[2011.09.06] Korean 3rd Album - Step

sweetofuu

Yay, Step it up kara. I'm so scare for next week since SJ is coming back. I want Kara to win all three weeks. Why does Sj having their cb with Kara. Kara and Kamila must stay strong and let kara win against sj

Well Suju is coming back on the 23rd which I think would be Kara's last music bank Performance anyway. The re-packaged album doesn't drop till the 21st so I don't know if they will have gained enough sales at that point to be able to win from album sales alone, and that would be the only way they could win over Kara, who does well digitally, SUJU..not so much, they really rely on their album sales to win things and get recognition, in-fact, for SUJU, album sales are probably around 90% of their revenue; they have never been good digital sellers. The fact that KARA does well digitally and ALSO has decent album sales-split around 60% digital and 40% physical, will definitely help them. I think that STEP will still have a good enough chart position both physically and digitally to hold SUJU off during their good-bye stage. They might even be able to win the MuBank after their good-bye stage as-well if they do really well digitally, and their album retains good physical chart standing. It would be difficult but I think that it could happen...

Besides, don't worry about SUJU or any other group. KARA is doing really well. They have the number one album of the week and the number 2 single in terms of digital downloads. Also they are the second most played radio song so far. I think that KARA will have a good comeback. If they sweep it for all three weeks and manage to win 9 awards that would be great, but if they don't? well, that's fine too. I'm just excited to see them back in Korea performing for their home fans again.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

My album finally arrived! I've been ridiculously patient in not listening to any of KARA's songs besides STEP because I wanted my first listen to be straight from the CD itself.....and it was WORTH IT!!!!

Congrats to KARA!! (again:rolleyes:)

LOL @ Cole's expression :

tumblr_lrn107Xzyw1qdcel5o1_500-1.gif

Gyul, this time was more calm.. She even did the speech..

Kamilia, what can I say ?? So loud !! Daebak !!

For tomorrow's Inkigayo, well, let's do our best.. but whatever the result will be, it'll be fine..

Our girls are doing great already.. :thumbup:

Edited by KARAddicted.01

Anyone know where I can buy this in US without having it shipped internationally? First album from any kpop group I want to buy...

Man, I'm trying to buy the album too without having to use money orders or checks or whatever. I'm just trying to use credit card lol. I guess we buy from YesAsia?

though step didn't win the mutizen award on comeback week, it isn't too bad since inki sales numbers/countings are late.

overall i'm extremely satisfied beyond words, i couldn't have dreamed for more.

what a week on comeback, it'll be a challenge next week or last week for a clean sweep (to match/beat lupin which did it on 3rd week).

well.. i'm hopeful.

though step didn't win the mutizen award on comeback week, it isn't too bad since inki sales numbers/countings are late.

overall i'm extremely satisfied beyond words, i couldn't have dreamed for more.

what a week on comeback, it'll be a challenge next week or last week for a clean sweep (to match/beat lupin which did it on 3rd week).

well.. i'm hopeful.

I agree, but I think Step has a good chance for next week. They are still doing well digitally and physically, I can see them taking home another Mnet award, Mubank trophy and the Inki Mutizen next week...it's the last week of promotions that I'm most nervous about

Still I'm happy for these first two wins. Also I can see them winning Mnet and MuBank on the last week aswell. IDK they have good digital sales and the album is doing really well this week which counts towards next weeks score.

@GooBurberrHara

actually if it's about the sales then i'm not so worried because the bulk buying should be spaced out equally in 3 weeks. k-kamilia and j-kamilia should know the statistics and buy accordingly. and also having only 3 weeks, it makes the plan easier.

@GooBurberrHara

actually if it's about the sales then i'm not so worried because the bulk buying should be spaced out equally in 3 weeks. k-kamilia and j-kamilia should know the statistics and buy accordingly. and also having only 3 weeks, it makes the plan easier.

I completely agree, I guess I'm referring more to the digital sales score since the digital score counts for alot on most music shows. Not so much against Suju because they aren't very good with digital, instead they are a physical sales powerhouse but against newer songs that might get high digital scores. They are fairing pretty well against BEG so far, so Step just needs the last week with the same outstanding digital and physical scores and they should have a clean sweep of their comeback, not counting Inki since you can't win your Inki comeback stage.

I think this week they will have a second week of number one album, and I hope that the digital score is around the same as last week if not higher since they are now promoting.

whatever happen the girls did amazing. I think it would be hard to win triple crown for mnet and music bank, the competetive is very hard. Since the last time for lupin they didn't have much competitive. The girls winning two award on inkigayo would be hard to, since the girls always win one award on inkigayo tat it. But we see what happen, the girls have won triple crown in most of the music show. Mnet triple crowd was for honey, music bank was for lupin, and never won a griple crowd fpr inkigayo, so we see what happen. Of course I want the, to win triple crown.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

I have to let it out...I'm really disappointed with KARA's live. I know Seungyeon, Gyuri, Nicole and Jiyoung was really trying their best but Hara I really want her to improve. She's the one that give them most fans but I also want to see her not bring KARA down one step after the rest members improvements. *sigh* Okay I let it out...I'm really sorry my kamilians.... : (

But I could never hate my Hara, Just a little disappointed...

