[2011.09.06] Korean 3rd Album - Step

sweetofuu

I think Koreans fans and International fans are different. I think Korea knows who really is popular. International fans can only depend on translated media articles, fandoms, ...akp, and other international fans. So yeah, I think Korea accepts Kara's popularity. Reason why they're appearing on so many shows in these short weeks of promoting..(im on karaholic so i can be a lil' big headed, no? we're all kamilias here riight? x3)

Kara girls are a lil' shy and humble for being the 3rd(imo) best girl group in Korea. So Kamilias aren't as out there as other fans? Like that saying.. you are what you eat.. in this case.. you are what you attract? x3 hehe. i would rather spazz here than read and reply to troll comments... But sometimes I feel like I need to, to show support for our girls. Facts are the only way to go~ x3

@YOBI Omg that fancam is beast. Haha, nice filming! A lil' shaky but the sincerity was there! x3 Of course Kara sang live~ People think they aren't because they sound good when singing together and GyulHamCole sounds close to the track for meh~ which is good~!

a clean sweep achieved on the 2nd week but the place has gone quiet? anyway, congrats for achieving the feat in the 2nd week. time flies, isn't it. it has left us with only 1 week, so let's hope for the best for the goodbye stages. i hope they will perform dear kamilia once more, preferably on next inkigayo for the 2nd mutizen song which is possible.

about kara popularity in korea, the numbers are raising but insignificant to make any impact. the reason why kara is appearing everywhere for the past 2 weeks or so is because of promotions and most importantly there're points counting towards the respective music show rankings. the girls are busier these days after the soaring popularity in japan which brings up the curiosity and hence new fans/antis in korea.

about the complaints or protests on why kara keeps winning instead of their group(s), well they aren't used to, not convinced or outdated about kara. hopefully they will someday, not that we care but it's silly to read those comments.

^

Yea Kara's fanclub numbers are still not large enough to make people think "O.O Kara really is big!" but fanclub numbers aren't indicative of actual popularity anyways. I'd say that Kara is very popular in Korea, much more so than they are ever given credit for as most of the polls, including Gallup have shown. Kara made the top five most recognized idols in 2010 and they have only gone up in popularity since then. The only female group ahead of them is SNSD. Also, if going by advertisements deals Kara does really well. Still imo based on what I have seen only SNSD has more or does more endorsing for a female group. While Kara definitely doesn't have a fanclub in the 100k+ range, they have the general population on their side which is why they continue to be requested on shows and get endorsement deals even when they aren't promoting. The good thing about Kara is that they most definitely have not hit their peak yet. They still have lots of time to grow and continue to develop. Kara is big, I wish people would get over their bias and see that.

After watching this. KARA IS TOTALLY SINGING LIVE...Although Hara needed a bit more improvements. But I really think Gyuri improved MOST!!! LIKE ALOT and next would be JING :)

my exact sentiments!

she's not as breathy as she used to.

her musicale voice lessons must have been the biggest factor of this improvement!

btw, anybody who knows why they performed date again?

if its not their comeback stage, normally its just their title song right?

congrats KARA for winning ingikayo!

WOW - 2 on MNET, 2 on MuBank, 1 on Inki..

we brought, or better Kara brought home 5 trophies already..

It's great, it's simply great and this was all thanks to everyone's effort and support.. :thumbup:

I was kinda shocked/surprised by seeing Date!! I was like "another comeback stage??"

I hardly saw anyone getting more of one song to perform if not for comeback/goodbye stages.. maybe I should add beside YG artist ? :sweatdrop:

Though it was really DAEBAK, 2 performances and a trophy!!

These 2 weeks I was like "If they win it's great but if they don't, as long as they are performing happily together "in front" of us, it's fine" though I'd still vote, search, stream and cross my free fingers 'till the end, not talking about how nervous and excited at the same time I am..

yeah triple crown would make me happy but.... Honestly I'm already happy and satisfied with what they got and, for me, they got a LOT..

Since this week it'll be their good-bye stages, I'll enjoy their performances, presence even more..

Sure, I will still vote, search, stream, but there will be less nervousness/excitement for the results..

"why did kara perform 2 songs in 2nd inki?"

my guess is inki "knows" the result and asked if kara would like to do 2 songs.

otherwise yesterday was the goodbye stage for inki.

anyway the former looks more possible, unless people start to acknowledge that kara is big now.

edited:

and oh oh, see what did i find? thanks to ukiss, hope their fans can kinda ease down a bit.

[c] kaero261

Edited by red4summer

I want to thank GooBurberrHara again for answering my question a few days back because it was really informative and I was really impressed by your answer :) Thank you! I am happy KARA is able to sell a lot in two weeks those are impressive sales especially in the korean market.

by the GooBurberrHara, do you have any predictions about this weeks winners? I know its going to be difficult since SUJU and BEG are dominating in digital and or album charts but what are the chances of KARA winning on their goodbye stage?

Edited by EmotionalSense

Glad to see it's still no.1. It's such a great album it deserves to do well. I like all the songs on there. I think my favourite is Track 7 I Am... (Ing) (Acoustic) They should do more songs like that, it's really nice to listen to.

Edit: I just realised I Am... (Ing) is from one of their mini albums so not really a new song. In that case I'd say my favourite new song is Strawberry.

Edited by Arrow

I want to thank GooBurberrHara again for answering my question a few days back because it was really informative and I was really impressed by your answer :) Thank you! I am happy KARA is able to sell a lot in two weeks those are impressive sales especially in the korean market.

by the GooBurberrHara, do you have any predictions about this weeks winners? I know its going to be difficult since SUJU and BEG are dominating in digital and or album charts but what are the chances of KARA winning on their goodbye stage?

No Problem! But I'm really not an expert so my prediction should be taken very lightly. Kara stands a good chance of winning inki but that doesn't mean that they will (though I think they should), they also stand a good chance of winning Music Bank, but again, it really is just up in the air at this point. Kara song's is two weeks old and "Hello" is new and dominated last weeks the digital charts so it's their stiffest competition. Either way I'm happy with the awards they have thus far but I think they could manage to grab one more award...which one though is the confusing part.

It becomes so hard to win on Music Show when you don't have a huge fanbase

KARA song is already two weeks but they still maintain a good position in charts

So even if they didn't win this week I am proud of the girls

Moreover it will be their last week of performance so we have to enjoy it lol.

no disrespect to the candidates but lupin fought off more "fierce" idols to clinch 6 #1s. (though step sales are better.)

even if kara is to take the coming inki, the supports shown this time is kind of disappointing.

looking at the scores, if we could just do that extra bit, triple crown might be possible.

(it's goodbye stage this week, so we need something to send off the girls!)

yes, without a strong local fanbase, kara isn't going to rule music charts/awards in korea.

this is one of the things which i still can't get over with..

^I think it's because Lupin did much better digitally. But I do agree that the fanbase is small. I think KARA has a lot of casual fans that may or may not like their songs and not blindly buy it just because they are fans.

Edited by evil

^ .....that's kind of disappointing. Is KARA's fan base in Korea shrinking?

Nope I don't think so. Instead, their physical sales surpassed Lupin physical sales. So it's mean their fanbase is still strong as physical sales is the indicator of of how big their fanbase is.

Nope I don't think so. Instead, their physical sales surpassed Lupin physical sales. So it's mean their fanbase is still strong as physical sales is the indicator of of how big their fanbase is.

That's good to hear. :sweatdrop:

Do you happen to know if the girls pre-recorded their goodbye stage for inkigayo or not?