[2011.09.06] The cost of fliming STEP MV.

Caly

35n7uxt.jpg

To have a magnificent and deep-impact comeback, fulfilling this criteria is just the basics?

Awaiting for their korean comeback, the huge amount of money(million won)invested into KARA's STEP's Music video have gain lots of attention from the public.

KARA released their third album title track "STEP" MV on 6th of september on Youtube. According to sources , the setting up cost of the Music video is more than a million won and this clearly shows the effort of DSP in promoting KARA's long awaited upcoming comeback stage in Korea. The setting of the Music Video itself uses a 35 metre, the world largest scale Street-like setup to match with the colourful outfits for KARA and the fierce dance moves of STEP. The set-up focuses mostly on the vibrant, colourful feel, to steal all attentions from the viewers. After releasing the album digitally, the limited version is out for sale.On the sidenote, KARA managed to top the digital download.

The normal version of the albums will also be out for sale on the 8th of september. The transformation from the cute image to a more sexy and mature image have gained the attention of the masses. Netizens who watched the music video gave comments: " Prolly due to the amount of the money spend on this MV, it's really impressive!" ,"All the songs in the albums are so nice!", "This concept suits KARA!". However, critical comments like "This is the basic standard for a comeback" and "The making of this MV cost million won?!" were also seen.

Nevertheless, KARA is going to be back in various activites this mid september to promote this album.

Taken from: KARAfamily.net,donga

Translated by: Caly/dreamgal_91@ KARAHOLIC.

CREDIT FULLY WHEN TAKEN. THANKS (:

I don't really get it here: what is "the setting up cost"? Is it one kind of all cost?

By the way, this MV is really great, though I don't like the outfit much

But the lyric, the cherco, dance move, rap part, every thing was awesome :)

DSP and KARA really STEP UP this time

Wait a million won? Isn't that like, $1000 USD? Doesn't sound like much to me. Thanks for the translation Caly.

edit: AKP just translated the article too. They said it's a hundred million won

On September 6th, KARA unveiled the title track MV for “Step“ from their 3rd album.

The music video contained vivid color tones that emphasized the set, costumes, and choreography, that lightened up the entire atmosphere of the big 35 meter set piece. The large set contained a total of 30 people including back up dancers and break dancers.

In particular, the stage set piece alone reportedly cost 100 million won or approximately $93,205 which showed the amount of high production costs and dedication that was put into KARA’s comeback album.

After KARA released “Step”, they produced an All Kill on the charts placing 1st on Melon, Mnet, Oleh Music, Soribada, Naver, and Daum.

Fans are also anticipating the release of KARA’s album cover on September 8th. They physical copy album cover will depict the girls wearing special Swarovski jewelry, showing a new luxurious side of the girls.

Furthermore KARA plans to take on full fledged activities to promote their album in mid September after the Chuseok festivities.

Edited by gyuriFTW

i also read somewhere it was 100M krw. anyway i don't think it's astonishing figure but let's hope with the increased amount, the return on investment will be rewarding, or as least there's justice.

wow that's a lot of money! DSP is really trying to get people's atenttion. Great work so far!

btw the dance moves, the singing, the lyrics, the melody, the outfits...everithing was awsome in the MV so im sure is mission succes for DSP!

can't wait for the 8th! i wanna have that album in my hands!!!

STEP IT UP KARA & KAMILIA!! FIGHTING!!

Thank you for sharing and translating!

I'm glad DSP is investing a lot more money into promotions this time!

It may not have been an extremely extravagant amount, but I think it was reasonable, and the final product looked great ^-^

I really like how DSP has improved the quality of everything. Can't wait to see what's in store for the actual comeback stages/performances~

That is a good amount of money but I am sure that a company the size of dsp could do more. I am very pleased with "step" set. It is far above any mv released by Kara before including the Japanese mv. The last biggest thing in a Kara mv I remembered is the "crane carousel" from the "Jet coaster mv".

I would say KARA budget have been going up which is a good thing I believe.

For those critical comments, I understand them but the "step" mv is a huge move up from the previous mvs. The "STEP" MV have size, a big one. Not only is there space but dancers and the bright colours too. It is well designed and they sure make good use of every single won. It is an excellent effort for the money. A good safe investment before moving on to bigger things.

I'm glad DSP shelled out a pretty penny for the set. KARA deserves it. ^^ The set looked absolutely beautiful too, so the money was well spent. I love the fact that the set has the name of some of their previous songs on the walls. I thought it was a nice personal touch. ^^

• 3 weeks later...