[2011.10.19] Japanese 5th Single [Winter Magic]

sweetofuu

^

nah, not just between Kpop groups, between ALL KOREAN artists/groups, KARA is the BEST SELLING ARTIST in HISTORY in terms of digital sales in Japan (over 4.3 millions download with only 4 songs)

And I really appreciate your hard work Nanda :thumbup: Thanks to you and fellow Kamilias keep us up to date with KARA 's activities in Japan :D

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly OT but holy crap if I'm reading these lists correctly, Arashi's sales are wooooow. XD

I'm so glad our girls managed to get gold n_n and were invited to FNS, too!

Thank you Nanda for keeping us updated!!

Arashi is awesome, so of course their sales are incredible. The best boyband ever ^^

It's good that Japan is getting colder, more people wanting to buy WM

15,410 SKE48

*5,758 遊助

*5,560 嵐

三代目 J Soul Brothers

西野カナ

AKB48

Berryz工房×℃-ute

765PRO ALLSTARS

ViViD

2PM

BUMP OF CHICKEN

斉藤和義

栗林みな実

Perfume

芦田愛菜

喜多村英梨

NMB48

椎名林檎

LinQ

KARA

yesterday 21th, today 20th ^^

To not double post

Date: 12/11

KARA is on the 17th position ^^

10,691 SKE48

*6,520 遊助

*4,688 三代目 J Soul Brothers

西野カナ

AKB48

765PRO ALLSTARS

Berryz工房×℃-ute

2PM

BUMP OF CHICKEN

ViViD

斉藤和義

LinQ

芦田愛菜

栗林みな実

Perfume

KARA

marble

NMB48

Ceu

Date:11/13

14th position ^___^

8,527 SKE48

6,051 嵐

3,435 遊助

西野カナ

AKB48

765PRO ALLSTARS

BUMP OF CHICKEN

ViViD

2PM

Berryz工房×℃-ute

斉藤和義

芦田愛菜

三代目 J Soul Brothers

KARA

栗林みな実

Perfume

喜多村英梨

NMB48

Edited by Nanda

^

I think so, till now THSK still being considered as foreign artist, that makes a lot of Big East pissed off and they complain many times about how can BoA consider as J-artist but THSK not......

Edited by fantomas

I guess most kpop group would be forever be classifield as international group. Even if the general public love them. If dbsk is still classfield as international groups, even though they sell really well, and have been in japan longer than KARA; then KARA may be the same thing. When KARA sells as much single/album as dbsk has, and stay a long time in japan like dbsk; they may still be in same boat as dbsk. Japan won't forget the facts that they came from another county. It the same thing with KARA. One thing I didn't get was when I was look at the award for KARA. When they got the best newcomer award on the japan golden disc award, they put KARA as one of the best newcomer for the international group, yet SNSD got domestic. How is that possible, when they just debut at the same time. Even look at the dbsk japan disc award they gave them the award for international just like KARA. But I guess that didn't want to start some fanwar or something like that. How many gold does KARA have now, I lost count. Probably as many thing as they release in japan

^That's true, but I think it's not about the race. Again like ^^ said, SNSD are were labeled as "domestic" and Boa as a J-artist. I think it's about accepting Kara. If they're just some foreign artist, it feels like their stay is just temporary promotion and that if they go, it won't matter.

I hope for the time Kara's efforts in Japan will pay off and they can be accepted as a household name TT___TT

^^well, maybe they can be considered J artists someday (overly optimistic). Though it may take a really long time, I'm pretty sure all their hardwork will pay off. It's just how it goes. But for now, I'm happy and proud of what KARA has achieved, whether they're considered international or J-artist, my support will never waver. :thumbup:

I don't think the title 'foreign artist' means that Kara isn't accepted in Japan or hasn't become a household name, etc. We all know how popular Kara is in Japan, so why does the title even matter? Tohoshinki is massive in Japan, yet they're still 'foreign artists', does that make them any less popular or 'accepted'? No. The title doesn't prevent ppl from liking the or buying their stuff. And what's wrong with being a foreign artist? If as a foreign artist they can still prove their longevity, wouldn't that be even better?