Edited by YOBI

I second your opinion YOBI. I adore Hara, but after all the performances that they've done, I don't quite feel satisfy with the "improvements" that I see from her vocally. After her solo song from City Hunter and their 2Me single, I was quite excited and anticipated what she would bring to the table vocally this time around, but I was quite disappointed. She just sounded like how she did from their previous releases. I know there are probably other factors that play in to this, be it the producers of the song telling her to sing that type of range or something else, and I know her voice is known to be more low and monotone but I was hoping for something more.

I can see her trying her best, but I can also see hesitation in her whenever she's singing live with the girls, I feel she still lacks that confidence to take her vocals to the next level. I know she wants to continuously improve, not only for herself but for the fans as well. DSP, do something about it!

Saw many negative comments on Youtube about their ability to sing live. Well, as we know during their debut days they had Sunghee to back up their vocals so well but nobody recognized them. Soon after they recruit the new members everyone started to point out that they can't sing etc. To be honest, yes they're not the best singer out there but their stage presence is amazing. To be in the idol world, you need to have all the packages not only singing talent. If you have singing talent, that is a bonus. When they start to shine, everyone try to take them down. But I agree with what YOBI said about Hara. She doesn't sound so good live and she seems not confident while singing. Everyone just pointed to her that she can't totally singing and in one of the commnet in Youtube said that she shouldn't be in Kara etc but she also the main factor Kara got many fans because of her appearances in IY. So, i think in this situation, it's just win win situation. They're some vids that prove Kara can sing it's just so many haters try so hard to make them look like they're the worst singers out there.

(p:s,I'm just hoping their tone down the backtrack because it just too loud. This week performances Kara, hwaiting.......)

well, as a rule of thumb you should probably not have the weakest vocalist doing a backbend while they are supposed to be singing their parts.... Personally I thought she improved alot, especially from the first time she ever performed where they wouldn't even let her sing live. She did well in Date, at least in my opinion. She is no Seungyeon but she did well for Hara. If people want to bash because she isn't the best singer and ignore the fact that her singing DOES NOT hamper the ability to enjoy the song, then who cares about them. I honestly think her "horrible" singing is getting blown out of proportion. It was that one time on that one part...She had done fine the whole performance and the during the ones before that.

It's really annoying to read about people always complaining about Hara, because most of it is just personal opinion. No she isn't the best singer but I do happen to enjoy her voice. No she isn't the best dancer ever but she is the best in Kara. You might not think she is pretty but alot of people do....I hate reading all that negative stuff about her because it's so far from what we should be concentrating on i.e. the song and makes it all about something it's not supposed to be about and turns it into a sort of inter-kamilia war with people shouting "why is X doing this...Y should be this" "X stands in center too much" and so on and so fourth when really we should be focused on Kara as a whole.

That one part where she cracked didn't hamper my ability to enjoy the performance so I'm ok....especially since I know she is more upset about it then I could ever be. If fans starting encouraging her more instead of always attacking and criticizing I think she would gain a bit of confidence in her abilities. She has no confidence because she knows almost everyone is expecting her to be terrible, and that is NOT a confidence booster. She probably worries every time she opens her mouth to sing whether or not she will be proving them right...when you are a weak singer already you need to concentrate on your part as best as you can, but when all you can think about is the negativity that you WILL get from this small line...I can see why she has no confidence.

Well, this is not new the only thing new is the intensity of the attacks. That happens because KARA is becoming more popular so the haters increase their negative comments proportionally. KARA is five girls and each contributes something different to the whole. They might not be the best in all aspects, but they are really good at who they are and, in my opinion, improving all the time.

I don't think we should be rattled by this negative criticism, we as fans do recognize whatever shortcomings they have, but in the end they are going to shine through all this because they have the sheer tenacity to overcome whatever thay have to face. They've done it before. Hara is now been violently attacked but she's strong and with the help of the other girls she too will overcome this.

Those comments on youtube are so convincing but, please remember one thing: Don't treat them as facts. If you liked how Hara performed then so say. Don't let misleading majority comments think "Oh, now that I think about it Hara did do pretty badly."

It's like those comments are way too exaggerated. But since it's the majority, Kamilias/other people start to believe them.

Hopefully that makes sense. IMO, Hara needs to gain confidence in singing. I feel like Hara thinks that people says she doesn't have a pretty voice or a powerful voice so she doesn't work on it >.< I hope one day she decides to work on vocals more(because it looks like she doesn't have an interest in singing) but she's still progressing little by little.

ive seen those comments too. seriously go watch the july 24 2008 or whatever debut performance of rock u. then watch date live. it's a huge improvement. then she could barely speak let alone sing. there was some show where some male friend of hers talked about her having improved in her shyness and she started tearing up. i cant remember what show. but he was right. hara has done great. i love kara for their music, but they're more than singers. they're real people.

I just had the weirdest moment ever. I was listening to the album and randomly decided I wanted to watch the MV again. The video loaded up at the EXACT same time as the STEP instrumental started playing. The music and the video synced up perfectly, but then I was like WTF where are the words? Took me 30 seconds to realize what happened. :dumb: