[2011.10.19] Japanese 5th Single [Winter Magic]

sweetofuu

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually this seems quite plausible, a few days ago I was actually thinking they where going to release an album soon

because they just released 3 singles, and to end off the promotions with UMJ they will have their final album with them

this November. Anyways can't wait! Do you guys think UMJ will give them a tour? I REALLY think they should tour before switching

companies!!!!

Anyways prediction results:

First day: 45k

First week: 110k~

I agree, I have been expecting a new album from Kara before the end of this year since it has been stated that their contract with UMJ will end next year yet they still have one more album to end their contract.

I wonder what company will they join next after DSP. It will be great if they stay in UMJ.

I also hope they can make a tour in Japan. ^_^ That would've been great!

My prediction:

1st Day - 50K

1st week - 150K

I really hope this single will sell well. Kara fighting!

Jumping+Girls' Talk was never bad to begin with >.<

If I remember, I was just greedy and predicted too high. But their sales still had an increase from their last one.

mister's first week: 29,238 jumping's first week: 54,977

and i hope they release an album by the end of the year :gemnoway: it might be just a rumor but I remember UMJ wanted to release an album(i read it in an article)...but then winter magic appeared :gemduh:

so im clueless on timing and fooeyy and releasing stuff.. Ehhh, I don't mind UMJ doing what they want.. They've helped KARA gain so much success so far. Soo.. what they want to do, OKAY. UMJ can release a kpop-ish sounding sound. But no, they release a song oozing with jpop sound. they must be doin' something! i dunno, im not the one with the company x3

The only thing that'll make me oppose to what they want is our KARA girl's health :gemcry: From Gyuri's tweets it looks like they have so much schedule... They even started looking tired at the end of Step promotions. :gemangry: Hope they get enough rest~

Jumping+Girls' Talk was never bad to begin with >.<

If I remember, I was just greedy and predicted too high. But their sales still had an increase from their last one.

mister's first week: 29,238 jumping's first week: 54,977

I never said it was bad~ It's just that Jumping didn't sell as well as it could have due to Girls' Talk release. It is also one of KARA's least consistent Japanese releases on the charts - Jumping had higher 1st week sales but in the end Mr still sold more. So overall Jumping is a very successful single, but many fans bought Girls' Talk instead (which enjoyed longevity on the charts in addition to its monster 1st week sales).

It's likely that the same will happen to Winter Magic, but we'll see.

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

@YOBI: You're right. Health should come first. I hope that for 2012 or for the most part of WM's promo, they can stick to one country for a while. Sort of like TVXQ. It's sad, but I think it's the best.

At least there's still Whisper and a bonus song + photobook/dvd to help with sales. With Jumping's case, Girls Talk was already announced. Kara's album isn't confirmed yet. It could even be released in 2012. I don't think the fans are not going to buy this single for an album that isn't even being confirmed for release.

What the heck? DSP took down the MV for Winter Magic :piss: What nonsense. Is the communication between DSP and UMJ so poor that they can't even be on the same page about where/whether to upload a simple internet video?

What the heck? DSP took down the MV for Winter Magic :piss: What nonsense. Is the communication between DSP and UMJ so poor that they can't even be on the same page about where/whether to upload a simple internet video?

Maybe DSP wanted to help promote KARA to international fans while UMJ is against it. Weird.

Since Kara's J-activities are under UMJ, it's probably under UMJ's right to post the video (?). I think like with BoA, her K-mv are in SM's youtube page, but her Japanese pv are under Avex's page.

Also, Japan is more strict about the distribution of mv and songs. Perhaps it's to get people to hear about the song and let them be aware of it. And the only way to now watch the mv or listen is to buy the single and increase their sales for the single. Personally, if that was true I think it'd make sense.

how can we blame dsp for taking down wm? wm doesn't belong to dsp, umj has the rights.

so in the first place dsp was taking risk for all fans by putting it up when somehow umj is against it or thereafter reversed its stand?

hence we should be grateful toward dsp for uploading instead.

or maybe things aren't going well between them as it appears..

Since Kara's J-activities are under UMJ, it's probably under UMJ's right to post the video (?). I think like with BoA, her K-mv are in SM's youtube page, but her Japanese pv are under Avex's page.

Also, Japan is more strict about the distribution of mv and songs. Perhaps it's to get people to hear about the song and let them be aware of it. And the only way to now watch the mv or listen is to buy the single and increase their sales for the single. Personally, if that was true I think it'd make sense.

I agree with you. I feel sorry for DSP but they should work it out with UMJ. Maybe DSP will no longer upload the mv as UMJ is against it and UMJ is the one in charge of promoting KARA in Japan and they have done a great job at that. DSP tries to promote KARA to international fans but could only use songs which are released in Korea.

