[2011.10.19] Japanese 5th Single [Winter Magic]

sweetofuu

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the girls have a say in what company that they would join in, they would probably stick to UMJ. But if you think about it UMJ is so big, maybe they would just say that they are still stick with UMJ just with a different branch of UMJ. But I think that UMJ is the best bet to go with, since they promotion KARA for a year now, they know how to promote KARA. I know a lot of companies are fight for KARA,but I think they may stick to it, since Rainbow is still in UMJ. So they may just stick it out again. I think I rather the girls be in UMJ rather than avex(if thought avex has a lot of good talent, just don't really like what happen with DBSK).

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

not saying they are leaving umj but why don't you guys think that the girls (& their advisers) have the say to decide which to sign too? why not umj is making things difficult for dsp and kara? just because where they have brough kara to and hence umj is the only god in japan? why everytime it must be only the bad dsp? and why it's always all about money coming into dsp? how much you guys at the other end know? if the discrimination never stops, it'll always be the fault of dsp!

i know nothing too but i always remember the words gyul mum said, and i believe in it!

if eventually dsp and kara are not re-signing with umj, it's a pity but it isn't because of greed (from DSP, kara and whoever)!

^we will know everything when the time has come.

btw, here's preview of Whisper--> http://radenoactive.tumblr.com/post/11646497765/romantica89-kara-whisper-full-ver-kara-never

IT'S AMAZING AND SO CATCHY. I REALLY WANT THEM TO PERFORM THIS SONG PLEASE. It's a waste lol the put it in b-side.

^

I know it was good why can't they make it a double side A single that way we could hear this live too.

This is one of the reason why I like KARA all their songs are actually good or should I say just to my taste!

Whatever they may decide abut their contract all I wish is that the girls has a say on it.

Here's hoping for a good day sale......

^

my prediction is coming true .... unfortunately .... (waiting for official announcement on Oricon heh)

ok official numbers came out and KARA is indeed in #4.

Edited by grainy

Wha...what D:

This was unexpected. I hope their longevity will help in the following days >__<

I guess this is because of the lack of promotion, and Japanese ppl don't like the song that much. But then again, I've heard from many Jpop fans that Oricon sales are mostly from fans, digital charts = public. So what does this mean :unsure: , maybe it's partly bc of the rumored album too?

Ah well that's too bad. As was mentioned before many times this single has lacked in promotions. MV was released extremely late and no CF tie in and a lot less TV appearances than last time around. Then there's the matter of Winter Magic not being a dance-pop song. I guess the public just doesn't like songs without choreography and hooks. Also, this song is being released 2 months too early. I mean it's called Winter Magic after all. Oh well hopefully Winter Magic will have strong staying power like JCL and GGS did.

Edited by gyuriFTW

well,after their 5th singles, i don't really mind about the sales now.there must be ups and downs everywhere right?Kara still in the process of becoming a true Jpop artist just not Kpop artist that basically translate all their songs into japanese and later spread news that they had break records etc. Even with the Japanese artist, they still sell well. Kara also has been known on Japan and believe me most of the Kpop groups that flooding Japan right now will gone when the kpop fever is gone or fading. Futhermore, this single is compose by Japanese producer and this is a step further in their Japanese industry. What we should do now is to looking forward to their upcoming release and what they can bring to us. Don't need to worry about sales. Just cheer up.....

At first, I was defintely disappointed, cause I was hoping that the girls would do so good on the chart. It was so unexpected that the girls would be 4th, I would understand if there were a lot of good competition, but still they got beat by cn blue who only sold 35K to get number 3. But then I realize that the girls can't always exceed our predicated, we can predicate all we want, but it still come down to the general public. And you always win some lose some, that just life. You can't always win in life, so maybe this is like a step stone. U don't think that boa and dbsk didn't have their ups and down, and bad single records. Just maybe gave it time, and see if it can last long on the chart, or see how it is tomorow. But I do agree that maybe it just bad promotion, and it the wrong timing for the song. Or japanese kamilia believe that the girls are release an japanese album, and save up money for it. Since the girls seem to have high album sell, then single sells. And you can't forget that the girls also release the all about beauty dvd, and you know how expensive dvd are.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

LOL...Go back KOREA ? Japan get sick of KARA ...? haha -_- suprising reading these comments from fellow Kamilias'

It seems a lot of fans dissapointed with the 1st day sales.Im not really dissapointed thou ...I think its already good that they are still in the chart & for me this is also an achievement. Hey KARA is promoting as a Jap Artist somemore..unlike some idol groups keeep on doing remakes of their korean songs..& their fans will say their idol break this record that record...lol..

Is whisper that nice ? lol ...never heard it yet...im trying not to..Waiting for my album to reach me soon..... :lol:

Edited by ELJunRa

well, it's a bump on the road and it is still early, they might regain some ground. The low sales could mean many things. It's a ballad, not winter yet, who knows. I'm sure it'll be analized by those in charge. Let's see what happens in the next few days. I just hope they, somehow go up at least a little bit. Maybe #2? Hope springs eternal.

There's nothing to be disappointed about. I expected this actually(kind of). Honestly, the circumstances surrounding the release of this single are not too optimistic, and it does seem that UMJ has not put in much effort in its promotion compared to the other singles. And releasing a winter single in october? Isnt that a bit too early? Nonetheless, I think this is a really good song, and makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe it will gain traction when winter really comes? Who knows?

Kind of sad they took the video down, after all the more people that can watch and hear the new song the better. Sad they didn't do better on the charts but like people have said it's not really christmas yet. Hopefully it'll get more airplay around december time?

Before I go all dramatic, I'll wait for the next day sales ;)

This single does seem rushed, I wonder why... I thought that it's because of the rumored album and the contract ending soon, but if it's a compilation album... Maybe it's a compilation album with a new title track to promote :D

Also, I got the impression (I don't know, maybe it's only me) - that the public seems to be more interested in Step. People were teased with an awesome dance song and maybe Step outshined calm and simple Winter Magic. Seeing the response for Step in Japan I wished it was a double-track like Jumping - one version for Korea, the other one for Japan. But it seems that the choice for single songs was made some time ago, before the Step planning/concept <--- I'm just guessing here.

I did translate a few comments on Step from youtube (with google translation, so it wasn't the most accurate translation ever XD) and the fans wished in those commnents for a similar song in Japan. You know - catchy, with awesome choreo and an epic MV. Winter Magic is just too quiet compared to what was making the fandom go wild during those few last weeks.

But! Fear not. If the single sells consistently - all will be well after all. And if it doesn't - I guess experienced people are running this business and they'll know what to do for Kara's next release in Japan ;)

Edited by junna

well I think it just shows that Kara still aren't yet to the popularity where they can release a ballad and have it sell really, really well. They still need to keep promoting and getting the Kara name out there. Also, as has been stated, winter magic is about 2 months too early but still, this isn't a horrible number and Kara has good consistency. Let's see how the week goes and we can take it from there.