanna do that. I could be proved wrong.. But I'd rather post up "Looks like their sales weren't that hot this time" then "Omg, I'm so surprised this single sold so much more than the first week of Go Go Summer! I was so worried >.<"

y'know? but this is all my opinion of course~

I think maybe because this time the single is a ballad song not as their previous song. Mister was heavily promoted because it's their first single debut. Jumping was promoted along with their Girl's Talk album. For Jet Coaster love and Go Go Summer, both of this songs were been used as a CF songs which totally explain why we got the previews early. As their previous songs, they were dance songs so the teasers had been released early to show some dance move but for Winter Magic, this is a ballad song that we need just a PV to promote it. Some people are worried maybe because Kara is the first girl group during this Kpop boom in Japan that promote ballad song not the dance song as their single. For me, it is a good thing because they can show the other side of them which is emphasize more on vocal rather than just dance song. They will have another time to promote dance song. I also heard that idol group who sing ballad song will gather more public fan not just Kpop fan in Japan. As a result of their sales, i don't really mind because i know that they work hard so i just want to enjoy every single moment of it :thumbup1:

Argh..again it came out while I'm sleeping hehe ...So cute !! I cant wait for the full one tmr ... :thumbup:

However we should not worry too much about how well Winter Magic is doing ..I think its a great idea ..People will get to to know more sides of KARA this way...& UMJ is so daring letting KARA trying Ballad this time..I hope it will do well as like JCL & GGS ..

For me i like it immediately when I heard this song..:) it seems people are worrying too much that Winter Magic might not doing as great as their other singles..Well i have faith in our girls ..Fighting! aww...i wanna stay in that town now.... :eyelove: would be nice if they feature the PV with a guy & a more storyline..something like Wanna hehe

Edited by ELJunRa

The PV looks sooo cute~! I'm really looking forward to KARA's promotion period. :)

At first, I wasn't the biggest fan of the song, but it's growing on me. Also matched with the pretty PV, I'm starting to like it a lot more. hehe. :D

Argh..again it came out while I'm sleeping hehe ...

LOLz me too!

I like this move, it's daring and breaks the mould so to speak. I think Ima, Okuritai Arigatou was also well received. In the news vids, the hosts seem to like watching the teasers.

As for the PV, it doesn't look like a story-based PV but I can't find it in my heart to complain. They all look cute and gorgeous!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah :ahh: Gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS! Let me set the record straight for all of you. KARA in winter clothes > KARA in summer clothes. If anybody thinks girls have to show skin to look pretty, just watch this video.

I avoided this thread cuz I didn't want to tempt myself to listen to the audio only. For my first listen of a song I like to hear it along with the PV. Since I can't understand Korean or Japanese it helps give me a better idea of the meaning and mood of the music. Gotta say, I really like Winter Magic. Just a simple and sweet melody with the highlight of the song being the singing parts and not some instrumental hook. Personally I can only take so many 3 minute electro dance pop songs. WM is exactly the type of song KARA is best at.