[2011.09.06] Korean 3rd Album - Step

sweetofuu

I think I'm calm enough now to write a proper sentence without going crazy ^^

Step is totally beyond my expectations... I'm not a particularly huge fan of electric beats and vocal processing but I'm really glad that Step and all the songs in the album have a really fun and catchy "sweet melody" that is trademark of KARA songs, instead of going all one-tone *coughLucifercough* and autotuned, as I feared after seeing the teasers. Like all KARA songs, Step has the ability to lift my spirits and make me feel refreshed so I'm certain that I will loop this again and again. KARA's image definitely matured for the better... but somehow, I still see the lively and energetic KARA that I fell in love with (in the platonic sense) at the very beginning... Cutexy KARA ftw! ~

And the lyrics...! Their songs have really inspiring lyrics, don't they? From "Pretty Girl" to "Lupin", "Go Go Summer!" and "Girls Be Ambitious"... and now "Step". There are many occasions when I relate better with their love songs but I really love the fact that they encourage us to give our best and be proud of ourselves... that's what makes them great role models for us, true "idols" for us to look up to ^^

My favorite song is "Date (My Boy)"!! I fell in love with it instantly ^^ I think I'm the only one again hahaha >.<

I heard that DSP would be releasing a Taiwanese version of the the album :lol:

It would be AMAZING if that is true :thumbup::)

from a chinese site, kara has engaged warner music to release step concurrently in taiwan while china and asia regions are in the plan.

lol i should eat my word i did last time!

i really want to thanks to KARA for gave an awesome comeback song ever! Step is amazing and i can't stop from listening and watching the mv. This is greatest comeback i have see this year (along with DBSK. hehe).

Right now, i can't wait to see live performance. Hope they can make a comeback stage as soon as possible. i miss them so much~~~ kara daebak!!! step daebak!!!

btw, can anyone update step ranking in chart? i wanna know... thanks!

I think I'm calm enough now to write a proper sentence without going crazy ^^

Step is totally beyond my expectations... I'm not a particularly huge fan of electric beats and vocal processing but I'm really glad that Step and all the songs in the album have a really fun and catchy "sweet melody" that is trademark of KARA songs, instead of going all one-tone *coughLucifercough* and autotuned, as I feared after seeing the teasers. Like all KARA songs, Step has the ability to lift my spirits and make me feel refreshed so I'm certain that I will loop this again and again. KARA's image definitely matured for the better... but somehow, I still see the lively and energetic KARA that I fell in love with (in the platonic sense) at the very beginning... Cutexy KARA ftw! ~

And the lyrics...! Their songs have really inspiring lyrics, don't they? From "Pretty Girl" to "Lupin", "Go Go Summer!" and "Girls Be Ambitious"... and now "Step". There are many occasions when I relate better with their love songs but I really love the fact that they encourage us to give our best and be proud of ourselves... that's what makes them great role models for us, true "idols" for us to look up to ^^

My favorite song is "Date (My Boy)"!! I fell in love with it instantly ^^ I think I'm the only one again hahaha >.<

wooow we have same thought about this new album and Step that has the ability to lift up our spirit just like other KARA songs you mentioned above.

but my favorite song of the album is step. think that this song is about them stepping up of the almost breaking up case, that they decide to reunite rather than to separate :P

I think I need to go to the cd store very soon to buy my copy :sweatdrop:

This comeback is really one of their best (Lupin is still the best to me)

But this one is really good with a great song, a stonger image and a good dance

I hope that our girls will be able to conquiert Korea and to stand strong

I have looped Step album for 3 days now and I have to say this is a really good album, it could become one of my favorite albums from them. I enjoyed listening to all the songs.

Step wasn't what I was expecting, thought it would be more explosive like in the teaser, but there's something about this song that I just can't get enough of, the sound is really good and the more I listen to it, the more I love it. The MV is really good too, I love the energy, the thing I just don't like about it are the costumes XD

Rider is good, but didn't get me to love it at first listen, but it's different and I started noticing it more. Strawberry is cute, but not too cutesy which I really like. Ddarrahwa (Follow Me) is really a strong track, I love it and the English too. And Date (My Boy) love this since I first listened to it, sweet song. Dear Kamilia, we've heard this from the fanmeeting but a studio version is nice to listen to and the song is for us, so it's special. The intro, outro are really good, when I first listened to the intro, my first thought is that the sound is like they're going to war XD And the outro is really good, I mean it made me really interested from the teaser already hahaha

I Am...(Ing) I wanted them to sing this again, since I wanted to know how much they improved, so I was happy

when it was announced it will be in the album. And I have to say listening to it again, the girls improved a lot and I really like it, I just wish they sing this more softly or arranged differently since it's acoustic version.

Overall this is a solid album from Kara, showed vocal improvements, the songs are all good and each song has something different and love this just cos there are very few high pitch singing hahahaha In my opinion, Kara sings the best on lower key/range.

@red4summer KARA is getting much more attention this time..

and this time, it's not just from Kamilia but also from casual fans, non-fans and unrelated-to-kpop-people as well.. :whistling:

It seems like others beside Kamilia are paying attention to our girls, taking them seriously, taking them as one of the TOP korean girlgroup.. :rolleyes:

Putting together the solid ALBUM, which I really love, and DSP's extremely improved promotional tactics....

this comeback is a BOMB!! :thumbup:

and again, I have to say that it's a pity for STEP to be promoted for just 3weeks..

