[2011.09.06] Korean 3rd Album - Step

sweetofuu

I like the track list so much, probably because it has an intro and an outro.

This source states that the release date is 5th of september! So they should start releasing teaser photos next week or even before that!!!! :thumbup:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=kara&no=2403034&page=1&bbs=

I think this has more details about the tracks.

Seems like the title track "Step" is produced by sweetune again, because it says Han Jaeho next to it. And to my surprise I think its the only track produced by them. :scared: Plus seems like the people who composed Afterschool Rania's "Not yet" are composing "Kara4u", "Eh, oh" and "Rider".

But I'm not sure, so don't rely on my information because I'm roughly translating what is written underneath the songs LOL :whistling:

As far as I know, Kara's previous albums were 60% produced by sweetune so this time it's a surprise that they only have 1 song by sweetune.

I think Kara are trying to change their future sound. I AM EXCITED!!!! I love cute Kara, but it will be pretty cool if they have more mature music from now onwards.

Edited by ForeverKamilia

Oh yay a track list! Well, there's not too much we can gleam from this information but it's still cool. I suppose "Step" will be the title track since it also has an instrumental. Sounds like a dance heavy track, maybe something After School-ish? I dunno just the first thing that popped into my mind was AS' tap dance thing >_<

I'm going to be honest, from what I see from the "supposed" tracklist I'm not liking it, solely based on the titles and the number of tracks, I can't really judge the substance yet because of course it hasn't been released. So from the list, there is only five true tracks on the album, two being intro and outro are never really tracks, and then we have an instrumental. I really hope they add in some more songs, if this is another full album please put in another two or three songs. Step seems like a dance beat driven track, which I'm quite excited about. Rider, if it was produced by the same team who produced for After School then I expect something more mature and fierce. Strawberry and Date (My Boy), seems like the cute side of the album, I hope they don't try to pull a Pretty Girl or Rock U style of cute again, they've grown from that. 따라와 seems like it will the ballad here, maybe it's the Korean version of their 'Thank You' song from their Japanese release.

I too really hope they don't go the retro route, do something different, please!!!

Though I might be critical right now, but no matter what happens I know I'll end up supporting and cheering these girls on until the very end anyway!

Can't wait for the teasers!

YOBI, I quite enjoy your banner there... "GyuL"... hahaha...

I'm actually feel so excited for their comeback next month. But honestly, when i see the track list I'm quite disappointed. They said it is the full album, but why only 5 songs? (i'm not include the intro and outro) they should put more songs in this album. It's looked like a mini album. Besides, based of the title, it's seem like there is no ballad songs at all.... please someone confirm it to me that they'll include ballad songs as well. I hope KARA concept is beyond my imagination.

Sorry for judging quite early before the teaser come out. I hope KARA will make me eat my word later. Whatever it is, I'm still support them in whatever they done.

I really, REALLY have high-expectation from this comeback..

- 3rd full-lenght album.. I thought they'd include Japanese songs turned into Korean, singles released digitally, or some of their solo songs.. I don't know, maybe Jet Coaster Love or Ima Okuritai arigatou, since they sang it at the 611 fanmeeting.. There are also We're with u, 2ME, I'll write U a letter, Whale, Merry Love, My Love, Hara OST.. Could that be possible ? Or no, I wonder..

- fierce competition.. I want the girls to do well, to do great for this comeback, eventually winning a LOT of awards, I'd be really happy.. Though I don't find it an essential thing.. With or without a trophy, what will make me truly happy is to see our 5irls on stage again : in 3minutes showing us their charisma and confidence..

- vocals improvement.. For what I saw, the girls did work on their voices, I'm also looking forward to see that.. Gyul on SSTP, the girls on their latest performances really got me excited..

I might be asking too much, but I hope :

- not too club-ish, not too retro-ish concept..

- for a great MV with a story line..

- BALLADS..

Can't wait for songs teasers, MV teasers.. even if I'm already teased by all the hints the girls are giving XP

Edited by KARAddicted.01

Wahhhhhh!!!!!!SO Excited!!!!!

This MV is going to be epic....

that I really can't wait for the teaser photos, MV teaser, Album release, MV release, comeback performances and variety show appearances!!!

:excited::hyper::jogging:

You know what's funny? I was just thinking how their comeback song/MV, should have snippits of their hits and maybe them talking...you know to show that "they're back!" because of the whole controversy thing....and here's a picture with "Mr" & "Lupin"....it does get interesting!!

I can't wait for their comeback!! I hope that they do decide to go with a new concept (crosses fingers) one that is strong, fierce and would blow everyone away and make them really stand out since their comebacks coincide with the Wonder Girls and SNSD. I think that this comeback is the biggest one of their careers. Not only because its the first Korean Comeback since the whole lawsuit thing but because they are going head to head with their former competitors....people always seem to doubt KARA's ability when compared to the other 2 groups (I guess cause they are thinking of when they performed and battled when they all first came out)...I think that KARA has always been capable of being better than them but for some reason it didn't show. I would love for KARA to prove to everyone that they are successful and can receive the same love from Koreans fans as they do in Japan.

Regardless of how this goes down, it's going to be EPIC!

