[2011.09.06] Korean 3rd Album - Step

sweetofuu

^

^

@red4summer: STEP sold about 65k, The Boys sold about 83k in Oricon

LOL!!! difference of only about 18k...

KARA promotion "STEP" is not serious in Japan while the S*** & $M really serious until exposed to shock waves from the Japanese because of excessive use of bad language :thumbdown:

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Plus the fact snsd has a huge Korean and international fan-base that help boost their Japanese sales, and Kara still does better than them in Japan says a lot.

Definitely agree with this. KARA don't have the advantage of a very stong fanbase outside Japan to bump up their sales and I do agree that a good deal of SNSD's sale are down to international and Korean fans of SNSD as they are crazy hardcore (on the 6theory forums someone posted that their SNSD fan friend buys NINE copies-one for each girl-of every SNSD releases! Woah! :ph34r: ) and their fanbase seems to have no problem paying for the same things over and over again just in different languages or for a few new pictures. BUT The Boys has been selling low but pretty steadily so there must be some Japanese interest whereas STEP has pretty much stalled saleswise so it seems like it was just hardcore J-Kamilia who purchased it.

I didn't know STEP had done that well digitally so that is good to know. You guys are right that there have been a lot of KARA releases over the last couple of months so fans are probably forced to be more selective about what they buy. I was just disappointed about STEP's physical sales but at least KARA's Japanese album is selling like hotcakes in Japan and that's what really counts! :thumbup:

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Definitely agree with this. KARA don't have the advantage of a very stong fanbase outside Japan to bump up their sales and I do agree that a good deal of SNSD's sale are down to international and Korean fans of SNSD as they are crazy hardcore (on the 6theory forums someone posted that their SNSD fan friend buys NINE copies-one for each girl-of every SNSD releases! Woah! :ph34r: ) and their fanbase seems to have no problem paying for the same things over and over again just in different languages or for a few new pictures. BUT The Boys has been selling low but pretty steadily so there must be some Japanese interest whereas STEP has pretty much stalled saleswise so it seems like it was just hardcore J-Kamilia who purchased it.

I didn't know STEP had done that well digitally so that is good to know. You guys are right that there have been a lot of KARA releases over the last couple of months so fans are probably forced to be more selective about what they buy. I was just disappointed about STEP's physical sales but at least KARA's Japanese album is selling like hotcakes in Japan and that's what really counts! :thumbup:

Observation is good enough ... and correct what you said that sales of the album "Super Girl" is the most important and also they must be smart to choose whether to buy the album with their own language or languages ​​other people ... I think selling album "Step" is quite good in Japan remember things from a lack of promotion of the song "Step" until the release of the song, album, dvd about the same.

^

Please refrain from bashing other groups. We didn't want to create any unnecessary consequences.

Sorry but this is indeed the fact B) ... they are also often talk about the same in their homes :angry:

Do you think that Step should be released in Japanese Version or not? Why?

No DSP should never do something like that. Just release original Japanese song. With KARA 's status right now, they don't need a remake to make it big at the start or milking Japanese fan to the max for some quick money like other Kpop groups are doing. Continue release original Japanese songs also could make KARA become more mainstream in Japanese market, and differentiate them from the rest of Kpop group (who keeps doing remakes after remakes).

I don't like the over use of remakes, but it would have been nice to have J-Step on the Super Girls album the same way a Japanese version of Lupin was released.

Other groups often have their Korean songs as the main promoted title track in Japan and most don't translate well. Since an old song is quickly being reused to promote when it doesn't even sound well in Japanese rather then making a new song that fits the Japanese style and language, that's one of the reasons why it gives off so much negativity.

But Step wasn't going to be promoted anyways and was like a bonus filler track. Since they weren't going to promote it, it wouldn't leave much of an impact on the general audience. For those who weren't interested, it's just another filler track and they wouldn't even notice or say "Didn't they release this in Korea? Why are they promoting it here?". Super Girls already had enough fresh new tracks to prove it wasn't a Korean-to-Japanese rehashed album. IMO, if they were going to put Step on the album anyways, they should have released it in Japanese then to have a Korean track on a Japanese album.

Since Japanese fans have expressed interest in Step and even bought the album, it was somewhat of a disappointment for Step to be released in Japan in Korean. And since it was already released on the album, it's way too late to have it re-released in Japanese. Boo.

Edited by Biscuit

Yeah, maybe someday they could re-released it again as J-Step for a bonus track in single/album. I know that it will be too late, but if DSP wants to know whether STEP-like song can penetrate Japanese fans/not then it will be a good way to use it. Somehow, I kinda miss KARA's Korean type of songs. You know, the one that isn't too cute but more energetic-sexy type of songs and dance. I need more Lupin/Jumping/Step type of songs....

Yeah, maybe someday they could re-released it again as J-Step for a bonus track in single/album. I know that it will be too late, but if DSP wants to know whether STEP-like song can penetrate Japanese fans/not then it will be a good way to use it. Somehow, I kinda miss KARA's Korean type of songs. You know, the one that isn't too cute but more energetic-sexy type of songs and dance. I need more Lupin/Jumping/Step type of songs....

It's already been discussed earlier but the sales of the Korean "Step" album would be some indicator of how well the song might be received and sales for that aren't great. Not bad but not great.

I don't agree with your comment about their Korean type songs. Listening to their Korean music most of their Korean songs ARE on the cuter side. in the STEP album only really "Step" and "Rider" are the dance songs and everything else is cute, mid-tempo or ballad. "Energetic-sexy type" songs as you called them are the exception. Of the ones you mentioned "Lupin" is an exception and was their first "sexy" song (if you exclude "Mister" which was originally just one of the songs on their EP which ended up being promoted alongside the title track which was the much cuter type song "Wanna") and "Jumping" was released as a Japanese title track before it was released in Korea.

Edited by Optimist

Korea loves "cute", it's well-known.. and "cute" is also KARA's forte.. Can't remember where but Nicole said it not too long ago..

It'd have been good to have STEP (jap. vers.).. Not as a promotional single, of course.. But being added as it has been in SG but in japanese and I think that DSP would have done it if they had more time..

• 1 month later...

the kara channel.. the mv release countdown.. step will always be remembered as the single which they were in-charge and most importantly where they came back as 5. even if it's sung in an alien language, it holds a special meaning in me.

[c] KaRaRaInBoW2012

^ J-Step will be on their new single ^_^

Step was #11 in Gaon's Yearly albums chart

mr3ib9.png

along with SNSD, they are the only 2 girlgroups to archieve 100,000 copies sold in 2011 :D

and the song was #54 in Singles chart

2ce57q9.png

Edited by rafatisd

• 2 weeks later...

I need a little help. I want to buy the album Step. It should be the special edition (Korea version). Unfortunately this version is sold out. My dealer has only the limited deluxe edition (Taiwan version) and the Japan version. What is the different? Which version could you recommend? Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...