[2011.09.06] Korean 3rd Album - Step

sweetofuu

Who else bought Kara's album 'STEP' version Limited Edition with a poster from

YESASIA?? I just received mine && what a surprise! No poster included ? I mean, I paid

$20 bucks for this and I did not receive it. What a waste of money, I could have

saved my money and bought the regular version 'cause it's the same exact thing.

I'm so disappointed ):

the limited edition was just one extra track. i too orderded from yesasia and i saw nothing about a poster. the regular edition has a different shorter booklet and doesn't have the track 'my heart for you (dear kamilia) so it's (to me) still worth the extra money. if theres an edition with a poster and you orderded it but didn't get it, the only thing you can do is contact their customer support.

I was wondering how KARA is doing on the charts lately? Do you think they have a good chance of winning this week? Or is Davichi still going headstrong?

Personally I think that Kara should sweep this week based on both Album sales, votes AND digital points. They don't have as many digital points as Davichi but they have better album sales(they were number one on Hanteo for album sales last week) and they have more fans to vote for them. Also the winners for this week will be based on last weeks numbers so they SHOULD do fine, but anything is liable to happen. They should win Mnet, MuBank and Inki this week-they couldn't win Inki last week because they did not have 2 weeks worth of promotion-it's still a big deal that they were nominated with only one week of promotion though.

Next week is the tougher week. Suju will be topping the charts for album sales, so it will be a tough battle..Kara could come out on top because they will likely have higher digital points (A-cha isn't doing that great digitally) but the bulk buying powers of elf might overcome them....they stand a chance to win on Mnet cause it's based mostly on digital score, but even then, with the fan points--Elf might over-power Kamilia cause there are more of them...same theory for Music Bank; Kara may or may not win in the last week because by that point, it will be hard for Kara to be bringing in those large numbers in terms of albums sales, despite the fact that they will have much higher digital points-this too applies to inki.

I think this small three-weeks promotion will grant Kara 5 awards...excluding the last week, because I'm not entirely sure of how that will go, which is pretty good. Some groups promote for 6 weeks and can't win one award. Kara is pretty powerful, no matter what anyone says.

STEP sold, around 27k in two weeks!! which is really good. They will probably break into the 100K+ range before the year is up, which would be good because Kara has never had a album reach 100K in the same year of it's release(in Korea) Step is still in the top 10 on all the charts so they should bring in a nice digital number at the end of the year also.

GooBurberrHara said:

"STEP sold, around 27k in two weeks!! which is really good. They will probably break into the 100K+ range before the year is up, which would be good because Kara has never had a album reach 100K in the same year of it's release(in Korea) Step is still in the top 10 on all the charts so they should bring in a nice digital number at the end of the year also."

First time I see numbers about how much they have sold in Korea, I was so used to see everyday numbers in Japan

that I was wondering what's wrong. I guess the interest in Korea is all about the awards but I miss the daily posting of actual sales. I have to wait for them to go back to Japan for that.

Step has sold around 27,500 in 2 weeks on Hanteo,and at looking how fast they sold over 27k, Step most likely going to be Kara's best Korean release physical sales wise.

Kara's definitely gonna win Mnet Countdown and Music Bank this week and Inkigayo being close, but I think with Kara's good album sales last week(over 16k), they'll clinch it from Davichi. m174.gif

m123.gif

Well I didn't read many posts, I don't really know where this conversation is going, so I'm just throwing my opinion about KARA's comeback here.

I think these girls are getting so much better! From their old days, I watched a few performances and as a new fan I recognize their improvement. I'm not saying this because of the music, I like pretty much all of their songs, old or new. But about their skills~ They are dancing and singing so much better, really. It's a pride for us fans to see these girls fighting to get better everyday. And they came back with power, with a will to show themselves and bring fame and pride to the name of KARA.

I see many good things coming in the future for the best f**king five. ♥

Edited by Kim Yumi

Step has sold around 27,500 in 2 weeks on Hanteo,and at looking how fast they sold over 27k, Step most likely going to be Kara's best Korean release physical sales wise.

Kara's definitely gonna win Mnet Countdown and Music Bank this week and Inkigayo being close, but I think with Kara's good album sales last week(over 16k), they'll clinch it from Davichi. m174.gif

m123.gif

totally agree with u! :thumbup:

i still reserve my opinion on inkigayo which is they don't really look at the final numbers, though there's a ranking chart. they go by popular vote/choice or rotation among the top few, kara will get her turn, maybe this or next.