^

I think "accept" means that Japanese finally welcome that artist/group as one of their own, so far only BoA can achieve this honour. That 's like the ultimate prize in Japan for every Korean group/artist. Both Tohoshinki and KARA only being considered as Jpop artist, not J-artist (yet).

@kimngocnguyen06: maybe because in 2010, SNSD has higher sales with Gee (japanese ver), that 's why they got the best newcomer award for "domestic", while KARA has higher sales with their Korean album KARA Best 2007-2010 --> best newcomer award for "international"

Back to the topic, since Winter Magic get gold certificate for physical album, how about digital sales? Our girls are excel in that category, did anyone got some link yet :thumbup:

i have no problem but one when the other fandom get excited with "new artist (domestic)" and not "new artist (international)". the (translated) words are misleading. to the common understanding, it should read as "the best new artist of the year doing domestic music" and "the best new artist of the year doing international music" respectively.

@kimngocnguyen06

if we're to measure kara in terms of gold, it should be platinum instead. :)

Bigeast complained because singles in Jpop artist corner are more visible than on foreign artist corner in CDs stores. They wanted THSK singles in Jpop artist corner like BoA's single. I don't care what KARA are, as long there are a lots of people loving them ^^

Another week for Winter Magic:

93,563 + 7,946 + 5,212 = 106,721

Single

*1 382,802 SKE48

*2 *54,816 三代目 J Soul Brothers

*3 *47,563 嵐

*4 *46,682 遊助

*5 *28,754 西野カナ

*6 *23,341 765PRO ALLSTARS

*7 *22,079 AKB48

*8 *20,535 Berryz工房×℃-ute

*9 *16,129 ViViD

10 *11,482 2PM

8,930 BUMP OF CHICKEN

7,236 斉藤和義

7,136 Perfume

6,804 栗林みな実

6,656 芦田愛菜

6,332 喜多村英梨

5,212 KARA

4,764 NMB48

4,246 椎名林檎

3,958 lynch

KARA and NMB48 always close on the ranking XD

Forgot to put the daily ranking

KARA is on 12th place

6,417 SKE48

2,921 嵐

1,911 AKB48

西野カナ

遊助

BUMP OF CHICKEN

2PM

斉藤和義

765PRO ALLSTARS

三代目 J Soul Brothers

芦田愛菜

KARA

薫と友樹、たまにムック。

Perfume

ViViD

Edited by Nanda

93,563 + 7,946 + 5,212 + 3,526 = 110,247

Single

*1 172,925 Sexy Zone

*2 171,827 Not yet

*3 *50,478 Acid Black Cherry

*4 *49,429 モベキマス

*5 *48,912 AAA

*6 *48,221 GLAY

*7 *26,333 INFINITE

*8 *25,691 SKE48 累計408493

*9 *17,684 GReeeeN

10 *16,235 FUNKY MONKEY BABYS

15,983 嵐

13,581 2NE1

12,407 きただにひろし

11,426 AKB48

*8,438 宮野真守

*7,604 遊助

*7,313 西野カナ

*6,748 エレファントカシマシ

*6,347 KOTOKO

*6,174 BUMP OF CHICKEN

*5,806 斉藤和義

*5,613 阿部真央

*4,337 2PM

*4,288 cali≠gari

*3,544 芦田愛菜

*3,526 KARA

*3,514 水森かおり

I don't want to sound mean, but wowo 2NE1 is one of the lowest kpop girl group in Japan. And they're top on Korea. I knew 2NE1 didn't fit on Japan, but still their sales are really lown. And Congrats for KARA for passing the 110k mark XD can't wait to see Super Girl's sales.

^

Nanda, I really appreciated your hardwork, but would you please just post the number of KARA 's sales?

*there 's no intention on bashing or hating :) *

I didn't understand your last part.

I can put just put KARA's number next time, but I like to see all the ranking and people have more than one favorite group/singer. But, that's me.

• 1 month later...