Besides the single is yet to be released, maybe UMJ is worried that less people would buy the single with the mv in it if it showcased on youtube. Mister and Jumping was uploaded after months of its release, that explains why it was put on youtube but not Jet Coaster Love, Go Go Summer and Winter Magic.

How difficult can it be for 2 companies to say, hey we'll upload Korean MV's on the DSP channel and you'll upload the Japanese MV's on the UMJ channel? Given UMJ's history of NOT EVER uploading KARA's japanese MV's, surely SOMEONE at DSP knew not to put up Winter Magic without contacting UMJ first right?

I think the strategy is simple. DSP is simply putting it up for a limited time period to get ppl hooked on the MV. When the period is over, either you buy the single to get the PV or you have to be satisfied with your downloaded version.

Most ppl would just buy the single to get the PV (which also includes the close-up version not released online) in 1080p and without the color test at the start heh.

====================================================================================

About Jumping+Girl's Talk. That is usually the way albums are promoted. You have a lead-in single to the album which in this case is Jumping. If it's a lead-in single, nobody cares about the single sales, since the important thing is the album sales.

In the case of WM, the time period between its release and the release of Super Girl (KARA's 2nd Japanese album) is too far apart to be considered a lead-in single. So there will be expectation for another new title-track in the 2nd album.

At the moment, rumors seems to indicate that the Super Girl seems more like a compilation album (with the inclusion of both Mr and Jumping in the album, and even Step) then a new album, which would indicate that DSP is probably not renewing their contract with UMJ, and thus there is no effort put into doing up a whole new 2nd album, but rather UMJ is milking KARA's contract for all it's worth before it ends.

We will know whether this rumor holds water once the tracklist for the 2nd album comes out.

======================================================================================

Now for the prediction game

1st day: 30-40K

1st week: 75-100K

WM is totally being released out of season, and isn't being as heavily promoted as GGS (no cm tie-in too). I just hope it will stay long on the charts and actually pick up sales when winter gets nearer heh.

Edited by grainy

At the moment, rumors seems to indicate that the Super Girl seems more like a compilation album (with the inclusion of both Mr and Jumping in the album, and even Step) then a new album, which would indicate that DSP is probably not renewing their contract with UMJ, and thus there is no effort put into doing up a whole new 2nd album, but rather UMJ is milking KARA's contract for all it's worth before it ends.

We will know whether this rumor holds water once the tracklist for the 2nd album comes out.

Sorry, may I know where did this rumour come from? If this rumour is true, then what company will KARA sign with? Cause in Japan right now, I think only Avex and Johnny are bigger than UMJ....

Edited by fantomas

Sorry, may I know where did this rumour come from? If this rumour is true, then what company will KARA sign with? Cause in Japan right now, I think only Avex and Johnny are bigger than UMJ....

Johnny is not a music publishing company. It's a music agency just like DSP. Anyway the rumors came from the chinese forums.

There are speculations that DSP might sign with Sony Music, but it's all just baseless rumors at this point. I think if DSP is smart they will re-contract with UMJ. The working relationship has been established and UMJ has a good handle on how to market KARA after a year. The potential with UMJ is far greater than any immediate monetary gain DSP can get by signing a new contract with some other company.

======================================================================================

WM is totally being released out of season, and isn't being as heavily promoted as GGS (no cm tie-in too). I just hope it will stay long on the charts and actually pick up sales when winter gets nearer heh.

This is interesting if the rumors are correct, however, has Super Girl been confirmed as an album that is coming out? I thought it was still just a rumor. It's still not available for pre-order on any major sites yet so I'm still a little skeptical about whether or not "Super Girl" is really going to materialize. Also, how are people coming up with this info about it being a compilation album? I honestly hope it's not a compilation album, I don't know how well a compilation album would sell when Kara ALREADY released a best album, and the sales of their singles and Girls Talk is still going strong meaning that most people/fans already have all these things or are steadily buying them.

About the agency thing, while Sony Music is one of the best,I truly hope that DSP stays with UMJ. UMJ already knows Kara and the girls are familiar with the UMJ staff, also UMJ seems to have a good handle on marketing the girls in Japan. All Kara really needs with this contract renewal is a tour requirement and a larger singing amount and people are already speculating that they could sign for about $8.5 million and if the girls get half, that's about 2.5 million a year for them to split between the five of them (about $500,000 ea.)just from signing alone. I hope they can negotiate something good with UMJ.

Edited by GooBurberrHara

After all grainy wrote I think it seems the writing is on the wall and DSP will not be renewing with UMJ. As long as KARA signs with another big label I guess it's fine but I can't help but be a bit nervous about a company switch. Unlike DSP, UMJ has done a wonderful job of promoting KARA in Japan. We can't simply assume another company would be just as competent. At the end of the day it's probably a money issue and DSP will contract with whichever label offers them the most money. Hopefully it's a LOT because otherwise it wouldn't be worth it for KARA to get a little bit more money in the short term at the cost of long term success.