^

thanks for the info. so the clean sweep will come early this week. :)

kara 7th mcountdown #1 scores (step 3rd)

22/9 mcountdown.............kara..sistar..davichi

-------------------------------------------------

sales.......................3865....3730.....4000

real-time charts ranking....1500.....900.....1350

asian music fan point.......1433....1231.....1137

music intellectual point.....961.....805......961

sms point....................555......92......340

record amount...............1000.....712......677

total.......................9314....7474.....8465

just want to voice this out here about mnet, how could the result be leaked before the actual broadcast?

i don't appreciate the act. it's disservice to all fans of all groups involved.

anyway, the win margin of 849 has widened as compared with the previous 313.

congrats to the girls! let's work toward for the triple crown next week!

kara 6th music bank #1 scores (step 4th)

23/9 music bank...............kara.........sistar

mobile + download/streaming...3971...........9643

broadcast time................3652...........1326

record amount.................6035............118

rating........................1050............709

total........................14708..........11796

the sales are still consistent but based on mr simple winning scores, it's going to be extremely difficult next week.

2 mubank #1, it should be considered a success for step. imo, mubank is huge!

the encore at the end was fun. with everyone joined in, it underlines besides the joys music can bring, it shows the friendships on stage too. congrats step, congrats kara!

now leave only take 7 for a clean sweep.

All the girls need to do is get the award on inkigayo, and they made a clean sweep for this week. I already happy with like 5 awards, of course I want them to get triple crowd; but it going to be very hard. So I just happy that they had this much succeed, maybe they can win on inkigayo next week; since people say you can't win on your comeback stages. That would be cool, since that would be like the first time the girls would win on inkigayo twice consectiviely, and that would match up to the amount of awards that they receive from lupin. After this, they can go back to japan, and conquer japan like we know they can

All the girls need to do is get the award on inkigayo, and they made a clean sweep for this week. I already happy with like 5 awards, of course I want them to get triple crowd; but it going to be very hard. So I just happy that they had this much succeed, maybe they can win on inkigayo next week; since people say you can't win on your comeback stages. That would be cool, since that would be like the first time the girls would win on inkigayo twice consectiviely, and that would match up to the amount of awards that they receive from lupin. After this, they can go back to japan, and conquer japan like we know they can

I agree. I think they might be able to win Inki this week and make the clean sweep, but A-Cha is going to have such a high physical score, even though Kara will have better digital score, it's still going to be hard to beat them, especially considering that their are more ELF than Kamilia so they will have the advantage voting wise as-well. Inki is based off of two weeks worth of scores and data, and seeing how good step is doing, they might be able to take home inki for next week too...but it's a stretch. Also, about inki for next week...they just might pull it off actually. I HOPE they can win on their goodbye stages but knowing how suju beats people even without a high digital score makes me very nervous...either way Kara has done well with STEP and with only three weeks worth of promotion. I'm proud of Kamilia too for really coming together and helping to make the wins possible. I'm just happy the girls are having fun and they are obviously feeling the love. I'm glad.

I need to vent something but I really did not know which thread was best to vent it in so I'll do it here because it does pertain to this particular album comeback. There has been discussions, debates, and I guess you can say arguments concerning what has happened ever since they made their comeback.

The main issue was the now infamous disregard for Kara's win for their comeback, involving a certain idol group and their producer. What surprise me was the sudden backlash that Kara had to/still is suffering through. It really boggles my mind to see such dislikes and hatred towards them for no relevant or reasonable reasons. Reading comments on YouTube and AllKpop, both of which I really care less about, Fandoms are up and armed for reasons that their group didn't win because the girls made their comeback. Excuse you, but what made you think your group would win other wise with numbers that state the obvious and facts?! But the thing that bothers me is how they seem to be attacking the girls and Kamilias alike. I don't see them attacking the other groups that have taken the spotlight from their bias, they seem to be taking advantage of the fact that Kamilias are a respectable, reasonable, level-headed, intellectual, and calm fandom.

Disregarding the fact that Kara deserved the awards because their bias deserves it more? Excuse you, but who said anyone deserves it more than anyone else? Do you feel so insecure about your bias winning on their own merit that you feel that you must take it out on another deserving group?

