[2011.10.19] Japanese 5th Single [Winter Magic]

sweetofuu

KARA 's Winter Magic Sales the last 4 days:

1st: 32k+

2nd: 17k+

3rd: 8k+

4th: 5k7

So total sales of 4 days about 63-65k. If it continues like this, KARA has a huge chance to stay in top 3 this week (No.1 NMB 48, No.2 Bump of Chicken already cement their spot) with the sales about 80k. Less than us expect but not too bad for No.3 position :)

p/s: If UMJ release this single 1 or 2 week earlier, with this sales KARA will be No.1 LOL

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it's really been hot in here for the past few days when I wasn't around.

I really don't think we should be worrying so much about how well this single does on the charts. I mean, is every thing about competition and sales only? So many of the previous posts have stated ample reasons about why this single has physical sales not up to par of KARA's previous releases, so it really doesn't mean KARA's popularity is falling in Japan.

Even if it is falling at all, so what? Just continue supporting and loving KARA and their music. Unpopular KARA is still the KARA we love, isn't it? Or are we supporting KARA just because they are already popular? And it's unrealistic to have every single doing exceptionally well, not that WM isn't doing well since its dominating the charts digitally. That means people still listen to WM, just not buying the physical single. That means WM appeals to them, only that they're opting for a cheaper method to listen to the song since they may not have enough money due to the many prior releases before this without a longer gap.

I really don't see why so many are claiming WM isn't doing well. If anything, I think its quite popular already in Japan despite being out-of-season.

On a positive note, we never know if WM, which is released out-of-season, may come back and be a hit during the winter. Who knows if the sales will suddenly spike when the season comes?

Very well said. I couldn't have said it better. Totally agree with everything said above. I mean, we can talk about all the reasons that we can think of why KARA's WM sales is not at par with their previous singles, we can worry and think that KARA's popularity is depreciating in Japan, actually we can think about all sorts of stuffs but at the end of the day, we all still support our girls right? So like what I've always said, let's just continue to have faith in our girls. I'm sure they'll do well, better yet they'll do great! :thumbup:

Incoming chart spam! Sorry for the delay but life's been really busy recently and I lost all my bookmarks when I got a new computer :/

Xjf3A.jpg

^^^I think this is the Chaku Uta full ranking but there's a discrepancy with this site and the chart Tokyohive posted. This one says KARA 2nd and Jay'edxJUJU 4th, while Tokyohive has Jay'edxJUJU 2nd and KARA 3rd.^^^^

AiT1m.jpg

XEz0s.jpg

Tpo1p.jpg

4utlj.jpg

10/18 - #4

10/19 - #2

10/20 - #3

10/21 - #3

So it looks like #3 or #4 for the weekly right? Maybe around 70k sales? Such rotten luck. Other groups always get higher chart positions despite selling less.

Edited by gyuriFTW

I just had a thought, that when KARA promote this single it mostly on interview. Since the girls are not really perform this song as much as the other singles. The only time the girls perform this single so far, to me are music station, soon music lovers, and music japan. I think that maybe when KARA release the full album in november, the girls may perform this song full promotion like the other single. Since I think it could help if they promote this song along with the album, so that the girls would be promote two different thing. Plus if the album is schedule to release in november, it would be close to winter. So the girls would be promote the album, but perform WM. I don't know it just a thought. I think I gone crazy, and overthink it.

Wow, it's really been hot in here for the past few days when I wasn't around.

I really don't think we should be worrying so much about how well this single does on the charts. I mean, is every thing about competition and sales only? So many of the previous posts have stated ample reasons about why this single has physical sales not up to par of KARA's previous releases, so it really doesn't mean KARA's popularity is falling in Japan.

Even if it is falling at all, so what? Just continue supporting and loving KARA and their music. Unpopular KARA is still the KARA we love, isn't it? Or are we supporting KARA just because they are already popular? And it's unrealistic to have every single doing exceptionally well, not that WM isn't doing well since its dominating the charts digitally. That means people still listen to WM, just not buying the physical single. That means WM appeals to them, only that they're opting for a cheaper method to listen to the song since they may not have enough money due to the many prior releases before this without a longer gap.

I really don't see why so many are claiming WM isn't doing well. If anything, I think its quite popular already in Japan despite being out-of-season.

On a positive note, we never know if WM, which is released out-of-season, may come back and be a hit during the winter. Who knows if the sales will suddenly spike when the season comes?

Great post! You said everything I wanted to say. Rankings and sales aren't everything and KARA are still doing just as well or better than many established acts in Japan. I thnk fans got greedy because their previous couple of singles sold well. WM might not have sold as much first week as their previous songs but they and their management took a bit of a risk releasing a balllad but the it has still sold well, is also doing well digitally and has allowed the group to try something different. There is also the chance that the single might have longevity and stick around the charts.