Edited by BabyGirl

I'm going to be honest, from what I see from the "supposed" tracklist I'm not liking it, solely based on the titles and the number of tracks, I can't really judge the substance yet because of course it hasn't been released. So from the list, there is only five true tracks on the album, two being intro and outro are never really tracks, and then we have an instrumental. I really hope they add in some more songs, if this is another full album please put in another two or three songs. Step seems like a dance beat driven track, which I'm quite excited about. Rider, if it was produced by the same team who produced for After School then I expect something more mature and fierce. Strawberry and Date (My Boy), seems like the cute side of the album, I hope they don't try to pull a Pretty Girl or Rock U style of cute again, they've grown from that. 따라와 seems like it will the ballad here, maybe it's the Korean version of their 'Thank You' song from their Japanese release.

I too really hope they don't go the retro route, do something different, please!!!

Though I might be critical right now, but no matter what happens I know I'll end up supporting and cheering these girls on until the very end anyway!

Can't wait for the teasers!

YOBI, I quite enjoy your banner there... "GyuL"... hahaha...

I don't know why, but I feel like I thought that you might not like the titles lol. I haven't even encountered you that much on here but I thought to myself when I heard the song titles "UnKnownIdiot" probably won't like them :tongue:

idk why I thought of you. I just did.

I agree with your opinions though. I like the title "Rider" cause it seems like it would be pretty cool. But you're right in that aside from that and "step" the other song's seems to be headed in a cute direction. But maybe they are ballads, you never know. They said the girls were in charge of picking the song so I just hope they really thought about what would capture the audience's attention. I feel like they will do something different though. Well, at-least I hope so.

Edited by GooBurberrHara

I don't know why, but I feel like I thought that you might not like the titles lol. I haven't even encountered you that much on here but I thought to myself when I heard the song titles "UnKnownIdiot" probably won't like them :tongue:

idk why I thought of you. I just did.

I agree with your opinions though. I like the title "Rider" cause it seems like it would be pretty cool. But you're right in that aside from that and "step" the other song's seems to be headed in a cute direction. But maybe they are ballads, you never know. They said the girls were in charge of picking the song so I just hope they really thought about what would capture the audience's attention. I feel like they will do something different though. Well, at-least I hope so.

Hahaha... Thank you for the recognition. I think... hahaha...

I, like many fans in here, have high expectations for this comeback. I don't want to feel any bit of disappointment. This will be their third full length, I want more than just a mini-album size of songs. I want them to do something new and different, venture out of their comfort zone and start experimenting musically to develop themselves as true musicians and not just as "idols" anymore. Though I will admit that it's probably too early in their stages of life and career to do so, but baby steps. Their last full album was a Revolution, then I want this album to be an Evolution.

If they are still set on the three weeks of promotion then I'll doubt they'll be able to rack up as many awards as we would want them to get but in any case I hope for them to sweep all the music shows during their comeback stages. Let's just hope they'll get recognition during the year end shows with this comeback.

And I pray that they'll do a follow-up when their Japanese promotion gets done with during October. Another Korean comeback in November or December doesn't sound to unreasonable right?

With a such tracklist and if they maintain the 3 weeks pomotion...It can't be considered as a full length album...It looks more like a mini album since it will only contain 5 real songs ! I want KARA to comeback stronger but I won't put too much expectation from this promotion and will more see it as a present to please their korean fans.

the rumoured partial list.

listoq.jpg

source

translated into

Date (My Boy) - Written by Kim Wonhyun and Jang Sangwook; Composed by Kim Wonhyun

EY OH (Intro) - Composed by Yoo Hyunsang, Park Sehyun, and Jang Jaemin

KARA 4U (Outro) - Composed by Yoo Hyunsang, Park Sehyun, and Jang Jaemin

Rider - Written and Composed by Yoo Hyunsang and Jang Jaemin

Step - Written by Han Jaeho, Kim Seungsu, Song Sooyun and Kim Boa; Composed by Han Jaeho and Kim Seungsu

Strawberry - Written by Lee Daehee, Lee Shine, Kim Kiwook and Lee Chanmi; Composed by Yun Woosuk

따라와 - Written by Lee Shine; Composed by Kim Jungyoon and Yun Woosuk

[c] koreaboo (and amended by me)

I think it's pretty legit, as Hara tweeted something about "Step it Up" once. Well, I really wish it is, since "Strawberry" and "Rider" seem like they will turn out to be really nice songs ^^

And does anyone notice...? "Step" is a rearrangement of the letters "Sept"... i.e. September, their comeback month! Can't wait~~

if step is the one, does anyone know which was the second song they dropped?

(judging from the names) if it was either date(my boy) or strawberry, imo they have made a good choice (in step)!

i don't fancy slow or sweet tempo for title song. and i need a total change from their portrayed image in japan too.

btw did i dream or read somewhere that the main choreo is tedious and complex?

rumoured 5th sep is nearing but still nothing?

did the girls plan or have a say in this too? hahah.

along with unknownidiot, let's sweep a week minimally!

To be honest, I hope that KARA could comeback in mid-september because I would be able to cheer for them during their comeback stage since I will be in Korea at that moment ! I'm more excited for this comeback than any of their previous comeback just because I will bee in Korea during the promotion !