I really hate to bring something like this up again but I just needed to vent it. But I'm glad the girls weren't affected by it nor did it stop them from celebrating their rightful wins!

For the sales, is 27,000 albums a lot? Im not too familiar with the system in Korea, but in general are those sales actually good? How about compared to 2NE1 or SNSD or those sales up to par? I really dont want to compare those album sales to those two, but I just want to know if those are good sales? I hear some people that KARA might actually sell 100,000 albums by the end of the year and I think that is VERY GOOD if they do!

For the sales, is 27,000 albums a lot? Im not too familiar with the system in Korea, but in general are those sales actually good? How about compared to 2NE1 or SNSD or those sales up to par? I really dont want to compare those album sales to those two, but I just want to know if those are good sales? I hear some people that KARA might actually sell 100,000 albums by the end of the year and I think that is VERY GOOD if they do!

In comparison to Lupin, which can, theoretically be considered Kara's biggest hit (based on digital downloads and amount of wins) only sold around 12k in two weeks, 27k is alot....in general 27k is alot. Already, STEP is MORE than 2x's what Kara's most successful song/promotion to date. Also, in comparison, a big Fan-club like elf can sell 70k in two weeks with over 200K fans...Kara managed to be only 40k below that with "less than half" that amount of fan support.

Here are some numbers for perspective.

in 2010, for the Gaon Top 100 Music Sellers:

1. SNSD

Digital: $5,564,000 (45.5%)

Physical: $6,652,000 (54.5%)

Total: $12,216,000 (100%)

3. 2NE1

Digital: $7,209,000 (81.3%)

Physical: $1,661,000 (18.7%)

Total: $8,870,000 (100%)

8. Kara

Digital: $2,709,000 (60.7%)

Physical: $1,754,000 (39.3%)

Total: $4,463,000 (100%)

So this is actually pretty good. Lupin is basically carrying Kara through 2010, "Jumping," while it did win two awards, was no where near as big a Lupin because they couldn't put the proper effort into it. It was an old MV that we had all already seen and downloaded so it didn't have the same success, where-as SNSD and 2NE1 had out two really good and original songs, which helps to give them a higher over-all score.

This is the girl group album sales from the 1st quarter of 2011:

*1 65,412 SNSD

*2 36,564 KARA

*3 16,992 2NE1

*4 16,056 T-ara

*5 13,629 Secret

*6 *5,192 Seeya

*7 *2,351 5dolls

*8 *2,306 Dal Shabet

*9 *2,240 Brown Eyed Girls

10 *1,784 f(x)

so this means that, SNSD, KARA and 2NE1, have old albums selling better than the new albums that some girl groups have come out with. So yeah, Kara doesn't have a many fans as 2NE1 or SNSD....they are the group that really has to work to earn fans...not saying that the other two don't just they didn't have to work as hard. Kara is doing really well, and it's numbers like these that show that Kara is one of the top girl groups in Korea, despite whether people accept it or not.

I know people will disagree, but in terms of success and not jut popularity, I put Kara #2 behind ONLY SNSD. In terms of the ratio of popularity to success in terms of album sales and endorsement deals Kara has got every other girl group BESIDES SNSD beat. This new KIA CF will really help to push them over the edge and really solidify them as being "top" sure they don't have the same monster album and digital sales but their sales are still very good and pretty darn close. If Kara manage to come back and promote in Korea with a good song, I'm sure that they will be closer to those two than they were in 2010. If Jumping had been original, it would have been better.

So I would say the sells are up to par...they aren't the same, no, but again, considering the size of Kara's fan-club to the size of their fan-clubs, I would say the ratio or percentage of fans buying the album is good.

^ thanks for the info ..it was really informative :thumbup:

somehow i feel that people especially new kpop fans do not think that kara is big in korea and question their popularity such as why is kara popular in japan or how come kara win this and that..and with Step, i think more people are aware of kara and taking notice of them..it's just that kara is less flashier compared to other groups that ppl think they are not that popular but the promotions this time is better than ever :)

However, popularity is a double edged sword..it's just too bad that the producer acted that way and ignited the amount of hate/criticism towards the group(i can't believe those bashings i read on twitter and youtube by so called kpop fans, so immature)..ah well haters gonna hate so i'm glad kara is not affected by that

Luckily kamilia is a respectful fandom or else i believe that a serious fandom war would have happened..i really like how kara is always appreciative towards their fans =)