12,201 BUMP OF CHICKEN

*6,414 KARA

*4,437 NMB48

倉木麻衣

Acid Black Cherry

CNBLUE

L'Arc~en~Ciel

KARA is number 2 yay, i can't wait to see the sales in total of the week. Position wise KARA is doing good, there're consistent. KARA just need more promotion

I have another thought here. Winter Magic this time really lacks of promotions because:

1. Contract issues with DSP, maybe UMJ is milking KARA and don't want to put it too much effort to promote this single.

2. UMJ want to test the "real" popularity of KARA in Japan. So far, almost every single and album of KARA (and other Kpop artists) were promoted heavily. I think this time UMJ want to "check" and see whether Japanese really consider KARA Jpop group or not :)

p/s: I saw 1 comment in this thread "Japan is tired of KARA, KARA should go back to Korea" and like "what the h...?" Seriously? This comment came from a Kamilia? So you just support KARA because they famous? For god sake.....

Looking at their daily ranking upto now, KARA has a great chance of getting the 3rd spot in Oricon's Weekly ranking (well, 1st and 2nd rank are pretty much out of the question already). Being in the top three is great considering that they have tough competition. KARA HWAITING!!! :thumbup:

^

lol, that's kinda random thoughts but anything can happened. Just we don't know what happened behind the scene. Actually, i can't wait to see the effect of weekend boost, hopefully, it will bring some surprise to us.

about the comment, i didn't take it seriously. It's either came from member who were catching their post counts or doesn't know much about giving a proper thoughts in this discussion.

I have another thought here. Winter Magic this time really lacks of promotions because:

1. Contract issues with DSP, maybe UMJ is milking KARA and don't want to put it too much effort to promote this single.

2. UMJ want to test the "real" popularity of KARA in Japan. So far, almost every single and album of KARA (and other Kpop artists) were promoted heavily. I think this time UMJ want to "check" and see whether Japanese really consider KARA Jpop group or not :)

p/s: I saw 1 comment in this thread "Japan is tired of KARA, KARA should go back to Korea" and like "what the h...?" Seriously? This comment came from a Kamilia? So you just support KARA because they famous? For god sake.....

i checked and believe you have misinterpreted, i don't think the member has those thougths in mind. :)

about promotion, i have seen advertisements put up on buses and shibuya street. it's just that they are not shared here.

I see people are still a bit worried. DON"T BE!!! Kara is doing fine with sales, and the number seem to be very consistent. For something so out of season, it's doing very nicely and the public seem to be taking to it well despite that fact. Kara doesn't have to hit 100k sales in the first week for a single to mean success, in the music industry it's all about the longevity. If Kara can stay on the chart in a good position for a decent amount of time, I think it will be like GGS where in the end, the compensation for lower first day numbers, is a higher selling single. Like someone else commented, we love Kara for Kara, not because they are popular or sell X amount of albums, we Kamilia aren't bandwagon fans who go where the album sales and popularity are, we have been with Kara through ALOT worse than sales below 100K....Don't worry everyone, the best part of making it to the top is looking back on all the bumps and bruises you got on the way there.

I really like Winter Magic and it was a nice idea to release a ballad for once ! About the sales...I think they did quite good for something out of season and even if the sales are lower than their previous singles...KARA still keep showing consistency on chart and to me it is the most important.

I know that we are used to big sales but Kamilia have to keep positive mind and faith in KARA. The rumored next album doesn't help a lot either...just wait and see how good their next album would do instead of beeing so negative !

10,016 BUMP OF CHICKEN

*5,794 KARA

*3,782 NMB48

Acid Black Cherry

CNBLUE

藍井エイル

i think it's safe to say that KARA is going to be on the Top 3 weekly

Definitely will, KARA gonna be in No.3 position with the sales around 80-83k :)

265,435 NMB48

153,381 BUMP OF CHICKEN

78,148 KARA

71,200 CNBLUE

49,507 Acid Black Cherry

Lol, our earlier prediction game was irrelevant~ :P I hope a greater number for Super Girl, since the fans are saving money for it.. :D 3rd for the week is not bad!

^I hope for that too, that Super Girl is going to sell good. I hope they have a good 2nd week for this single. It would be still nice to see crossing the 100k mark.

The other 2 singles what they sold in this week:

***,959   *,226,958   KARA / GO GO サマー!

***,541   *,224,274   KARA / ジェットコースターラブ

Daily ranking:

5,487 BUMP OF CHICKEN

3,181 KARA

2,397 NMB48

Acid Black Cherry

CNBLUE

Edited by Nanda

265,435 NMB48

153,381 BUMP OF CHICKEN

78,148 KARA

71,200 CNBLUE

49,507 Acid Black Cherry

Lol, our earlier prediction game was irrelevant~ :P I hope a greater number for Super Girl, since the fans are saving money for it.. :D 3rd for the week is not bad!

Hey I got the closest prediction ! (30K-40K for daily and 75k-100K for weekly)

:D

Edited by grainy