There are songs that could perfectly be following tracks.. :crying:

kara usually comes-back with 2 songs, so my vote will go to "with all my heart".

this song has a special meaning to all kamilias, i just want to hear them singing live on music shows.

i want to see whether if this sing can move the casual fans too.

i have a feeling rider or date will be the other song they perform on comeback stages. not sure why but those seem most appropriate. i too would also like to dear kamilia live, but it wouldn't fit (literally and metaphoricly) on inkigayo, music core, so on. for my developed opinion of the album, i really like it a lot. my fav album by them is revolution, and this kind of a evolution of that. i just wish it had more than 5 original song. when can we expect korean lyrics?

Did you guys notice they are wearing the same shoes from ROCK U?

http://i.imgur.com/cTnQD.jpg

http://aprilia96.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/kara-rock-with-you-2.jpg

I think some parts of the MV are supposed to be reminiscent of the old Kara songs. Like the "Yeow" reminds me of Lupin and the but shaking reminds me of mister. The bridge changing part reminds me of Jumping (the bridge) along with the style of the outfits. The yellow shoes remind me of Rock-you and the colors remind me of pretty girl. The dresses in the bridge remind me of honey...lol everything reminds me of an old Kara vid.

Edited by red4summer

^

I KNOW RIGHT?! I was thinking that this was DSP's scheme all along.

All of KARA's old song into one and created STEP. Step isn't like a romantic love dangerous song it's a

song I think they dedicated to them-self. They were known as the survival idols and they step forwarded to

the KARA they are today.

i read it at some other places but never paid attention to the details until you guys brought it up here.

what a good observation and analysis, you may be right.

confirmed, comeback is on mcd next week.

[c] colourgummies

omgee. "Step" is so good! I'm addicted to it! I watch their music video everyday. I love the new fun concept and the dance is so funky. I'm totally buying their album! So I'm not going to listen to their other songs on the album until I get my own copy. :P So I don't know about the rest of the songs. But I bet their fantastic!

just found this.

a japan edition or version is to be released on 5th oct.

apparently all songs are in japanese except "with all my heart".

But aren't alot of the Japanese fans planning on helping Kara and buying the Korean version so that they can win some awards in Korea? I wonder how it will sell because of that?

Which brings me to my other worry...how is Kara doing on the charts. everyone keeps saying that they aren't doing well but I can't read Korean so I honestly don't know. People also said they are losing to U-Kiss? on Mnet. But isn't that fine since they didn't make their comeback yet and most fan-clubs are waiting to do their joint purchases...dik but everyone is freaking me out with all this "Kara isn't doing so well" and "Vote for Kara...they are losing" and I'm just so confused. because every chart I look at they are doing what seems to be perfectly fine.

But aren't alot of the Japanese fans planning on helping Kara and buying the Korean version so that they can win some awards in Korea? I wonder how it will sell because of that?

Which brings me to my other worry...how is Kara doing on the charts. everyone keeps saying that they aren't doing well but I can't read Korean so I honestly don't know. People also said they are losing to U-Kiss? on Mnet. But isn't that fine since they didn't make their comeback yet and most fan-clubs are waiting to do their joint purchases...dik but everyone is freaking me out with all this "Kara isn't doing so well" and "Vote for Kara...they are losing" and I'm just so confused. because every chart I look at they are doing what seems to be perfectly fine.

The thing with people saying vote for Kara they are losing, its for mnet voting with Kara vs U-kiss but it only counts 15% and digital sales count 40%, and with Kara's digital sales being a WHOLE lot better than U-kiss digital sales, there's no need to worry about that. :)

Kara makes their comeback next week and have a chance to win on mnet since mnet is going to count this weeks sales.

STEP is doing great both Digitally and physically, other than Davichi's new song, Step is the 2nd best digital song this week so far on instiz.net ichart.

Physically STEP looks like its going to sell around 10k copies this week which is great considering they don't start promoting until next week and the group bulk orders don't start until next week as well.

To put it in perspective Lupin sold 12k copies in its first 2 weeks.

The thing with people saying vote for Kara they are losing, its for mnet voting with Kara vs U-kiss but it only counts 15% and digital sales count 40%, and with Kara's digital sales being a WHOLE lot better than U-kiss digital sales, there's no need to worry about that. :)

Kara makes their comeback next week and have a chance to win on mnet since mnet is going to count this weeks sales.

STEP is doing great both Digitally and physically, other than Davichi's new song, Step is the 2nd best digital song this week so far on instiz.net ichart.

Physically STEP looks like its going to sell around 10k copies this week which is great considering they don't start promoting until next week and the group bulk orders don't start until next week as well.

To put it in perspective Lupin sold 12k copies in its first 2 weeks.

+9

Ok thanks so much. I was just kinda worried cause everyone was like "Kara is losing" and I'm looking at all the charts and everything looks fine. Plus it's like 7am in the morning in Korea and K-Kamilia aren't awake yet. And like you said digital points are such a small percentage. Overall I think davichi is Kara's strongest competitor. I'm glad that step is doing so well in it's first week without promotions. I hope they can sell about 60k with this album. I'm doing my part and I hope other Kamilia do their part as-well. Also it's good to hear that the 32% is only the online votes and not the largest part of the score....honestly I feel that part of the reason why it's harder to vote is because so many foriegn KissMe's kept voting and the server got suspicious.

But thanks so much for replying to me. I was starting to get worried and I guess I panicked for no reason.